'Kill Obama' And 'Muslims Not Welcome Here' Signs In New Mexico Draw Cheers from RSPWCC...

Journalist?

Jan 1, 2017, 12:37:27 AM1/1/17
Source: International Business Times

Racism In America: 'Kill Obama' And 'Muslims Not Welcome Here' Signs In New Mexico Draw Criticism

By Cristina Silva @cristymsilva On 12/31/16 AT 1:18 PM

The nation's leading Muslim civil rights advocacy group has demanded a New Mexico convenience store remove a sign that reads “Obama & other Muslims Not welcome here.” The store previously displayed a sign that ready "Kill Obama." It also sells the signs to customers.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations said the not welcome sign was anti-Muslim and anti-President Barack Obama. Obama is Christian, but critics often claim he is Muslim.

“While everyone has the First Amendment right to free speech – even offensive speech – we urge the store’s owner to remove the sign in the interest of common decency and of our nation’s unity at a time of increasing divisions,” said CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper.

The sign has been called offensive and racist by customers on Facebook who also demanded the Mayhill, New Mexico, store owner reconsider the sign.

Read more: http://www.ibtimes.com/racism-america-kill-obama-muslims-not-welcome-here-signs-new-mexico-draw-criticism-2468005

Journalist?

Jan 1, 2017, 3:14:56 PM1/1/17
See no one from RSPWCC disputes this...