The Joker's Wild is returning

MrL0bstr

May 17, 2017, 7:41:43 PM5/17/17

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 17, 2017, 8:36:18 PM5/17/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 7:41:43 PM UTC-4, MrL0bstr wrote:
> It will be on TBS, with Snoop Dogg as host. http://deadline.com/2017/05/snoop-dogg-the-jokers-wild-new-game-show-tbs-1202095413/

Well, TBS & Snoop have seen the success ABC has had reviving and rebooting To Tell The Truth (returning in September), Match Game, and the $100,000 Pyramid, and with ABC also rebooting the Gong Show this summer, the question has to be asked. What's next?

MrL0bstr

May 18, 2017, 5:16:18 AM5/18/17
I'm curious myself. Looks like Sasha Banks' cousin has crossed over into my other favorite genre!

Freezer

May 18, 2017, 7:38:37 AM5/18/17
If I don't reply to this hobb...@yahoo.com post, the terroists
win.
No love for the revival that started it all: Wayne Brady's "Lets
Make A Deal?"

--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://mst3kfreezer.livejournal.com/

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 18, 2017, 8:30:03 AM5/18/17
Actually, when you think about it, the classic game revivals began with Family Feud, which seems to have settled on Steve Harvey, one of the busiest men in show biz, as permanent host, after going through Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, & John O'Hurley before him.

Freezer

May 18, 2017, 8:39:52 AM5/18/17
If I don't reply to this post, the terroists win.

> Actually, when you think about it, the classic game revivals
> began with Family Feud, which seems to have settled on Steve
> Harvey, one of the busiest men in show biz, as permanent host,
> after going through Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, & John
> O'Hurley before him.

Can't really count Family Feud. The longest it's been gone is five
years, and that was in the late 1990s.

MrL0bstr

May 19, 2017, 1:55:24 PM5/19/17
They actually began with Match Game '98 one year earlier. The show that started the trend of revivals ended up only lasting one season. Ironically enough, the current Match Game manages to get renewed, which proves that many of us were right when we said the '98 version was inferior to a remote resemblance of the 70s version.

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 19, 2017, 2:30:52 PM5/19/17
Part of the reason the 1998 version failed was because host Michael Berger lacked one key element----charisma. Watched one episode on GSN during a holiday marathon a couple of years back (New Year's Day '14, I think), and there were too many mistakes. Cut the panel from 6 to 5 celebrities, Berger was duller than stale water, etc.. Plus, IIRC, it wasn't airing in a lot of cities due to station indifference or commitments to news at lunch time (like in my area).