Lucha TV report 6/21

1 view

Hollywood SHOCKER

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
EMLL-

Black Warrior, Fuerza Guerrera, [Blue Panther] v. [Felino], Antifaz,
Safari- This would be the first match for the tecnico team as an official
team. To commence their alliance, each tecnico wears silver, green, and
purple.

Primera Caida- The Black Warrior and Safari open the match up for their
respective teams, with Black Warrior using a spinwheel kick, but later
being armdragged and flipped over the top rope. Safari then does a double
takedown sending Blue and Fuerza out and does a Niebla fakeout. Felino
then gets Blue Panther with a spinning headscissors sending him onto the
apron. Fuerza charges at the tecnico but ends up head butting his part
off as both guys go out. Black Warrior breifly breaks up the surge of
offense with a dropkick but in attempting a backspring into a Misterio-
style rana he gets dropped with an ?electric chair? suplex in a cool
spot. Blue Panther tries to break up the pin in the corner but catches an
Antifaz missile dropkick while Safari rolls up Fuerza with a huracanrana
with all three tecnicos getting the three count.

Segunda Caida- Safari tries to suprise "El Black" with a rana but gets
dropkicked out of the air, however he gets him back with a pretty
springboard armdrag launching Black onto the ramp. Fuerza enters the
ring, and begs off to Antifaz, and uses a cheap shot. He tries a backdrop
and gets caught with a faceslam. Before Antifaz does anything Blue
Panther hits him with a clothesline and tries a powerbomb, only to get
faceslammed just like Fuerza. At this point the god-like trio of rudos
has enough of the hijinks and decides to take over, with Panther dragging
Antifaz out of the ring and slamming him into the posts. This triggers a
rudo comeback as Fuerza does his trademark low blow to Felino while the
Black Warrior dropkicks Safari in the knee, making him sommersault over.
Black Warrior then finishes him with a wacky headscissor/leglock
submission. Fuerza throws Felino out and does a sommersault plancha off
the apron while Blue Panther makes Antifaz quit to a standing double
armbar facelock submission.

Tercera Caida- The tecnicos are all down and out. Black Warrior makes
sure to be a dick by putting Safari's "injured" knee in the chairs and
kicking away. They clip to the finish with Safari using the segadora on
the Black Warrior, however this time he manages to even top himself by
overshooting the flip and going -over- the ropes and to the floor! Safari
then jumps on him with a good quebrada. In the ring Safari gets a two
count with a rana and then uses a missile dropkick and reverse cradle for
two. Felino then throws the rudo out of the ring so Antifaz can launch
himself over the turnbuckles with an incredible sommersault dive! All
that is left is Fuerza Guerrera and Felino, and they repeat one of the
famous finishes in Lucha Libre, with Fuerza taking off his own mask and
throwing it to Felino. The refs sees Fuerza unmasked and Felino holding
his mask, puts two and two together and gives the rudos the match! [full
point] Very good match, all it needed was Felino finding new ways to kill
Black Warrior with power bombs and of course, a Black Warrior tope from
hell(I bet there was one but it was clipped out).

Skit- A word from Los Nuevos Infernales who challenge anyone in AAA.
Bucanero says he doesn't care who they send, Viper, clown, or wrestler!

[Rayo de Jalisco Jr], Tenieblas Jr and Sr v. Gran Markus, [Universo
2000], and Cien Caras- Before the match even starts, Pierroth waltzes
onto the ramp and shows the tecnicos his suprise- Alushe la Boriqua! He
has Alushe on a leash and the midget walks over to his master Tenieblas,
but Alushe runs away and back to the rudo~! As for the match itself,
well, I didn't tape most of it, as this is a horrible lineup of
wrestlers. All these guys pretty much suck except for Universo. The two
teams traded the first two falls then in the third, after a dive sequence
of all things, Rayo was left with Markus and pinned him with the reverse
tope out of the ropes. [0] Bad match even though they tried, I guess that
kept them from having a Worst MotYC.

Skit- Shocker asks Zumbido if he wants to be a "guapo" to help them fight
guys like Niebla, Emilio Charles, and (making a frankenstein pose) the
"moron" porky. Zumbido says he has the hottness and experience and thus
will become the new Guapo! Guapos get better and better!

