Lucha TV Report June 6th

Hollywood SHOCKER

Jun 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/10/00
EMLL TV-

Ultimo Guerrero, Cien Caras, [Universo 2000] v. [Rayo de Jalisco], Mr.
Niebla, Lizmark-

Primera Caida- The rudos waste no time in attacking the tecnicos,
singling out a guy and going after him, then repeating it to the next
tecnico. They start using clotheslines into the corner, but Rayo breaks
the trend by moving, he dropkicks Universo out and uses a tope. Niebla
pins Cien with a assisted dropkick and Lizmark gets Guerrero with an
exploder suplex, which the announcers marked out for.

Segunda Caida- As we join the fall Rayo is attacking Universo, even
ripping his mask open. Universo is able to fight his way out of a sleeper
and then a trade of open hand chops occurs, with Rayo getting the best of
it. Next Niebla enters to fight Guerrero. Niebla tries his cartwheel
headbutt, but the rudo moves, leaving Niebla perendicular to the ropes,
where he is ready to launch his running assailant out in a perfect 90
degree jerry bump. He then dives onto him with a great Moonsault.
Lizmark enters and gets roughed up by Cien, but manages to hook a small
package near the corner. Now Universo was supposed to have been plancha'd
by Rayo here over the hold, in a common lucha spot, but Rayo must have
had one too many chili dogs today as he COMPLETELY misses, landing right
on the guys in the small package. Universo starts a sequence of near
falls, ending when Rayo turns a spine buster into a small package for the
win. After the match Rayo challenges U2000 to a title match, U2000 gives
him the shot and says he will prove he is the King of the lakes of
Jalisco(Where both guys are from). [.50] The dives were nice and there
was a good flow going, but Rayo's blown spot was embarrasing and there
weren't many moves except from Guerrero, Lizmark, and Niebla.

Skit- Felino makes the alliance with Safari and Antifaz official. Now he
has to pick a name for the team.

Los Guapos[SHOCKER] v. [Negro Casas], Tarzan Boy, Emilio Charles-

Primera Caida- The rudos destroy the tecnicos with little trouble. They
pin Tarza Boy after a double press-spinebuster, double powerbomb, and
flying sommersault senton from Bestia Savalje, then Casas is pinned
following a superplex and Shocker flying elbowdrop.

Segunda Caida- The beatdown continues, however is interrupted as Shocker
is crotched on the top rope by Tarzan Boy(Which should have been a DQ).
The announcers say Emilio Charles Jr.'s father created the rana. Really?
Anyway, Scorpio gets triple teamed and pinned, and Bestia is pinned with
a Tarzan missile dropkick/double double leg slam.

Tercera Caida- Clipped right to the finish. Tarzan does his corkscrew
plancha to Scorpio, Emilio with the theesz press off the apron, Shocker
gets the knee dropkick and Casita from Casas, thank you goodnight. [.75]
I thought the first fall beatdown was a nice exhibit of double team
moves, but the following falls were clipped way too short.

[Mascara Ano 2000], Satanico, Apollo Dantes v. [Perro Aguayo], Atlantis,
Olimpico-

Primera Caida- A quick squash as Olimpico and Atlantis submit to a nudo
from Satanico and a double armbar from Apollo respectivley.

Segunda Caida- The tecnicos fight back just as fast, as Olimpico pins
Apollo with a abdominal stretch type move, and Atlantis makes Satanico
give up to the Atlantida.

Tercera Caida- Perro quickly dives onto MA2k with an oldguy tope suicida.
They do some chop trading, the ref goes down as Atlantis hits him
swinging Satanico up into the Atlantida, this allows MA2k to low blow and
pin Perro. After the match MA2k and Perro set a one on one fight for next
week. [0] Bad match. These guys could have done better. It seems like all
they wanted to do was brawl though. Apollo should be ashamed the most as
he was outworked by Perro of all people.

