"One Nation Under God: A Book for Little Patriots" sets the record straight on American history

Karolina Dean...X-ray eyes

Aug 30, 2011, 2:22:04 PM8/30/11
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/dcommandatore/2011/08/30/one-nation-under-god-a-book-for-little-patriots-review-clever-safe-childrens-book/

Are your kids learning the fundamentals of what makes America the
greatest country in the world at school? In a time when fewer and
fewer schools recite the Pledge of Allegiance each morning, it is
doubtful. Amelia Hamilton’s publishing debut, One Nation Under God: A
Book for Little Patriots, gives children an engaging history lesson
and introduction to our government covering everything from the Bill
of Rights to The Statue of Liberty.

“The people can govern, that’s what Jefferson said.
We don’t need a king, we don’t need to be led.
Put America’s future in Americans’ hands.
We can decide for ourselves in this wonderful land. “

My son has a Ronald Reagan action figure (okay, maybe it’s not an
action figure but I refuse to call it a doll) in his room along with
Navy SEAL posters and plenty of little green army men. He plays with
toy guns and wears camouflage pants and says “Semper fi” to any Marine
we come across in an airport or at Costco. We’re not exactly the
typical family you might find on the west side of Los Angeles. So you
can see why this is the kind of book I can feel good about reading
with my son.

Hamilton’s poems cover the basics of congress, the three branches of
government and the Supreme Court through clever and charming poems
that are unabashedly patriotic. I read them all to my son who seemed
to like “Five Branches in Our Military” the best.

“Five branches fight to keep us free.
To protect us and our liberty.”

Wouldn’t you be happy if your kid was reciting that around the house?
My favorite is “Seven Rays on the Statue of Liberty.” I was born in
Jersey City, NJ, in the shadow of Lady Liberty. I would see her while
driving on the NJ Turnpike or down the west side highway and remember
how people all over the world only dream of seeing that beacon of
hope. When I read Hamilton’s words, On her crown, those seven rays
remind Americans every day that on seven lands and seven seas many
still are not yet free, I remembered how I never tried to take her for
granted. Hopefully there will be a new generation of Americans that
understands her significance.

I can see parents and grandparents reading these at bedtime or on the
front porch. The illustrations are adorable and will spark as much
conversation as the poems. Please visit ameliahamilton.com to
purchase a copy for your child or any other budding constitutional
scholar you may know.
Hands down, this beats by light years the recent, obscene childrens'
offering narrated by Samuel L. Jackson, something I never believed
could make it into print, let alone be the subject of adulation by
poseurs passing themselves off as literary critics.
I hope it does well but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it
to show up in the NYT Book Review in the Childrens'

Believing America is the best country in the world is subjective. Not
a fact. Schools should stay away from teaching emotion over

Oh, so now that crazed teavangelical Kim Simac http://www.gnaco.com/books.html
has been vanquished, you guys needed a new nutter kid's author?
Although the market for ridiculous teahadist children's propaganda
amongst the home-schooling fundie types is tiny, it does make it
easier to indoctrinate their dullard kids with the hate, I guess.

Are all baggers this deluded? That is all this article has
communicated. The country that you mistakenly believe is being pulled
away from you by the "commie" in the White House never existed in the
first place. The "beacon of hope" and the "shining city on the hill"
and the 1955 world you wish you could live in is not real. it's a
false construct; the work of Madison Avenue.

You're living in the Matrix.

Some people are so afraid of religion and patriotism because of the
mistakes that everyone has made: religious and agnostic, patriot and
world-orderist. People need to re-read Alexis de Toqueville to see how
great early 19th century America was, because it was religious and
patriotic.

I have no problem with telling kids America is the best country in the
world. I don't see why "God" has to be brought into it

You know it is really sad what Progressives are.....

This is a review of a Patriotic book for children and the PROGLYDYTE
FISTERS don't have the grace to just let us acknowledge the book and
compliment it in peace. Instead we must be somehow subjected to their
narrow minded bigoted insults because they cannot allow others the
freedom to speak.

I wonder that teaching children about being American and our actual
history brings out the crankiness and hostility of the Progressives
and other Statist people who live in this country. It could possibly
lead me to conclude that they don't like America and are anti-
American. But that would be logical, and according to them, no one
gets to be logical. The dortmunder who thinks our attitude of being
the "best country in the world" is wrong and bad has never been to any
other country. Other countries think they are the best. It is
something that people who believe in their country and how it works
(or is intended to work as in our current case) logically would teach
their citizens. These guys missed the class. Or like The Big O, got
stoned and believed the Marxists instead. Believing in our
constitutional republic and individual responsibility is soooo
haaaarrd. Pass the bong. This is a book that liberals would love to
ban.

Better to teach kids that their country is nothing but a racist-sexist-
homophobic cesspool that needs super-duper smart people to micromanage
everyone's lives.

Funny how not just Americans, but citizens of all western countries
are taught that their countries are worthless sacks of excrement.