[Shocker], Scorpio Jr., Zumbido v. Negro Casas, Emilio Charles, [Super
Porky]-

Primera Caida- Rudos clear the ring for their strut, however the tecnicos
respond by mimmicking the strut! They clip ahead, to where Casas is
taking everyone down with dropkicks and stuff, he knocks Zumbido out onto
the apron, where Scorpio gives him a pep talk and makes a gesture mocking
Porky's fat gut! Zumbidio enters and Porky takes control, fat splashing
everyone, including Shocker. After a Porky Splash and Casita from Negro
44 the tecnicos take the match.

Segunda Caida- A quick response from the rudos, singling out and
destroying all the tecnicos. Emilio gets pinned with a superplex/Shocker
flying elbowdrop and Casas is pinned with a lifted up springboard
dropkick/tornado elbowdrop.

Tercera Caida- The rudos start in control but the tecnicos fight back,
not really going for any pins, and then comes the killer angle:

Out of the back Black Warrior, Fuerza Guerrera, and Halcon Negro(who was
unmasked 2 years ago, good going guys) enter the ring and start beating
on the tecnicos. That would be odd enough for EMLL, except some more
masked wrestlers, this time tecnicos Rayo de Jalisco, Atlantis, and
Felino start going after both the tecnicos and rudos! Something must be
fishy, and it is- as the real Black Warrior, Fuerza Guerrera etc. enter
the ring from the ramp and the imposters remove their masks to reveal....
LOS VIPERS! AAA is invading EMLL! A huge brawl breaks out from here, with
people being slammed and hit on all sides of the ring, even more guys
come out to assist EMLL! Eventually security has to take AAA out with the
fans boing and giving the "off" sign, and later, a bunch of fans get out
of their seats trying to help the cops! It takes a good ten minutes for
them to calm this down, but eventually they are able to get the AAA guys
out of there, however they have made their point. Felino and Rayo are
interviewed and basically say tbat Consejo(the first letter in the CMLL)
is the true and only Lucha Libre and those guys don't belong in Arena
Mexico. Felino gets the fans to start a "Consejo" chant as they take a
break, with all the EMLL guys who helped drive off the Vipers in the
ring. [full point] for the whole thing.

This of course is to set up the big co-promotional card that happened on
father's day in Mexico. This is the first major co-promotional card since
the World Wrestling Peace Festival.

MOMENTOS ESTARLES

?????- As Infernales lace off Felino's mask, Los Vatos Locos of AAA show
up at ringside. Other guys from AAA like Pirata are also seen prowling
around.
Dramatic- Highlights from Mascara Ano 2000 v. Perro Aguayo

Main Event: Villano III v. Pierroth

Primera Caida- I don't have it on tape but Villano III won.

Segunda Caida- Pierroth is bleeding pretty bad. Villano uses a backdrop
and senton for two. He tries a whip into the corner but Pierroth gets his
knee up. Pierroth then uses a foreign object to bust open VIII. He tries
a corner clothesline but it is countered into a sunset flip for two. A
backslide gets two. Villano gets dropkicked and rolls onto the apron, so
Pierroth tries to suplex him in, only to have it countered with a small
package for two. Abdominal Strecth cradle gets another two. Huracanrana
countered into a powerbomb for two by Pierroth. Another powerbomb gets
yet another two count. More two counts follow from a double leg slam, a
clothesline and a DDT. Pierroth then says that's it and uses a third,
wicked Powerbomb for a close two count. He then applies the Gorry
Special, and VIllano gives up, but Pierroth refuses to break the hold and
gets himself DQed. [.75] Not bad. Lots of blood and two counts is a good
thing even though it's kind of weird to see Pierroth doing almost all the
work.

Overall: [2.5 out of 4] A better episode then we have seen lately, with
better matchups and a great angle to boot. Next week should be
interesting as they will either have 3 unedited matches or 3 edited
matches with an undercard tag match. That is of course if next week's
EMLL airs at all.