MOMENTOS ESTARLES-

Triumph- Dragoncito and Cicloncito do a running corner sommersault
plancha and tope repesctivley, as Tzuki gets a cool flying frankensteiner
to win the match over Espectrito.

Tope- Tigre Blanco does a pretty good one to Valtine Mayo.

The Hold- Ringo mendoza makes Mr mexico submit to a ringuina.

Festive- Safari does a flying dropkick and splash to pin Halcon Negro.

Spectacular- Tarzan Boy does a corner springboard plancha.

The Challenge- Ricky Marvin challenges Fiero to a hair v. hair match. I
hope they show it!

Main Event: [Villano III], Tenieblas Sr and Jr v. [Pierroth], Gran
Markus, Blue
Panther- Before the match, Tinieblas has Pierroth look at the video he
produced where the Campeones de Justicia warn they will recover Alushe.
What, there was a chance they would have *let* Pierroth dine on the mini
space ape?

Primera Caida- As in the previous three fights, the rudos go on the
offensive before the bell. Panther does a tope to Villano, in the sole
highlight of the fall. The Boriquas bring out Alushe's cage, and he
escapes for a little while, then Violencia gets him back and they taunt
Tinieblas before running off to put him in the giant soup pot. I think
the rudos got DQed to lose.

Segunda Caida- Tinieblas Sr gets stretchered out leaving his son and
VIllano to a 3 on 2 disadvantage. They are able to fight back, Tinieblas
Jr even does a tope, but Pierroth low blows Villano before he can finish
him off, ending the match in two straight DQs. [0] Really bad match. No
wrestling at all in it.

[1 1/4 for 4] Too many fat and old guys! They are all over the place on
EMLL cards and it is dragging the show quality down bad.

AAA TV-

Skit- Torero forms an alliance with Oscar Sevilla, to be his guidance.

Espiritu, Picudo, [Charly Manson] v. Torero, Oscar Sevilla, [Mexicano]-

Primera Caida- Mexicano and Manson open the match up by taking it to the
mat, trading holds with Mexicano getting the advantage with a figure
four. Next Espiritu and Sevilla have an exchange, but the match breaks
down into a brawl, with Vatos coming out with control, putting Sevilla
into la cartera and then pinning Mexicano with the triple dropkicks to
the head.

Segunda Caida- Mexicano begins the fall working great triple team spots
with the Vatos, where he makes them trip each other and throw each other
over the ropes. All three rudos run at him in single file in the corner,
but he gets his foot up, so they fall like dominos. Sevilla and Torero
uses dual sommersault headbutts on the fallen Vatos to take the fall.

Tercera Caida- Clipped right to the finish. Torero and Espirirtu do topes
to Picudo and Mexicano, while Sevilla does a plancha over the guardrail
to hit Manson, who hopped it trying to avoid a tope! Mexicano and Picudo
get thrown back in and pinned, with Manson being counted out, giving
tecnicos the win! [full point] Good match.

[Hijo del Perro Aguayo], Hector Garza, Heavy Metal v. Pirata Morgan,
[Texano], Sangre Chicana-

Primera Caida- A quick victory for los rudos, as they beat Perro and
Metal with no trouble. Perrito bladed.

Segunda Caida- The good guys turn the fight around, with Metal using a
pescado and Perrito using chair shots on Texano. Texano throws powder in
Heavy's eyes and gets the pin out of nowhere. [0] Bad match but it sets
up the Perro/Texano hair match and at least the scewjob didnt involve a
low blow this time.

Main Event: Parka Jr., [Canek], and Mascara Segrada v. Abismo Negro,
Elektro Shock, and [Cibernetico]- Cibernetico is pretty funny, takinbg
and wearing Pena's glasses he stole down the aisle.

Primera Caida- All rudos, as they pin Parka and Canek after a bunch of
triple teaming.