For the record, I believe that America is already circling the drain
thanks to Leftist tyranny combined with the "national security state,"
but it does not follow that American citizens must be taught to look
to Chavez, Ahmadinejad, Kim Jong-il, and the rest for solutions. A
book like this gives the finger to Leftist micromanagement of speech
and thought. Report Reply
0Please watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2BfqDUPL1I

Nuff said.

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/29/140042761/obama-names-krueger-chief-economic-adviser

Jason

Aug 30, 2011, 5:11:20 PM8/30/11
On Aug 30, 2:22 pm, "Karolina Dean...X-ray eyes"
<platniumtang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/dcommandatore/2011/08/30/one-nation...

> Are your kids learning the fundamentals of what makes America the
> greatest country in the world at school?  In a time when fewer and
> fewer schools recite the Pledge of Allegiance each morning, it is
> doubtful. Amelia Hamilton’s publishing debut, One Nation Under God: A
> Book for Little Patriots, gives children an engaging history lesson
> and introduction to our government covering everything from the Bill
> of Rights to The Statue of Liberty.

Judging from the source, I'm going to assume this is Fox-Approved
History. Slaughter of Indians, The Slave Trade, Etc are all probably
missing.

> Hamilton’s poems cover the basics of congress, the three branches
of
> government and the Supreme Court through clever and charming poems
> that are unabashedly patriotic.

Government is BAD, you fucking communist.

 I read them all to my son who seemed
> to like “Five Branches in Our Military” the best.
>
> “Five branches fight to keep us free.
> To protect us and our liberty.”
>
> Wouldn’t you be happy if your kid was reciting that around the house?

He doesn't specify how young the kid is, but I'd be worried about any
kid younger than 15 and expressing feelings like these.

But then, I have to say, this is one reason why conservatives succeed
so well -- early indoctrination. Kiwannis, Eddie Eagle the NRA
mascot...etc, etc.

> My favorite is “Seven Rays on the Statue of Liberty.” I was born in
> Jersey City, NJ, in the shadow of Lady Liberty.

How come none > driving on the NJ Turnpike or down the west side

highway and remember
> how people all over the world only dream of seeing that beacon of
> hope. When I read Hamilton’s words, On her crown, those seven rays
> remind Americans every day that on seven lands and seven seas many
> still are not yet free, I remembered how I never tried to take her for
> granted.  Hopefully there will be a new generation of Americans that
> understands her significance.

Yes, a gift from the people of FRANCE that welcomes IMMIGRANTS to this
nation. Yes, I do understand the significance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------------

>  Hands down, this beats by light years the recent, obscene childrens'
> offering narrated by Samuel L. Jackson, something I never believed
> could make it into print, let alone be the subject of adulation by
> poseurs passing themselves off as literary critics.

It's a FUCKING JOKE book you prick, it's not a kid's book!!

I'm assuming I'm in the 'readers comments' section now, as what I'm
reading is of even lower quality than the knuckle-dragger who wrote
this article.

Jason

syvyn11

Aug 30, 2011, 6:12:40 PM8/30/11
On Aug 30, 5:11 pm, Jason <janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2:22 pm, "Karolina Dean...X-ray eyes"

> It's a FUCKING JOKE book you prick, it's not a kid's book!!
>
> I'm assuming I'm in the 'readers comments' section now, as what I'm
> reading is of even lower quality than the knuckle-dragger who wrote
> this article.
>
>  Jason

Why are you libs so scared about a little kids book? I guess only
what you want kids to see, read or hear is valid.

Jason

Aug 30, 2011, 6:31:47 PM8/30/11

Remember this from just under two years ago?

http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/video-glenn-beck-now-advocates-students-skip-school-on-obama-s-school-address-day

The fury over President Obama's planned speech to school children has
already reached its inevitable conclusion. Conservative parents are
being championed by commentators like Glenn Beck to have their
students "skip" school on the day of the President's address. The
theory seems to be that students would be better off skipping an
entire day than being subjected to a speech from the President.

Let me first say that none of us know exactly what the President will
say in his speech. As I wrote earlier the speech is suppose to
include an admonition to work hard in school, set educational goals,
and take responsibility for their learning

*************

Oh, and how about some good old Fixed Noise hypocrisy from just three
weeks ago?

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201108240005

Jason

Freezer

Aug 30, 2011, 6:33:55 PM8/30/11
If I don't reply to this syvyn11 post, the terroists win.

> Why are you libs so scared about a little kids book?

Why do you conservatives think "point and laugh" means "they're
scared?"

--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://freezer818.livejournal.com/

syvyn11

Aug 30, 2011, 8:55:36 PM8/30/11
On Aug 30, 6:31 pm, Jason <janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 6:12 pm, syvyn11 <robhorine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 30, 5:11 pm, Jason <janklowic...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Aug 30, 2:22 pm, "Karolina Dean...X-ray eyes"
>
> > > It's a FUCKING JOKE book you prick, it's not a kid's book!!
>
> > > I'm assuming I'm in the 'readers comments' section now, as what I'm
> > > reading is of even lower quality than the knuckle-dragger who wrote
> > > this article.
>
> > >  Jason
>
> > Why are you libs so scared about a little kids book?    I guess only
> > what you want kids to see, read or hear is valid.
>
> Remember this from just under two years ago?
>
> http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/video-glenn-beck-n...