AAA TV-

Los Spiceboys[?] v. Los Vatos Locos[Manson]- Los Spiceboys do this fruity
dance in super hero costumes before finally entering the ring. I guess we
should be thankful they don't have them wearing that disgusting
"homoslut" attire anymore. Alfredo E. tells me they replaced one of the
Spice Boys with Bull Rogers, another AAA undercarder, who can work.

Primera Caida- The match starts with some mild brawling around ringside
and in the ring. Vatos have full control of the encounter until the one
in blue shorts counters a backdrop with a faceslam. This triggers a
quadruple Lucha spot as Spice Boys all get sunset flips for two. They
then do the Headbanger powerbomb-my-partner-on-the-opponent spot to
Charly and Espritu and make them submit to a standing figure four and
necklock respectivley.

Segunda Caida- Jimmy Boy starst the fall with Charly Manson, taking him
over with various armdrags and a quebradora. Next Espiritu faces Bull
Rogers Boy or whatever and gets armdragged around, things are going
smooth but the first blown spot occurs as the Spice Boy tries an Ultimo
Dragon corner headstand into headscissors move but messes it up. he takes
Espiritu down with a quebradora, and then tries to fake a low blow but
the refs dont really buy it. Next Picudo and the Spice Boy and then Nygma
and Randy Boy trade armdrags and stuff. LVL have been humiliated enough
so they try to take over by outbrawling the tecnicos again, but while
they try and set up some team spots on two of the tecnicos, the other two
enter the ring and dropkick them out, so that the Spice Boys can do
stereo tope con hilos on both sides of the ring! The Spice Boy in red
shorts gets back in the ring, and then Maniaco enters for whatever
reason, hits Tirantes with a chair, gives a low blow to the tecnico in
the ring and his selling is enough to convince the refs that a foul
occured so the tecnicos get the match. [.75] The match had a good flow
going there but that ending was embarrasingly Russo-like so I'm deducting
some points.

La Parka Jr, Octagon, [Hector Garza] v. [Abismo Negro], Pentagon, and
Electro Shock-

Primera Caida- The rudos attack before the bell, and dominate the fall.
Abismo Negro used an in-ring quebrada which I didn't think he could do.
Pentagon pins Octagon with frankenstein off the top, while Abismo pins
Parka with a springboard frog splash, and then his signature top rope
frog splash.

Segunda Caida- As the fall begins Elektro Shock and Abismo continue their
beating of Parka Jr, while Pentagon is mostly attacking Octagon. The tide
turns as Pentagon's buddies accidently clothesline him over the top rope.
The rudos huddle outside trying to regroup so Parka Jr slides under the
ropes and into the middle of their talk! They go back in the ring and
Electro faces Parka, who gives him several quebradoras and holds him in a
backbreaker submission as Garza jumps onto Abismo with a plancha. Garza
gives Abismo the segadora and then pins him with a moonsault bodyblock
while Octagon makes Pentagon submit to his Octaclutch to win the fall.

Tercera Caida- Pentagon begins the match with Octagon who schools him
with fast armdrags and a backbreaker. Next Abismo slaps Garza around but
then Garza knocks him out of his boots with a big roundhose, then gives
him a monkey flip almost launching him into the ropes. Garza then does a
flying clothesline and a tilt a whirl slam but only gets two. Parka and
then Electro Shock then get into it, with Parka flipping out of a throw
and dancing, Electro does the same and tries to dance but Parka makes fun
of him and slaps him around! He then does a spinwheel kick and tries to
dive and Abismo tries to suprise him, but Parka notices and they have a
mutual handshake before Abismo goes after him. Parka then does the
funniest thing, purposely dropping Abismo out of a quebradora, then as
Abismo gets up and looks at him like "WTF?", he starts dancing and
cockily shoves him out of the way. Abismo whips him into the corner and
goes for a corner spear but Parka moves and the rudos slams into the post
with a nice thwack! Octagon takes out Pentagon with a tope, so it's down
to the tag champs Abismo and Electro and Garza and Parka their potential
challengers. The tecnicos do double backdrops over the ropes and then do
stereo tope suicidas! The rudos come in with stereo sunset flips,
counterd with stereo roll throughs for two. Stereo power slams get a near
fall for the good guys. Both tecnicos then execute Misterio style ranas
at once and get the three counts! [full point] Great match, built really
well with everyone doing what they do best and a little more. After the
match a tag team title match is signed.

