NRA Members To Leadership: "Look We're Racist, Sure, But First And Foremost We Are Gun-Obsessed Psychopaths!!"

Jason Todd!!!

Jun 19, 2017, 4:48:39 AM6/19/17

Some gun owners are disturbed by the Philando Castile verdict. The NRA is silent.
9 / 17

The Washington Post logo

The Washington Post

Avi Selk

Amid the national fury over the death of Philando Castile at a traffic stop in July — a shooting made more horrific by his girlfriend’s Facebook Live broadcast of his final moments — some condemned the National Rifle Association’s near silence on the matter.

The organization had been quick to defend other gun owners who made national news. Castile had a valid permit for his firearm, reportedly told the officer about it to avoid a confrontation, and was fatally shot anyway after being told to hand over his license.

Virginia Tourism Corporation

Sponsored by Virginia Tourism Corporation

Beyond Glamping: Distinctive Places to Stay in VA

Skip the boring standard hotel and plan your stay at one of these unique accommodations around the Commonwealth

See More

So some NRA members were furious when the organization released a tepid statement, more than a day after the shooting, that merely called it “troublesome” and promised that “the NRA will have more to say once all the facts are known.”

A year later, the investigation is over and many more facts are known. Police recordings and court records confirmed initial reports that Castile had tried to defuse the situation, assuring the officer that he wasn’t reaching for his weapon.

Subscribe to the Post’s Today's Headlines newsletter: All the top stories of the day - local, national and global.

On Friday, a jury acquitted the officer, Jeronimo Yanez, of manslaughter.

So, some gun rights advocates are once again furious.

And the NRA still has nothing to say.

The Washington Post couldn’t find any statement from the organization about the verdict in Castile’s case, and the organization did not respond to requests for comment Sunday.

Phillip Smith, who leads the National African American Gun Association, said he hasn’t seen any NRA statements since July.

“And I’ve been reading pretty diligently,” he said. “It troubles me tremendously when I see a young man following the rules, doing what he’s supposed to be doing, and there’s still no accountability from a legal perspective.”

The chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus told the Associated Press that the jury had effectively told African Americans that “the Second Amendment does not apply to them.”

A writer for Slate also received no response from the NRA when he wrote about the officer’s acquittal, prompting him to write: “If Castile had been white instead of black, the NRA would have been rallying behind him and his family since the moment of his death, and fundraising off his memory for the rest of time.”

A year ago, the NRA’s own members were calling out the organization, as Brian Fung wrote for The Post. “What do I pay fees for if you do not represent gun owners and our rights?” one wrote on the group’s Facebook page.

As described in a criminal complaint from Yanez’s trial, the first moments of Castile’s traffic stop ring true to Smith’s experience as a black gun owner.

“Black men are feared in this country,” he said. “They put their hands on their gun and say, ‘Don’t make any sudden movements.’ ”

Smith said he knows the unspoken rules of any police encounter — rules that go beyond laws and constitutional rights.

“Definitely don’t move at all,” he said, keep your hands on the steering wheel, “take baby steps with the officer until they’re comfortable.”

In Castile’s case, according to the complaint, he told Yanez, “I’m not pulling it out” — a few seconds before the officer drew his own gun and killed Castile.

“We should all carry a gun now,” Smith said. “We all have that right. We’re not going to let a rogue officer or a rogue legal decision sway us.”

Anger about the officer’s acquittal has managed to unite critics from opposite ends of the ideological spectrum.

The National Review’s David French, for instance, once wrote that “it’s hard to recall a political movement built on more verifiable lies and misinformation than Black Lives Matter.”

But after the Yanez verdict, French’s opinion matched that of Black Lives Matter protesters. He wrote of the officer: “Whether he panicked because of race, simply because of the gun, or because of both, he still panicked, and he should have been held accountable.”

He added: “The jury’s verdict was a miscarriage of justice.”

And still, nothing from the normally vocal NRA, which once released a statement two days after a mass shooting in Orlando: “Destroy radical Islam, not the right of law-abiding Americans to protect themselves.”

