Eric Lindros

已查看 34 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

DJ...@psuvm.psu.edu

未读,
1991年2月27日 19:56:481991/2/27
收件人
Does anyone know where Lindros will be playing next year in the NHL? Is he real
ly as good as people say he is? I've heard he's supposed to be as good or bette
r than Gretsky. What's the story?

valerie s hammerl

未读,
1991年2月27日 21:59:571991/2/27
收件人

Answer 1: Will be determined in June, in sunny Buffalo, NY, in the
Supplemental Draft. Whoever finishes last is a cinch to draft him,
unless Toronto comes in last, in which case New Jersey will use the
pick they have from Toronto and grab him. (If the Sabres lose to
Quebec tomorrow night, I'm going to start thinking it's to keep
Lindros out of the Adams! ;-)
Answer 2: He's supposed to be a more well-rounded player than Gretsky.
As in he will check. Play defensively. Defend himself. There was an
article in the Buffalo News two weeks ago Sunday....maybe I'll try to
find it and post it, if there's an interest. [warning: written by a
sportswriter for the only newspaper in the city of Buffalo. Never
expect much from the Snooze]. I so far have seen just a few minutes
of a taped game of Oshawa vs Niagara Falls on the local cable channel
here, and while he looked pretty good, the true test won't come til
next fall, when he plays in the NHL...

valerie hammerl
ham...@acsu.buffalo.edu

Bill Beaulac

未读,
1991年2月28日 00:30:431991/2/28
收件人
In <62...@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> ham...@acsu.buffalo.edu (valerie s hammerl) writes:

>If the Sabres lose to
>Quebec tomorrow night, I'm going to start thinking it's to keep
>Lindros out of the Adams! ;-)

Either that, or it could be some underhanded scheme to
keep Lindros IN the Adams, playing his home games at the
Aud.

Sorry Valerie and Greg, but I couldn't resist. :-)

-bill

Kenneth M. Tubman (214)754-3871

未读,
1991年2月28日 10:37:001991/2/28
收件人

It is not known yet where he will play.

Being in Dallas (where hockey news is hard to get) I can't say how good
he is but I remember a lot of similar discussion about Brian Bellows
a few years ago. I don't think we'll really know how good he is
until he starts to play in the NHL.

--

Ken Tubman ARCO Oil & Gas Company
ktu...@arco.com 2300 W. Plano Parkway

Greg Walker

未读,
1991年3月4日 09:08:211991/3/4
收件人
In article <1991Feb28....@Arco.COM> ktu...@Arco.COM (Kenneth M. Tubman (214)754-3871) writes:
>In article <91058.19...@psuvm.psu.edu> DJ...@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>>Does anyone know where Lindros will be playing next year in the NHL? Is he
>>really as good as people say he is? I've heard he's supposed to be as good or
>>better than Gretsky. What's the story?

>It is not known yet where he will play.
>
>Being in Dallas (where hockey news is hard to get) I can't say how good
>he is but I remember a lot of similar discussion about Brian Bellows
>a few years ago. I don't think we'll really know how good he is
>until he starts to play in the NHL.

Well, I guess you couldn't see the World Junior Hockey Championships held in
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan this December. Lindros was the tournament MVP and
led the scoring race as well as the Canadian team to victory. He showed
signs of being a better all-around player than Gretzky (i.e. his two-way
play is MUCH better, he's a better skater, and he's bigger--not afraid to go
into the corners). Not too many people think that he will surpass The
Great One in scoring and assists, but he'll definitely be up there. He
is currently leading the Oshawa Generals and (I think) the OHL in scoring.
This is despite taking close to a month off to go and play for Canada in the
World Juniors. The OHL is one of the premier junior leagues in the world,
so it's a good indicator of how he'll do in the NHL.

As for where he'll be playing, the team that finishes last this season will
draft him, unless it's Toronto (currently in 20th place in a 21-team league),
because they traded their first-round draft choice to New Jersey. Quebec
will likely end up with him, as they insist on being worse than the Leafs.

Greg Walker
University of Waterloo
gwa...@trillium.waterloo.edu

0 个新帖子