Main Event: Sangre Chicana v. Cibernetico [cage match]- The basic AAA
cage match, lots of punching and kicking and choking and stuff. Since
this is a cage match there is of course inteference and chairs involved,
with Vipers and Vatos Locos contributing to the fray. Eventually when
there are a dozen guys in the cage, Abismo Negro uses his blowtorch into
Picudo's torch, and the Vipers hold off the other three Vatos so that
Ciber can escape the cage. A lot of weapons and shit are used in the
aftermatch brawl, even a ladder gets involved, when "Los Porros" hop the
ramp and attack the Vipers. Porros are mobsters, like street thugs, and
are the former Los Cholos who did a sort of similar gimmick except these
guys don't have masks. [0] Bad segment. The match was awful like usual
and the only possible good thing about all this mess is it might lead to
more Vipers/Vatos matches.

Overall: [1.75 for 3] The first two matches were good and great but then
the last match was a big step down. I guess next week we'll see the Tag
Title match.
--
Hollywood Shocker, the Italian Love Machine
Email: ultimo_...@mindspring.com

Diamond David Chance

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
Hollywood SHOCKER wrote:
> EMLL-
> Black Warrior, Fuerza Guerrera, [Blue Panther] v. [Felino], Antifaz,
> Safari-

> Fuerza Guerrera and Felino, and they repeat one of the

> famous finishes in Lucha Libre, with Fuerza taking off his own mask and
> throwing it to Felino. The refs sees Fuerza unmasked and Felino holding
> his mask, puts two and two together and gives the rudos the match! [full
> point] Very good match, all it needed was Felino finding new ways to kill
> Black Warrior with power bombs and of course, a Black Warrior tope from
> hell(I bet there was one but it was clipped out).

> Skit- A word from Los Nuevos Infernales who challenge anyone in AAA.
> Bucanero says he doesn't care who they send, Viper, clown, or wrestler!

Damn! EMLL got back on the kick-ass track... and I'm late in getting
home to watch it...

> [Rayo de Jalisco Jr], Tenieblas Jr and Sr v. Gran Markus, [Universo
> 2000], and Cien Caras-

> [0] Bad match even though they tried, I guess that

> kept them from having a Worst MotYC.

But, then, some things DO balance out... ;)

> Skit- Shocker asks Zumbido if he wants to be a "guapo" to help them fight
> guys like Niebla, Emilio Charles, and (making a frankenstein pose) the
> "moron" porky. Zumbido says he has the hottness and experience and thus
> will become the new Guapo! Guapos get better and better!

EMLL is factioning out everyone, it seems. Good addition, Zumbido
is a nice fit in with Scorpio and Shocker, esp if he's basically replacing
Bestia Salvaje... moves that trios team up several notches.

> [Shocker], Scorpio Jr., Zumbido v. Negro Casas, Emilio Charles, [Super
> Porky]-

> Tercera Caida- The rudos start in control but the tecnicos fight back,

> not really going for any pins, and then comes the killer angle:

Sounds like another killer match in progress... why couldn't they have
done the run-ins during the Jalisco/Tinieblas match instead? :(

> Out of the back Black Warrior, Fuerza Guerrera, and Halcon Negro(who was
> unmasked 2 years ago, good going guys) enter the ring and start beating
> on the tecnicos. That would be odd enough for EMLL, except some more
> masked wrestlers, this time tecnicos Rayo de Jalisco, Atlantis, and
> Felino start going after both the tecnicos and rudos! Something must be
> fishy, and it is- as the real Black Warrior, Fuerza Guerrera etc. enter
> the ring from the ramp and the imposters remove their masks to reveal....
> LOS VIPERS! AAA is invading EMLL! A huge brawl breaks out from here, with
> people being slammed and hit on all sides of the ring, even more guys
> come out to assist EMLL! Eventually security has to take AAA out with the
> fans boing and giving the "off" sign, and later, a bunch of fans get out
> of their seats trying to help the cops! It takes a good ten minutes for
> them to calm this down, but eventually they are able to get the AAA guys
> out of there, however they have made their point. Felino and Rayo are
> interviewed and basically say tbat Consejo(the first letter in the CMLL)
> is the true and only Lucha Libre and those guys don't belong in Arena
> Mexico. Felino gets the fans to start a "Consejo" chant as they take a
> break, with all the EMLL guys who helped drive off the Vipers in the
> ring. [full point] for the whole thing.