Jason Todd!!!

Jun 19, 2017, 2:31:23 PM6/19/17

No one wants to touch this, huh?

Jaso

Tim Weisse

Jun 19, 2017, 2:58:27 PM6/19/17
"Jason Todd!!!" <janklo...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:71a34b88-f145-4b57-
93ad-3bb...@googlegroups.com:

> snip

this was nothing but black-supremacist, anti-white racebaiting by the jew-
owned Washington Pest, and as such should be dismissed. Next.

Jason Todd!!!

Jun 19, 2017, 3:06:11 PM6/19/17
Soooooooooooooo....the story is not true, is that what you're saying?

Jason

Jason Todd!!!

Jun 28, 2017, 7:50:47 PM6/28/17
OK, our resident Aryan has pussied out like the bitch he is, so does anyone ELSE have a comment on how this proves the undeniable racism of the NRA.

Jason (I mean, since we're all here tonight, right?)

Trijcomm

Jun 29, 2017, 2:02:20 AM6/29/17
You claim you are such a linguistics master yet you write like a sixth grader with cuss words throughout and you don't evenm know the proper use of quotation marks. Did you stop attending school when you were 12?

Trijcomm

Jun 29, 2017, 2:04:41 AM6/29/17
On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 1:02:20 AM UTC-5, Trijcomm wrote:
> You claim you are such a linguistics master yet you write like a sixth grader with cuss words throughout and you don't evenm know the proper use of quotation marks. Did you stop attending school when you were 12?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TOxhzAm7fY

Jason Todd!!!

Jun 29, 2017, 9:36:34 AM6/29/17
On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 2:02:20 AM UTC-4, Trijcomm wrote:
> You claim you are such a linguistics master yet you write like a sixth grader with cuss words throughout and you don't evenm know the proper use of quotation marks. Did you stop attending school when you were 12?

Evasion noted, and please tell me where I said I was a linguistics master.

Unlike yourself who declared himself "impeccable"

Jason

Trijcomm

Jun 29, 2017, 10:24:48 AM6/29/17
The POINT is that your incorrect usage of quotations attributes statements to people they never made, thus destroying your premise. Your backing off of former claims of mastery when confronted and exposed reminds me of CNN reversing its field when brought face to face with their fake news. But it took a threatened lawsuit to do it, just as correction on improper quotation usage flushes out the false wordsmith claims.

Trijcomm

Jun 29, 2017, 10:32:58 AM6/29/17
Jason Todd!!!

2/24/16

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 4:23:36 PM UTC-5, Trijcomm wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 2:46:41 PM UTC-6, Jason Todd!!! wrote:
> > Just in case it wasn't clear to the pundits as to just WHY he's running as a Republican....
> >

> > Jason
>
> Congratulations. Trump loves you.

Bachelor's Degree in Communications from Long Island University, skippy.

Try again.

Jason (I mean, it ain't a Harvard JD or anything, but I've done OK)

Jason Todd!!!

Jun 29, 2017, 11:33:13 AM6/29/17
Just because I said I have a Bachelor's in Comm denotes that I also said I was perfect??

Jason

Trijcomm

Jun 29, 2017, 11:43:24 AM6/29/17
You broadcast it to the NG, you boast about it, you own it and will be measured accordingly.

Jason Todd!!!

Jun 29, 2017, 5:38:12 PM6/29/17
I've mentioned it ONCE. Yet that's "broadcasting" and "boasting" ????

you own it and will be measured accordingly.

>>I've got something you can measure! <<

Jason

Trijcomm

Jun 29, 2017, 8:43:42 PM6/29/17
That's all it takes. But now that YOU mentioned it, in your opinion, any more than once and it's bragging. Thus, you will NEVER EVER be able to mention it again without boasting because YOU just defined what it is TO YOU!

me

Jun 29, 2017, 8:50:04 PM6/29/17
its so cute when Skippy thinks he can apply rules to others

Pope Acolyte Of Glorious La Parka~, Master Of Men And Lover Of Women

Jun 29, 2017, 9:54:40 PM6/29/17
YOU MEAN, like the GUN-CARRYING LIEb Bernie Sanders volunteer who SHOT A
Republican Congressman and others with an intent TO KILL WITH THAT GUN?