> The fury over President Obama's planned speech to school children has
> already reached its inevitable conclusion.  Conservative parents are
> being championed by commentators like Glenn Beck to have their
> students "skip" school on the day of the President's address.  The
> theory seems to be that students would be better off skipping an
> entire day than being subjected to a speech from the President.
>
> Let me first say that none of us know exactly what the President will
> say in his speech.  As I wrote earlier the speech is suppose to
> include an admonition to work hard in school, set educational goals,
> and take responsibility for their learning
>
> *************
>
> Oh, and how about some good old Fixed Noise hypocrisy from just three
> weeks ago?
>
> http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201108240005
>
> Jason

apples and oranges

Obama's school speech was a way for force children to see a political
speech (which he rightfully changed to what he finally did). This is
a book that no one has to buy.

See, one is a captive audience, the other is a product that you can
buy if you wants.

See how that works, Seth!

rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

Aug 30, 2011, 9:52:18 PM8/30/11

I remember seeing a film about little kids in uniforms being taught
certain "truths," but I couldn't make it out because it was in German.
($1 to the Est. of George Carlin).

--
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

"Conservatism is a phobia. Grow a pair and face the future." -- SherKhan.
"A Conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who has never
learned to walk forward." -- FDR.

rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

Aug 30, 2011, 9:53:46 PM8/30/11

WOW, JUST WOW! DO YOU REALLY THINK THESE KIDS GIVE A GODDAMN MOTHERFUCK
ABOUT GROWN-UP POLITICS?!?!

Jesus, even from you, that's fucking retarded.

--
rwa2play, The Northern Lariat

Barely functional, partially reasonable and totally lazy.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike
your Christ. -- Ghandi
A forced faith is a hypocrisy hateful to God and man. -- Henry Manning

syvyn11

Aug 30, 2011, 10:57:21 PM8/30/11
On Aug 30, 9:53 pm, "rwa2play, The Northern Lariat"

WHOOOSH!

Right over your head!

Obama couldn't care less. he knew those kids would parrot what he
said to the parents.

> Jesus, even from you, that's fucking retarded.

Do you think the kids that had to listen to Castro in class gave a
fuck about grown up politics? They didn't. Fidel didn't give them a
choice. Obama didn't either.

F~A~R~V~A~Mamey Sapote Eradication

Aug 31, 2011, 3:57:10 AM8/31/11

Re: "One Nation Under God: A Book for Little Patriots" sets the record
straight on American history

Group: rec.sport.pro-wrestling Date: Tue, Aug 30, 2011, 2:11pm (EDT-3)
From: janklo...@yahoo.com (Jason)
 Hands down, this beats by light years the recent, obscene childrens'
offering narrated by Samuel L. Jackson, something I never believed could
make it into print, let alone be the subject of adulation by poseurs
passing themselves off as literary critics.
It's a FUCKING JOKE book you prick, it's not a kid's book!!
I'm assuming I'm in the 'readers comments' section now, as what I'm
reading is of even lower quality than the knuckle-dragger who wrote this
article.
  Jason

is it worth a paragraph-by-paragraph critqué?
all that fussing and feuding over 'knuckle-dragger' crap?

UNIFARVA-#1 ALL TIME POSTER in RSPW HISTORY

KATY PERRY IS DA DEVIL!

ROBBY IS A JENKEM JUNKIE.

DON'T TAZE MY GRANNY!
                               _
                            /'_/)
                          ,/_  /
                         /    /
                   /'_'/'   '/'__'7,
                /'/    /    /    /" /_\
               ('(    ' Fuck     /'   ')
              \      You'          /
                 '\'              _.7'
                   \             (
                     \            \
BEYOND BE VACHEL CARLING'S RUBILATOR.

COURVOISALIEN COFFEE IS UNDERGROUND.

ENK.

F~A~R~V~A~Mamey Sapote Eradication

Aug 31, 2011, 4:02:38 AM8/31/11
>Hands down, this beats by light years the recent, obscene childrens'
offering narrated by Samuel L. Jackson, something I never believed could
make it into print, let alone be the subject of adulation by poseurs
passing themselves off as literary critics.

You invalidate EVERYTHING by referencing CRITICS at all: all those
pompous cocksuckers are are self-important windbags who have WAY TOO
INFLATED opinions of themselves.and the delusion that ANYONE gives a
flying fuck what they say or 'think' matters.

Romney 2012

Aug 31, 2011, 7:58:54 PM8/31/11

"syvyn11" <robhor...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I hate parroting Arturo, but in this case he's right. Jesus, even from you,
that's fucking retarded.