I got in just as the cops (and helpful ringside fans) were assisting in
removing the AAA guys... wild looking scene. The LACK of good
production values helped here, as the whole thing looked gritty and
unpolished, which added to the sense of confusion and mayhem.
Outside, a couple of police cars were present, with their lights and
sirens briefly sounding. Total chaos.

> Main Event: Villano III v. Pierroth

> Primera Caida- I don't have it on tape but Villano III won.

Pierroth attacks V3 at the top of the ramp. Basic Pierroth punch
and kick brawling, with V3 doing a slow comeback. V3 with some
basic stuff, elbow drop, then the standing senton for the pin. Nothing
spectacular; but solid old guy workmanship, with both of them giving
a good dramatic effort.

> Segunda Caida- Pierroth then says that's it and uses a third,

> wicked Powerbomb for a close two count. He then applies the Gorry
> Special, and VIllano gives up, but Pierroth refuses to break the hold and
> gets himself DQed. [.75] Not bad. Lots of blood and two counts is a good
> thing even though it's kind of weird to see Pierroth doing almost all the
> work.

V3 did most of the work in the first fall. I think Pierroth did most all
of the work in the second to make himself look the stronger of the two
coming out of the match as a tradeoff for having to drop two straight
caidas. Plus, a cheap shot or two after the match helped add to the
dick rudo factor... this was a good building block in their feud, there
was enough there to make the fans look forward to future encounters
between the two.

> Overall: [2.5 out of 4] A better episode then we have seen lately, with
> better matchups and a great angle to boot. Next week should be
> interesting as they will either have 3 unedited matches or 3 edited
> matches with an undercard tag match. That is of course if next week's
> EMLL airs at all.

I missed the first hour, but it sounds like they finally uncorked a great
show after three weeks of bad to mediocre stuff. The only thing to
drag the program down was Jalisco and that whole Alushe crap, it
seems. Oh, well, that's sports entertainment for you...

This may be the week they move to Saturday... keep a close eye on
the television schedules...

> AAA TV-

> Los Spiceboys[?] v. Los Vatos Locos[Manson]- Los Spiceboys do this fruity
> dance in super hero costumes before finally entering the ring. I guess we
> should be thankful they don't have them wearing that disgusting
> "homoslut" attire anymore. Alfredo E. tells me they replaced one of the
> Spice Boys with Bull Rogers, another AAA undercarder, who can work.

GAG! Bring back the neon-green! I may never see Superman in the
same light again...

> The Spice Boy in red
> shorts gets back in the ring, and then Maniaco enters for whatever
> reason, hits Tirantes with a chair, gives a low blow to the tecnico in
> the ring and his selling is enough to convince the refs that a foul

Maniaco throws the chair to the tecnico ref, so that when Tirantes
finally regains his senses and turns around, he sees the other referee
standing there with the chair in his hands. And then the ref raises the
Spice Boy's hand in victory... kind of a screwy finish to the match.

> occured so the tecnicos get the match. [.75] The match had a good flow
> going there but that ending was embarrasingly Russo-like so I'm deducting
> some points.

The only thing I could figure is that they're building another Tirantes vs
the tecnico ref angle/eventual match again... or doing something where
Tirantes will favor Los Vipers and override the other referee in a future
match involving them and Vatos Locos. The end came off smoothly,
but it left me wondering what the heck was going on... and why have
Los Vatos Locos drop the match in two straight falls?

> La Parka Jr, Octagon, [Hector Garza] v. [Abismo Negro], Pentagon, and
> Electro Shock-

>[full point] Great match, built really

> well with everyone doing what they do best and a little more. After the
> match a tag team title match is signed.

