[WWF] Los Super Astros report and commentary

M Cleary

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Armando Fernandez over Scott Taylor

Decent match. Fernandez does a nice tope con hilo and he finishs
Taylor with something I would call a corkscrew Michinoku Driver #1. It
was a spinning double underhook brain-buster.

After the match Fernandez is interviewed by the very beautiful Maria
Felipe.

*Clips of the Rock, back when he was 3rd generation superstar, dont
call me Prince Nakamaki, Rocky Maivia.

El Merenguero dances with the lovely Maria

El Merenguero over Christopher Martin

El Merenguero wins with something the announcers call a El Merenguero
Suplex. It was a top rope dragon sleeper into a suplex. Reverse
Superplex? The match was a glorified squash.

Mini Max interviews Gigante Silva.

El Hijo del Santo over Super Loco

El Hijo del Santo wins with a Camel Clutch. Loco pulled out some
decent spots including a missed corkscrew press. The match was
interrupted in the middle by commercials, destroying the flow.
Although one of the commericials was for Bienvenido, one of the
greatest gifts to hetero males that there is.

All in all a decent effort. It is only 30 mins, and they crammed in 3
adequate matchs. The announcers are a pleasure to listen to, although
I dont speak much Spanish since they call the moves in English for the
most part. The crowd was dead though.

Look for me as El-Samurai in #rspw on DALnet