Segunda Caida- A quick comeback for the faces, as Parka uses a reverse
cradle on Electro Shock, and Mascara Segrada beats Abismo with a ankle
lock type submission.

Tercera Caida- Parka and Abismo and then Cibernetico and Mascara Segrada
have an exchange to open up the fall. Canek gets in with Abismo, and it
looks like he is going to piledrive him, but then he uses a gutwrench
suplex. The rudo team tries to gang up on him but he fights them all off,
and tags out to Segrada. Segrada makes Abismo slide out to the floor, but
Ciber breaks up his dive, bringing in Canek, who gets a two count with a
plancha. Parka tags in and sets Elektro Shock up for a frankenstiener off
the top, but Abismo uses the blowtorch and Elektro counters with a
powerbomb. Abismo then beats the hell out of him, putting him in the
tree of woe, then kicking, burning and hitting him. They tape Parka's
legs to the top, and then Scorpion Negro and Ricky Banderas enter the
ring and break everything up. The hell if I know why. The ref doesnt DQ
anyone while this is going on, until the rudos put the boots to Canek,
where the heel ref awards them the match. .....Ok... [0] Not a good
match, and the inteference stuff didn't make any sense, not at least in
the context of the TV.

Overall: [1 for 3] Other than the undercard match, this show wasn't
terribly exciting.
--
Hollywood Shocker - ultimo_...@mindspring.com
http://home.mindspring.com/~ultimo_guerrero/(Updated 6/1/99!!)

Hollywood SHOCKER

Jun 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/14/00
Diamond David Chance said...

> > > Rayo blew the finish
> > > big-time, but at least he appeared to be the only one out there who
> > > seemed in any way interested in the match. Kinda sad when Jalisco
> > > is your major source of workrate...
>
> > True, but Rayo has a reason to care, since he is fighting for the world
> > title and probably later in the year will be taking Universo's mask so
> > him being a lazy load won't be tolerated.
>
> U2M's the only Dinamita who can actually put on a decent match.
> It'd be a shame to see him lose the mask...

It's not like he will retire afterwards though. His brothers get worse
and make a more cemented position with EMLL each year. Universo still has
a few hundred decades left under his belt, IMO.

> > I think Niebla has been so
> > unspectacular lately has to do with the fact that he got over nicely with
> > the crowd, taking Shocker and Mr. Niebla IWRG's masks, and EMLL can't
> > even bother to think up a new feud for him.
>
> Niebla's good, but it makes you wonder how much of Niebla's
> advancement is HIS doing... and how much is Shocker's. As a
> team and as opponents they rocked. Shocker has gone on to
> Los Guapos and is still tearing it up, while Niebla... eh... he needs
> a regular partner or serious feud badly.

They've got a good tecnico trio ready for him. From the Champion of
Justice stable Niebla can tag with former tag partners Atlantis and
Lizmark.

> he

> > > Enough with the Felino skits! They aren't dramatic or funny. But the
> > > new team should debut this Tuesday...
>
> > No, the following week- they face Black Warrior/Blue Panther/Fuerza
> > Guerrera. Felino's team should go after the trios belts, though Im not
> > sure if they should win them. Maybe they can trade reigns over the rest
> > of the year.
>
> EMLL has some damn fine trios teams right now. The current
> champs, Los Infernales, Los Guapos, Boricuas, Dinamitas...
> Felino is coming into the division at the right time, they definitely
> need a branded tecnicos team in the mix. The rudos, in general,
> are pretty well organized throughout the fed. The tecnicos are
> just thrown together out there without much forethought.

This is probably because EMLL's rudo talent that appears on TV and is
pushed is much greater than it's tecnico talent. EMLL has tons of
good/great midcard tecnicos they never use. Tigre Blanco, Mr Hoy, Ricky
Marvin, Pantera etc.