Good to see Pentagon bring his "A" game to the match... and amazing
how much LLL improves once Cibernetico's lazy ass is out of the
picture. I thought this one approached 4* levels of goodness. About
as good as you'll ever see from these six guys. And La Parka totally
ruled the roost, especially in that third fall. Hilarious material from
him,
and the LLL guys played it so well...

> Main Event: Sangre Chicana v. Cibernetico [cage match]-

> A lot of weapons and shit are used in the
> aftermatch brawl, even a ladder gets involved, when "Los Porros" hop the
> ramp and attack the Vipers. Porros are mobsters, like street thugs,

With those caps, they're more like Ed, Edd, Eddy, and Eddie... 0_0

>[0] Bad segment. The match was awful like usual
> and the only possible good thing about all this mess is it might lead to
> more Vipers/Vatos matches.

Another wild scene, as fans were throwing METAL CHAIRS at the
luchadores at ringside, with security and Pena present in the brawling
mob as well... still doesn't overcome the crappy cage match, though.

*grumble,grumble*ECW garbage crap*grumble*

> Overall: [1.75 for 3] The first two matches were good and great but then
> the last match was a big step down. I guess next week we'll see the Tag
> Title match.

Out of three hours, there was more than two hours of good to unbelievably
great lucha action... Jalisco and this Porros team are total suckdom, but
no complaints on the overall amount of wrestling... let's see if both can
maintain that momentum going into their next shows.

Good Gawd!
DDC

Bob Barnett

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
Hollywood SHOCKER wrote:

> EMLL-

> Skit- Shocker asks Zumbido if he wants to be a "guapo" to help them fight
> guys like Niebla, Emilio Charles, and (making a frankenstein pose) the
> "moron" porky. Zumbido says he has the hottness and experience and thus
> will become the new Guapo! Guapos get better and better!
>
> [Shocker], Scorpio Jr., Zumbido v. Negro Casas, Emilio Charles, [Super
> Porky]-
>
> Primera Caida- Rudos clear the ring for their strut, however the tecnicos
> respond by mimmicking the strut! They clip ahead, to where Casas is
> taking everyone down with dropkicks and stuff, he knocks Zumbido out onto
> the apron, where Scorpio gives him a pep talk and makes a gesture mocking
> Porky's fat gut! Zumbidio enters and Porky takes control, fat splashing
> everyone, including Shocker. After a Porky Splash and Casita from Negro
> 44 the tecnicos take the match.

This wasn't just a strut. It was the first time I'v ever seen the Fargo
strut in Mexico-and they did it right. The Guapos are now heel Fabs-right
down to Shocker's outfit.

robvi...@my-deja.com

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00

> This wasn't just a strut. It was the first time I'v ever seen the
>Fargo strut in Mexico-and they did it right. The Guapos are now heel
>Fabs-right down to Shocker's outfit.

Shocker is awesome. The Flair of Mexico. He needs to be right beside
Pierroth at the top of the card, what a duo.

Rob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Hollywood SHOCKER

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
Diamond David Chance said...

> Hollywood SHOCKER wrote:
> > EMLL-
> > Black Warrior, Fuerza Guerrera, [Blue Panther] v. [Felino], Antifaz,
> > Safari-
>
> > Fuerza Guerrera and Felino, and they repeat one of the
> > famous finishes in Lucha Libre, with Fuerza taking off his own mask and
> > throwing it to Felino. The refs sees Fuerza unmasked and Felino holding
> > his mask, puts two and two together and gives the rudos the match! [full
> > point] Very good match, all it needed was Felino finding new ways to kill
> > Black Warrior with power bombs and of course, a Black Warrior tope from
> > hell(I bet there was one but it was clipped out).
>
> > Skit- A word from Los Nuevos Infernales who challenge anyone in AAA.
> > Bucanero says he doesn't care who they send, Viper, clown, or wrestler!
>
> Damn! EMLL got back on the kick-ass track... and I'm late in getting
> home to watch it...

Wait till you see the card in two weeks from CMLL.com. Someone must have
tapped Alonso's shoulder and woke him up because they brought in the
other two Villanos, and have vacated the tag straps and are having a 16
team tournament for them. So far the best team: DR WAGNER JR and SHOCKER.
Actually another team is equally as awesome: Fuerza and the Black
Warrior!