COULD YOU MEAN a psychopath like THAT??????

me

Jun 29, 2017, 10:04:36 PM6/29/17
yes, psychopaths like that.

Jason Todd!!!

Aug 12, 2017, 12:57:34 AM8/12/17
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 4:48:39 AM UTC-4, Jason Todd!!! wrote:
> Some gun owners are disturbed by the Philando Castile verdict. The NRA is silent.
> 9 / 17
>

> The Washington Post logo
>
> The Washington Post
>

> Avi Selk
>
> Amid the national fury over the death of Philando Castile at a traffic stop in July — a shooting made more horrific by his girlfriend’s Facebook Live broadcast of his final moments — some condemned the National Rifle Association’s near silence on the matter.
>

> The organization had been quick to defend other gun owners who made national news. Castile had a valid permit for his firearm, reportedly told the officer about it to avoid a confrontation, and was fatally shot anyway after being told to hand over his license.
>

> Virginia Tourism Corporation
>
> Sponsored by Virginia Tourism Corporation
>
> Beyond Glamping: Distinctive Places to Stay in VA
>
> Skip the boring standard hotel and plan your stay at one of these unique accommodations around the Commonwealth
>
> See More
>
> So some NRA members were furious when the organization released a tepid statement, more than a day after the shooting, that merely called it “troublesome” and promised that “the NRA will have more to say once all the facts are known.”

Well, here we are two months later and here's what the National Racist Amalgamation has to say...

Basically, the whole thing is Castile's own fault BECAUSE HE SMOKES WEED:

A spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association indicated Thursday that the gun rights group did not defend Philando Castile, a black man who was pulled over by police and then fatally shot in 2016, because he was breaking the law at the time of his death.

Castile was shot and killed in a Saint Paul, Minn., suburb last summer by a Falcon Heights police officer, after telling the police officer he had a license to carry a firearm. But Dana Loesch, a spokeswoman for the NRA, said there were other factors that have to be considered in the cas

"He was also in possession of a controlled substance and a firearm simultaneously, which is illegal. Stop lying," Loesch said on Twitter early Thursday.

She was responding to a tweet noting that Castile was a Minnesota carry permit holder who "followed the safety rules" but was still shot. The Twitter user questioned why the NRA was so slow to defend Castile, thinking it had to do with his race.

The police officer — Jeronimo Yanez — panicked when Castile, who said he was legally carrying his handgun, reached for his waistband. Yanez then opened fire several times.

Many who defend Yanez — who was acquitted of second-degree manslaughter earlier this year — say had Castile known what to do, he would have put his hands on the dashboard or steering wheel and waited for further instructions from Yanez. Defenders of Castile say Yanez should have told Castile what to do after he disclosed he had a concealed weapon.

The NRA was quiet on Castile's death for nearly a year following, until a CNN debate last month when Loesch called the incident "a terrible tragedy that could have been avoided."

Loesch pointed out in her Thursday tweet that Castile was breaking the law by having a controlled substance in his possession at the time of the shooting. According to a memo filed during Yanez's case by his attorneys, Castile was a regular marijuana user and had high levels of THC in his system when he died.

According to the memo, Castile lied on his application for his firearm permit by denying he was "unlawful user of any controlled substance." It is a felony to be in possession of a controlled substance while armed with a firearm, even if lawfully in possession of the gun.

Well, alrighty then!!!

Aldrichtom

Aug 12, 2017, 4:54:58 PM8/12/17

On 11-Aug-2017, "Jason Todd!!!" <janklo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, alrighty then!!!

The thing people do not realize is by the actions of today is the ground
work of tomorrow, it is this type of stuff endangers society of the future.
If all people don't perceive a just society then the secure become less
secure. Remember! History is full of stories of well armed Police states
taking a fall and lots of time after the change the police tactics get
worse.