Republicans Call for Return to Cold War

Karolina Dean...Where the HELL is my monkey?

Feb 28, 2014, 7:38:57 PM2/28/14

David E. Powell

Feb 28, 2014, 8:07:02 PM2/28/14
On Friday, February 28, 2014 7:38:57 PM UTC-5, Karolina Dean...Where the HELL is my monkey? wrote:
> http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/27/top-republicans-call-for-return-to-cold-war.html

Um... who has been running foreign policy?

Who promised the Ukrainians "Oh yeah, oh we'll back you" if they rose up instead of waiting a couple months for the next election to vote?

Who isn't doing much effective now that they did, and are getting bulldozed?

On none of those counts is the answer "Republicans."

Sorry dude, this is beyond goat rope, if anyone is at fault it is the EU foreign policy types or whoever was backing this push, because without military backing it was just setting the people up to get steamrolled.

I am not saying it was the US State Department, we may have not been involved at all, in fact by how late our statements have been to the party, that's what I figure. We are getting tarred by association though - Both the Russians think we are involved, and the pro-Ukraine types blame us for doing too little to help them.

The whole way it was planned was a disaster - And I am not saying the White House had anything to do with it, it looks like an EU effort, but man they should have been paying attention, it doesn't look like anyone in the EU Gov't or the White House was close to being prepared for the Russian response. Anyone who saw Georgia a few years ago and knows the Russian history in not wanting to lose warm water ports or have hostile governments on their borders should not have been surprised, putting all that together this response was easy to predict.

However, if the mistake was not seeing that, or thinking that was possible and still encouraging the revolt (Thus setting the Ukrainians up to be absolutely hammered in response) it may have been the EU, maybe the US State Department comes in for some flak on not paying attention, but the last people to blame are US Republicans, who had nothing at all to do with the whole mess.

Trijcomm

Mar 2, 2014, 12:27:40 AM3/2/14
On Friday, February 28, 2014 6:38:57 PM UTC-6, Karolina Dean...Where the HELL is my monkey? wrote:
> http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/27/top-republicans-call-for-return-to-cold-war.html

Obama makes all these threats and Putin as well as everyone else knows there is no punch behind all his words. He makes the US look ridiculous. He might as well just shut up, sit down and check to make sure his teleprompter works so he can make another speech no one listens to.

Freezer

Mar 2, 2014, 1:55:27 AM3/2/14
If I don't reply to this Trijcomm post, the terroists win.

> Putin as well as everyone else knows there is no punch behind
> all his words.

If Hassan Rouhani or Mamnoon Hussain were making those same
rumblings, you'd be screaming to high heaven about the coming
Muslin Uprising.

Putin is a lunatic despot with access to nukes. Yet his saber-
rattling rates a "meh" from you. Sure.

--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://mst3kfreezer.livejournal.com/