> > Skit- Shocker asks Zumbido if he wants to be a "guapo" to help them fight
> > guys like Niebla, Emilio Charles, and (making a frankenstein pose) the
> > "moron" porky. Zumbido says he has the hottness and experience and thus
> > will become the new Guapo! Guapos get better and better!
>
> EMLL is factioning out everyone, it seems. Good addition, Zumbido
> is a nice fit in with Scorpio and Shocker, esp if he's basically replacing
> Bestia Salvaje... moves that trios team up several notches.

I don't think he's replacing Bestia, he's just there to aid in some trios
matchups. When the Guapos fight Felino's team, for example, Antifaz now
has Zumbido to fight who is his arch rival(That title match must have
kicked ass). If you remember in early 1999 Zumbido was trying to form a
trio with Bestia and Scorpio(They smashed Roberto Rangel's car with a
baseball bat) and they even made it to the finals of the Trios Title
tourney.

> > [Shocker], Scorpio Jr., Zumbido v. Negro Casas, Emilio Charles, [Super
> > Porky]-
>
> > Tercera Caida- The rudos start in control but the tecnicos fight back,
> > not really going for any pins, and then comes the killer angle:
>
> Sounds like another killer match in progress... why couldn't they have
> done the run-ins during the Jalisco/Tinieblas match instead? :(

Nah the third fall wasn't that good

> > Segunda Caida- Pierroth then says that's it and uses a third,
> > wicked Powerbomb for a close two count. He then applies the Gorry
> > Special, and VIllano gives up, but Pierroth refuses to break the hold and
> > gets himself DQed. [.75] Not bad. Lots of blood and two counts is a good
> > thing even though it's kind of weird to see Pierroth doing almost all the
> > work.
>
> V3 did most of the work in the first fall. I think Pierroth did most all
> of the work in the second to make himself look the stronger of the two
> coming out of the match as a tradeoff for having to drop two straight
> caidas. Plus, a cheap shot or two after the match helped add to the
> dick rudo factor... this was a good building block in their feud, there
> was enough there to make the fans look forward to future encounters
> between the two.

A hair match between the two would be interesting... but I'd rather save
Pierroth's scalp on-air for whenever Hijo del Santo comes back. That
would be a classic.

> > Overall: [2.5 out of 4] A better episode then we have seen lately, with
> > better matchups and a great angle to boot. Next week should be
> > interesting as they will either have 3 unedited matches or 3 edited
> > matches with an undercard tag match. That is of course if next week's
> > EMLL airs at all.
>
> I missed the first hour, but it sounds like they finally uncorked a great
> show after three weeks of bad to mediocre stuff. The only thing to
> drag the program down was Jalisco and that whole Alushe crap, it
> seems. Oh, well, that's sports entertainment for you...

Alushe la Boriqua ruled! I hope they air another party skit like they did
for when Pierroth ate Pepe Pepe and we get to see Alushe boogy to
Pierroth's "Suavemente" song.

> > Main Event: Sangre Chicana v. Cibernetico [cage match]-
> > A lot of weapons and shit are used in the
> > aftermatch brawl, even a ladder gets involved, when "Los Porros" hop the
> > ramp and attack the Vipers. Porros are mobsters, like street thugs,
>
> With those caps, they're more like Ed, Edd, Eddy, and Eddie... 0_0

On the highspots board I said that they were supposed to be "Los Hijos
del Enemigo Publico" (Public Enemy's sons) but came off more like "Los
Hijos del Hermanos Rotten (Sons of the Rotten brothers) ;)

> >[0] Bad segment. The match was awful like usual
> > and the only possible good thing about all this mess is it might lead to
> > more Vipers/Vatos matches.
>
> Another wild scene, as fans were throwing METAL CHAIRS at the
> luchadores at ringside, with security and Pena present in the brawling
> mob as well... still doesn't overcome the crappy cage match, though.
>
> *grumble,grumble*ECW garbage crap*grumble*

It's actually overdue for AAA Psicosis to jump off a high place through a
table. I bet he'll put a Porro through one