> Shocker
> [.75]

> > > We're getting the "WWF style" version of the matches...
>
> > But where was the 20 minute Negro Casas diatribe?
>
> You really want Paco out there with the mic? Or Hijo del Duggan
> doing crotch chops in the background? 0_0

I'd like to see Stone Cold Super Porky. A fat guy waltzing around
ringside like "Culo culo culo culo 3:16 y esa la linea fonda!" drinking
beer and giving the finger.

> > > VinnyRu's not content with destroying US wrestling... now he's booking
> > > lucha, as well? Can we say the word "clusterffffinish" here?
>
> > AAA has been wierd too. The angles have been all over the place.
>
> Pena's situation looks a little like Bischoff's, doesn't it?

I think in the case of AAA the TV is less linear than EMLL, we usually
don't know which card will play when. What I will say for Pena is that he
always delivers good stuff at the big cards. Reyes de Reyes so far was a
great show from top to bottom, now Triplemania will be in Japan with a
minimum of geezers and they are also using Michinoku, Toryumon and
women's talent, plus Lyger. Should be a great series of shows. Hope we
get to see them all.

Diamond David Chance

Jun 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/14/00

Hollywood SHOCKER wrote:
Mr.

> > U2M's the only Dinamita who can actually put on a decent match.

> > It'd be a shame to see him lose the mask...

> It's not like he will retire afterwards though. His brothers get worse
> and make a more cemented position with EMLL each year.
> Universo still has a few hundred decades left under his belt, IMO.

At the rate they're going, we'll see the "Jr" versions of them be aptly
referred to as Ano and Universo TRES Mil...

> > EMLL has some damn fine trios teams right now. The current
> > champs, Los Infernales, Los Guapos, Boricuas, Dinamitas...
> > Felino is coming into the division at the right time, they definitely
> > need a branded tecnicos team in the mix. The rudos, in general,
> > are pretty well organized throughout the fed. The tecnicos are
> > just thrown together out there without much forethought.

> This is probably because EMLL's rudo talent that appears on TV and is
> pushed is much greater than it's tecnico talent. EMLL has tons of
> good/great midcard tecnicos they never use. Tigre Blanco, Mr Hoy, Ricky
> Marvin, Pantera etc.

A lot of their tecnico talent lately has been of the "old man" group.
Jalisco, Porky, Charles, Perro, V3, Casas... and I'm not sure Tarzan
Boy should be referred to as a tecnico. Some of these guys tag fairly
regularly; but when the rudos are mixing new blood in with old and
making some solid teams with them, it's time for someone to do the
same with the tecnicos as well.

> I'd like to see Stone Cold Super Porky. A fat guy waltzing around
> ringside like "Culo culo culo culo 3:16 y esa la linea fonda!" drinking
> beer and giving the finger.

Oh, I've seen him do some animated stuff on TV... surprised as heck
that it passed the censors. Funniest was when he was dead drunk in
the ring no-selling a rudo. Olimpico went in the ring and confronted
him... and Porky gave him the big "right hand and tissue exxxercise"
motion. Basically told him to f**k off right there in the ring! Olimpico
threw up his hands and went back outside the ring.

> > Pena's situation looks a little like Bischoff's, doesn't it?

> I think in the case of AAA the TV is less linear than EMLL, we usually
> don't know which card will play when. What I will say for Pena is that he
> always delivers good stuff at the big cards. Reyes de Reyes so far was a
> great show from top to bottom, now Triplemania will be in Japan with a
> minimum of geezers and they are also using Michinoku, Toryumon and
> women's talent, plus Lyger. Should be a great series of shows. Hope we
> get to see them all.

I guess, with his roster not being overly deep, that when he protects his
big card matches he's really not left with much. Plus, there is a lot of
unevenness about AAA. The only consistent workers right now are
Sevilla and Vatos Locos. The rest can pull off anywhere from DUDs
to near **** at any time, but who knows where and when? Some
shows everyone just clicks; other times, those same guys just fall
apart out there.

Good Gawd!
DDC