GP1200R INFO

Fercho

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
I have been doing some research as far as what Yamaha in Europe & Canada has
used on their GPR.

The Carbs, CDI, Digital Display are different. They do not have a Cat
Converter. Instead they had a flange that has a 1/2 moon piece of metal
welded (as far as I can see on drawing that I got), which I guess
compensates for the back preassure that the Cat Converter puts. The part
Number for this flange is 67B1465A0000. No Yamaha dealer in USA will be able
to get it, you can only get it from Canada or Europe

I do not know what difference beetween the CDI's are.

As far as the carbs, I got some specs from Jet1 in Sidney, Australia and
they stated that the jettings that their GPR's use are different
92.5 Low speed Jet with 1/2 turns on carbs 1&2 and 3/4 turns on carb 3
135 High Speed Jet with 5/8 turns on carbs 1&2 and 1 turn on carb 3
the neddle & seat is 1.2 and spring is 15 grams.

I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE THAT THEY NEED TO CHANGE CARB SETTINGS OR GET RID OF
THE CAT CONVERTERS. BE ADVISED THAT I AM JUST PASSING INFO TO YOU, I HAVE
NOT TRIED ANY OF THESE SETTINGS, SO IF YOU TRY ANY CARB SETTINGS DO IT AT
YOUR OWN RISK.

I am looking for a solution to the shitty cat converter, and I heard from
many of you that by just removing it you loose power, so this flange that
the European and Canadian Models use may be the answer. Its not the
restriction that it creates that I do not like, is the breaking in pieces
every 40 hours that comes with a price tag of $700+ that I do not want.
Everything else in the exhaust stays in place including the exhaust
temperature sensor and the water temp sensor.

Fercho

Skee

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
I think there are federal laws that require companys to replace faulty smog
equiptment well after the factory warrantee expires? My rz350 had its cat
converters replaced 3 times over 5 years without any charge. I don't know if
this is true with watercraft though.
"Fercho" <spee...@hypercon.com> wrote in message

Fercho

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
Well, there are no written laws in reference for emision controls for
personal watercrafts yet.

Fercho
"Skee" <das...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Kelly Matchett

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
Good point! Car makers are to replace the cat and computer for 80k
miles. The EPA might see watercraft differently, but that's worth a
shot.
Kelly

Harry

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
In this case, the cat makes for 2004 compliance ... and it's not 2004 yet.
Hence Yamaha is not obligated from an emissions/EP standpoint.
Sounds odd, but that's the way it is.

Regards, Harry Klemm Group K

Mario

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
No it's not odd at all, it just amazes me that even now places like Riva are
making the statement "for competition use only" so as to protect themselves
from lawsuits.

Mario
temps are rising!