Pro Wrestling Illustrated/Minor Leagues

Andrew Jay Shurak

May 1, 1991, 6:52:25 AM5/1/91

I picked up a Pro Wrestling Illustrated last week, and I was
EXTREMELY IMPRESSED. There is a huge amount of info about minor leagues
, some of which is even unavailable on the net. I am disgustingly busy
with final projects and finals, but I will hopefully post several
pages worth in the near future. I do strongly encourage people to try
other mags by this company (such as The Wrestler); I think you'll be
impressed. One thing I want to mention now is that the IWCCW has
had a card recently in Staten Island at a Catholic School, some of you
in NYC might want to check for it so you can see people like the #8
person in the IWCCW, SPECIAL DE#LIVERY "S.D." JONES!!!

Two questions:
1) When is the next NY Penta card (I return to wonderful Flushing, Queens
on May 20th)

2) How is net access in Michigan State U., because it looks like I'm
going there starting in September. For that matter, how is computing
(and wrestling, of course) there in general.

A few quick notes:
PWI is heavily biased towards the WCW/NWA, who advertises heavily in there.
It looks like they are trying to set up the USWA as the logical succesor to
the AWA, who they have removed from World Title Status. Note that there are
two or three other leagues with world status besides WWF, WCW, USWA:
the PWA, IWCCW, and UWF are included in this. The IWCCW unified title is vacant,
while Vic Steamboat is fighting The Tasmaniac (a future WWf star, I hope) for
ICW title matches. I assume that WCCW champ is Kevin Von Erich still, and
that The Brotherhood holds the tag belts. As you've heard, the UWF also has
no current champ; there is a listing of the AWA top ten, with title vacant,
and it includes Brad Rhenigans, Col. DeBeers, and mabye Baron Von Raschke.
Some of the people in their top ten are also in other "minor leagues" top ten.
I will post the titles (as of late March) ASAP.

Andrew "rice-a-roni" Shurak, sworm enemy of VAX statistical software packages.
(Avoid double majoring in Computer science and Operations REsearch, ye freshmen,
especially the ones at CMU. Designing instruction sets in software and
performing nonlinear regression for systems of equations do not mix).