Big Show: Less is More?

J!

Sep 19, 2005, 12:56:24 AM9/19/05
Although it was hardly promoted as a major matchup, Big Show's bout with
Gene Snitsky does possess some significance. Sources close to the situation
report that following the PPV last night, WWE will increase focus on the
transition of moving Big Show from a regular performer to an Andre-like
"novelty act."

While Big Show will still work regularly, WWE is reportedly trying to remove
him from long-term "programs" with other wrestlers. Show will instead work
on developing a special bond with the fans so that each appearance is
considered important and "special." Such intentions explain the utilization
of Big Show in comedy roles and "parade-like" entrances - both are designed
to make him more fan-friendly.

Few specifics are available as to plans for Big Show following the PPV. All
that is known is that WWE is indeed committed to this transition; it could,
of course, take quite some time before going into full effect.

Source: PWTorch.com

--
"I'm officially picking J! as the next breakout RSPW Star."

-HitMan333

Dub

Sep 19, 2005, 2:20:41 AM9/19/05
Boy. Bog Slow just doesn't do it for me any more... although I find
myself falling asleep during his matches, I still get a tingle hearing
his blues-y entrance music and watching him amble to the ring. Can't
think of an angle he's been involved in in the past three or four years
that had me remotely interested. Dunno... does anyone else think this
might actually be a rare good move on the part of WWE creative?

HitMan333

Sep 19, 2005, 2:33:40 AM9/19/05
J! <itsall...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "I'm officially picking J! as the next breakout RSPW Star."
> -HitMan333

Yay! I made a sig!

HitMan333

JeffH

Sep 19, 2005, 5:23:58 PM9/19/05
His feud with Brock was good with Heyman as his manager. He as
entertaining on Smackdown for that time but he's overstayed his welcome
now. He's feuded with everyone really and there's nobody i'd pay to see
him headline against.

He's better off retiring.

D-Chance.

Sep 19, 2005, 5:51:01 AM9/19/05
> Although it was hardly promoted as a major matchup, Big Show's bout with
> Gene Snitsky does possess some significance. Sources close to the
> situation
> report that following the PPV last night, WWE will increase focus on the
> transition of moving Big Show from a regular performer to an Andre-like
> "novelty act."

First thing that has to be done, then... have him disassociate
himself from the Raw brand and become more of a goodwill
ambassador that does tons of personal appearances for the
company AND works for BOTH Raw and Smackdown.

Cut back his on-air ring appearances and then have
him move back and forth between Mondays and Fridays
so that he won't be on TV wrestling more than once or
maybe twice an entire month on any particular night. Also
cut his ppvs in half so that he's only on the Raw-onlys
a couple of time and the Smackdown-onlys a couple of
times (add a couple more on the combined shows to give
him a number equal to the others for the year).

Have him be the enforcer for the company. Bring in short-
term guys... and unlike the Akebono fiasco, actually have
TBS be the "home town hero" fighting off the outsiders
trying to challenge the E (and winning for a change without
embarrassing himself or the company he represents).

The idea is not a bad one. Hell, some on this very ng
*cough* have suggested this very thing... about 3-4 years
ago... but better late than never... maybe.

Smart Ape - Bye Bye Bitches (RIP Janelle)

Sep 19, 2005, 10:45:24 AM9/19/05
"J!" <itsall...@gmail.com> wrote in message

They should have started doing this 2-3 years ago.
--
--- "Damn dirty fleas..."
--- "Ever notice that at the start of a cartoon, Casper has no friends, and