Say a prayer for Chris Benoit...

The Dean

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
I guess it's depressing, although we often refer to it as humor, that Hulk
Hogan and Randy Savage are calling the shots in WCW. When one reall takes
two steps back and examines the entire situation it's extremely
disheartening.

It seems as though Eric Bitch-off thinks that the "power" of Hulkamania is
ageless as well as the other old timers in his little company. Think
about the pushes and who's getting them. Paul Orndorff is still getting
pushed as having his "career cut short". What?! He's pushing 60 and
they're claiming that this ended his career early? He could have retired
in 1985 and his career wouldn't have ended early. Flair, god bless him,
although a tremendous person and above average wrestler has been "styling
and profiling" since the Ford administration. His time is done. Hogan
and Savage are inexcusable. They think the world owes them something.
Savage would sell-out to Satan for a push (I don't think he has a
federation though - wait - I think Satan booked for the UWF, what? Oh
that was Herb Abrhams - what's the difference?). Hogan is the most
pampered, spoiled, untalented waste of trunks this sport has ever seen.
He's not worth the steroids that made him in the 80's. Luger - been
there, seen it, done that.

Then there are guys like Pillman, Benoit, Guerrero, Alex Wright, and
Malenko. Pillman is the horsemen's newest jobber. He's like the Haku of
the Heenan family. Too talented - let Flyin' Brian fly somewhere where
he's appreciated. Benoit is pound for pound the best wrestler on the
planet. He jobbed at Starrcade. So did Guerrero and Wright - two guys
that have more talent in their teeth than Hogan ever dreamed of. Malenko
wasn't even at Starrcade. No! Talent on a WCW PPV - HA!!!!

Then there are the guys they lost. Vader - they chose Paul Old-dork over
Leon - makes sense. Steve Austin - the future of wrestling. Diesel - how
many more gimmicks could they give him? Even Dusty's baby flew away -
hey, a pathetic gimmick is better than working for a bitter little wise
mouthed Charles Perez wanna-be.

So tonight, boys and girls - say a prayer for Chris Benoit and the rest of
WCW talented roster that they'll be at the 1997 Royal Rumble.

The Dean

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96

The Dean

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96

VORRO

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
The problem with the WCW booking is that two active wrestlers control the
booking department. Active wrestlers should not be allowed control of the
booking department. Vince runs the only federation that has never allowed
this to happen (however I am not sure of what hogan was allowed to do) or
(even who he was doing, but that is another story).
Sullivan and Hogan promote themselves instead of what appeals to the
fans. Luger,Sting are the two top WCW stars and the Horseman are the top
group of heels, yet the main events deal more with Hogan, Savage, and
the Dungeon of Doom.

nightfly

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
The Dean (DIGU...@USA.Pipeline.com) wrote:

: So tonight, boys and girls - say a prayer for Chris Benoit and the rest of

: WCW talented roster that they'll be at the 1997 Royal Rumble.

Why? So Vinnie can change their name to Snott Snodgrass or Luke Warmwater
and job them to Xanta Klaws or Doink? So they can be saddled with a
gimmick so stupid that they'll never be taken seriously again, like Terry
Taylor, One Man Gang or (wait and see) Dustin Rhodes?

I think Benoit, Pillman, Guerrero, et al are quite happy in the big
leagues, thank you. You WWF fans already have Cactus Jack to ruin; he's
got plenty of credibility for Vinnie to destory, so be happy with that.

Robin Lenhart

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
Ouch! A few years ago but Steve Austin is no longer the future of
wrestling. As good as he may be, he's about 35 years old.

Joe Babinsack, Jr.

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
In article <4crsu3$r...@news1.usa.pipeline.com>, DIGU...@USA.Pipeline.com
says...

>I guess it's depressing, although we often refer to it as humor, that Hulk
>Hogan and Randy Savage are calling the shots in WCW. When one reall takes
>two steps back and examines the entire situation it's extremely
>disheartening.

What I find truly disheartening is that Bischoff and Hogan and Savage--along with
everyone else in WCW, continuously are bombarded by fan reaction to what they are
doing, and fail to recognize that its not working, the fans hate it, and that the fans would
much rather see Flair and the Horsemen on top.

Hogan's presence is destroying Sting and Luger. Hogan's inability to allow himself to
be hurt or pinned has destroyed the credibility of the Dungeon of Doom(which COULD
have been a great angel with an evil Sullivan and decent opponents). The Giant has
ability, talent, and potential...but he's going nowhere here. The Horsemen are falling
prey to the laughingstock status that Flair was handed thelast years--can they survive?

Rhodes and Heenan won't take anyone seriously. McMichaels should be force-fed that
rat. Jimmy Hart could get the crowd into the matches--by being destroyed by Luger.
And the best news about Okerlund was when he was having kidney
trouble...unfortunately he got healthy.

Joe

The Dean

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
My, aren't WCW fans bitter. I don't think that McMahon has ruined as much
potential champions as Hogan. Hogan has smothered more talent than any
other gloryhog this side of Dusty Rhodes.

jorge l fernandez

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
: I think Benoit, Pillman, Guerrero, et al are quite happy in the big
: leagues, thank you. You WWF fans already have Cactus Jack to ruin; he's
: got plenty of credibility for Vinnie to destory, so be happy with that.

yeah, but the way Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, and 3/4 of the wrestlers in WCW
are used is awful. it's like if they build them up and then job them to
remind you who really runs WCW. the WWF could put Benoit and Malenko
under masks and team them and half the best damn tag team ever.

Blade Runner

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
GZX...@prodigy.com (Robin Lenhart) writes:

>Ouch! A few years ago but Steve Austin is no longer the future of
>wrestling. As good as he may be, he's about 35 years old.

He's 30.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

bryancoh...@gmail.com

May 2, 2017, 6:56:06 PM5/2/17
I agree, sadly. I see Austin leaving the WWF soon and taking local bookings in his home state of Texas. Shame that things have turned out the way they have.
Message has been deleted

bryancoh...@gmail.com

May 2, 2017, 7:00:16 PM5/2/17
On Monday, January 8, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, The Dean wrote:
> I guess it's depressing, although we often refer to it as humor, that Hulk
> Hogan and Randy Savage are calling the shots in WCW. When one reall takes
> two steps back and examines the entire situation it's extremely
> disheartening.
>
> So tonight, boys and girls - say a prayer for Chris Benoit and the rest of
> WCW talented roster that they'll be at the 1997 Royal Rumble.

On Monday, January 8, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, The Dean wrote:
> I guess it's depressing, although we often refer to it as humor, that Hulk
> Hogan and Randy Savage are calling the shots in WCW. When one reall takes
> two steps back and examines the entire situation it's extremely
> disheartening.
>
> So tonight, boys and girls - say a prayer for Chris Benoit and the rest of
> WCW talented roster that they'll be at the 1997 Royal Rumble.

---

I will be praying for Mr. Benoit. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a jump to WWF at some point, the man has unlimited potential. Hell of a worker.

jmfabi...@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 8:53:43 PM5/3/17
Next month will be the 10 year anniversary him and his family appeared on Family Celebrity Bucket Kickers!!!! El bumparino!