(OT - NCAA) And Buffalo fucks it up again:

Lord Gow, rogue bull of the 333!

Mar 20, 2004, 12:15:48 AM3/20/04
O.k., you're hosting the NCAA playoffs. The NCAA, for whatever fucked up
reason doesn't allow food sales in the hosting venue (dumb asses). So in the
two hour intermission between the night's two games you have 20,000 people
hitting the streets looking for food.
Now, believe or not, there are a few restaurants still open in downtown
Buffalo. Their total seating capacity is about 3,000. So now we have 17,000
people looking for food.
There are several more restaurants within a reasonable walk, IF you know
where they are. Several hotels provided maps, IF you thought to pick one up.
So we'll be generous and say that between locals, those who knew locals, and
those who picked up maps, we got rid of, maybe, another 7,000.
THAT STILL LEAVES 10,000 LOST, STARVING SOULS WANDERING THE DESOLATE, BORDED
UP STREETS OF BUFFALO DESPERATELY TRYING TO FIND FOOD, ANY FOOD, IN THE
LIMITED TIME THEY HAVE!!!! WAY TO GO, ASSWIPES!

Now, this would be bad enough, BUT they fucked up the same damn thing last
year when they hosted the Frozen Four college hockey playoffs, AND also four
years ago when they last hosted the Final Four...
How the fuck do these people keep their jobs?!?!?

Callers to radio talk shows suggested:
Having local restaurants run concession booths in the Aud. Older Sabres fans
remember the Aud, the Memorial Auditorium? It's still there, right across
the street, just rotting into the ground...
Two blocks away is Dunn Tire Park, home of the AAA baseball Bisons. They
have concession stands already in place and capable of feeding several
thousand... open the damn thing up!
But my favorite caller observed rather than suggested:
You're walking around, looking for food. You think back to when you got off
the plane. What did you see? Nothing but fat people! There must be food
around here someplace!

LG (just hoping where you live now looks better)
--
Quarterfinalist - 2003 Aero-Saxist KORSPW
Runner up - 2003 Most Improved Poster

All hail Queen Molly, still women's champ in my heart!
blah, blah, blah, or something like that...

Vince gave me B.O.K.A.W.!

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken
seriously." - H. H. Humphrey (the real Triple H)

http://members.hostedscripts.com/antispam.html

CptainDan

Mar 20, 2004, 12:25:13 AM3/20/04

I guess Buffalo only has three restaurants, and no buses or cabs.

What a shame.

Logical Anomaly

Mar 20, 2004, 12:35:27 AM3/20/04
I thought there was a buffalo wing stand every two feet in Buffalo? Who knew?

"With this new digital technology, the suckiness comes through with great
clarity." Mike MST3k

CptainDan

Mar 20, 2004, 12:41:30 AM3/20/04
>I thought there was a buffalo wing stand every two feet in Buffalo? Who knew?

Imagine Jim looking around all shifty-eyed with a beardful of wing sauce.

Lord Gow, rogue bull of the 333!

Mar 20, 2004, 1:16:00 AM3/20/04

LOL!

LG

Don Del Grande

Mar 20, 2004, 1:19:19 AM3/20/04
Lord Gow, rogue bull of the 333! wrote:

>O.k., you're hosting the NCAA playoffs. The NCAA, for whatever fucked up
>reason doesn't allow food sales in the hosting venue (dumb asses).

? - this isn't listed anywhere in either the NCAA bylaws or the
Division I Men's Championship handbook; the only things they are not
allowed to sell are tobacco and alcohol (including beer). Perhaps
whoever normally runs the concessions felt that it wasn't worth it if
they couldn't sell beer.

-- Don

Lord Gow, rogue bull of the 333!

Mar 20, 2004, 1:21:35 AM3/20/04
CptainDan wrote:
> I guess Buffalo only has three restaurants,

Close.

> and no buses or cabs.
>
> What a shame.

10,000 people?!?

That's 2500ish cabs...

or 200 busses.

The Metro-rail could have helped if the damn thing actually went anywhere!

And remember, we're assuming that these 10,000 have no clue where they're
going.

The city could have "catered" a glorious spread that would have had people
remembering it fondly throughout the ages (if nothing else, WNY knows food).

Face it, Buffalo dropped the ball AGAIN!

LG (glad to only be from near Buffalo)

Lord Gow, rogue bull of the 333!

Mar 20, 2004, 1:33:31 AM3/20/04

This could very well be. The details were vague at best on this (and I only
caught part of the show). They only implied that food was not available in
the HSBC (Hot Sauce - Bleu Cheese) Arena. Or, if it was, the stands were
quickly overwhelmed, but I think it wasn't.

LG (just knows that people were hungry)