Alexandre Daigle #1??

Richard John Rauser

May 27, 1993, 3:14:03 AM5/27/93

So who thinks Alex Daigle will be the #1 draft pick this year?

Oh, and another question...is there a net contact for the Canadiens?
There's no one listed in the FAQ.

Keep those survey answers coming in!

LET'S GO HABS!

Oh yeah, one last question...which CHL team has a red jersey with a
tiger as the logo???

--
Richard J. Rauser "You have no idea what you're doing."
rau...@sfu.ca "Oh, don't worry about that. We're professional

Neal Johnson

May 27, 1993, 5:59:38 AM5/27/93
> In article <rauser.7...@sfu.ca>
>rau...@fraser.sfu.ca (Richard John Rauser) writes:
>
> Oh yeah, one last question...which CHL team has a red jersey with a
> tiger as the logo???

Medicine Hat Tigers have a tiger but it is orange'ish, more like
the real thing....

W. Jim Jordan

May 27, 1993, 2:36:42 PM5/27/93
In article <NCJLOG.93M...@order.atmos.washington.edu>

There's a team in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League called
the Tigres, but I don't remember where it's based. Victoriaville?

dwarf
--
W. Jim Jordan "I don't mean to tell you how to live
dw...@x400gate.bnr.ca (Internet) your life--that's what the TV's for--

Glenn...@engr.usask.ca

May 27, 1993, 5:41:46 PM5/27/93
From: rau...@fraser.sfu.ca (Richard John Rauser)
Date: Thu, 27 May 1993 07:14:03 GMT

> So who thinks Alex Daigle will be the #1 draft pick this year?

I cannot name a single francophone hockey player of superstar status who
played most of his career in English-speaking Canada. Can someone name
a few? If Daigle turns out to be the first for the Ottawa Senators,
that would be a boon for Canadian unity!

Of course, with more liberal free agency rules, there's no guarantee that
Daigle will stay long in Ottawa. :-(

Glenn

Glenn...@engr.usask.ca

May 27, 1993, 6:12:07 PM5/27/93
One more thing: During the Memorial Cup, hockey analyst Bob MacKenzie
said that 90 per cent of NHL scouts would rate Daigle as the number one
prospect for next month's entry draft in *Quebec City* (listen to the
crowd when his name is announced; listen even closer if the Nordiques
make a deal to obtain him in the draft).

Glenn

Paul Brownlow

May 27, 1993, 2:59:04 PM5/27/93

Medicine Hat wears black jerseys, not red jerseys. Maybe it's the
Victoriaville Tigres of the QMJHL.

--
Paul Brownlow | Visualize
Data I/O Corp. Redmond, WA | Whirled

L. Phan

May 27, 1993, 11:13:29 PM5/27/93
In article <rauser.7...@sfu.ca> rau...@fraser.sfu.ca (Richard John Rauser) writes:
> So who thinks Alex Daigle will be the #1 draft pick this year?

Daigle may go will go number 1, but he's been a no show since Christmas.
If anyone deserves to go number 1, it's Pronger. I would not be surprised
if Yashin is going to be the dominant rookie next season.

GO KINGS!

s_...@pavo.concordia.ca

May 28, 1993, 2:31:00 AM5/28/93
In article <1993May27.1...@bnr.ca>,
dw...@bcarh601.bnr.ca (W. Jim Jordan) writes...

>>> In article <rauser.7...@sfu.ca>
>>>rau...@fraser.sfu.ca (Richard John Rauser) writes:

>>>Oh yeah, one last question...which CHL team has a red jersey with a
>>>tiger as the logo???

>There's a team in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League called

>the Tigres, but I don't remember where it's based. Victoriaville?

That's right, the Victoriaville Tigres, whom Alexander Daigle plays for,
have a red jersey with a little green on it for away games, sorta like
the New Jersey Devil's.

To answer the other question, Ottawa has already said that they will select
Daigle first over all June 26, so there is no question about this. I'd
expect to see him in a Quebec uniform next season though, given that Quebec
is looking for a few French Canadian stars to boost ticket sales at Le
Colisee, and the fact that they have the excess talent to trade.

Suta
s_...@pavo.concordia.ca

s_...@pavo.concordia.ca

May 28, 1993, 2:44:00 AM5/28/93
In article <C7pvM...@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca>,
li...@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca (L. Phan) writes...

>In article <rauser.7...@sfu.ca> rau...@fraser.sfu.ca (Richard John Rauser) writes:
>> So who thinks Alex Daigle will be the #1 draft pick this year?
>
> Daigle may go will go number 1, but he's been a no show since Christmas.
> If anyone deserves to go number 1, it's Pronger.

Agreed

> I would not be surprised if Yashin is going to be the dominant rookie
> next season.

Actually, given that Peter Forsberg will be playing on the same line as
Matts Sundin should he sign with Quebec, something he stated he would like
to do when asked during the world junior championship, I feel that is going
to be one hell of a contender for Rookie of the Year.

s_...@pavo.concordia.ca

L. Phan

May 28, 1993, 2:44:35 AM5/28/93
In article <28MAY199...@pavo.concordia.ca> s_...@pavo.concordia.ca writes:
>Actually, given that Peter Forsberg will be playing on the same line as
>Matts Sundin should he sign with Quebec, something he stated he would like
>to do when asked during the world junior championship, I feel that is going
>to be one hell of a contender for Rookie of the Year.

Will Forsberg be in Quebec next year? My understanding is that he has not come
to terms with the club. Nonetheless, a line with Forsberg, Sundin and Nolan
could dominate like the Gretzky, Kurri and Anderson line of the early 80's.
With the current line-up that Quebec has, they should be playing the Kings next
week for the Stanley's mug.

There is still some exciting hockey left this season and next season will be an
incredible year for scorers. Gretzky's record could be broken by someone other
than Lemieux.

KINGS WIN!!! The giants have awoken.

Y. Tremblay

May 28, 1993, 11:21:17 AM5/28/93

>There is still some exciting hockey left this season and next season will bean
>incredible year for scorers. Gretzky's record could be broken by someone other
>than Lemieux.

Really !!!!! who !?!?!?!?

I really don't see anyone that can be compare to an healty Lemieux in
the league.

Yannick

Neal Johnson

May 28, 1993, 12:56:00 PM5/28/93

>> li...@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca (L. Phan) writes:
>>
>>There is still some exciting hockey left this season and next season will

>>be an incredible year for scorers. Gretzky's record could be broken

>> by someone other than Lemieux.

>In article <1993May28.1...@eng.cam.ac.uk>

>y...@eng.cam.ac.uk (Y. Tremblay) writes:
>
> Really !!!!! who !?!?!?!?
>
> I really don't see anyone that can be compare to an healty Lemieux in
> the league.
>
> Yannick

I doubt anyone sees anyone that can be compare to a healthy Lemieux.
But he isn't healthy.

Since they're playing a few more games and the league is adding a few
more Ottawas and San Joses, the likelihood of some big numbers is
greater in the next few years, than in the past few.

How big is Daigle? Somewhere I've formed the impression of him as a
very small guy (read Ray Whitney-type) and this may cause him grief.

In any case, speculating as to the records he might accumulate is
about as sensible as the guessing at the Game 6 scores...

Gerald Olchowy

May 28, 1993, 1:33:54 PM5/28/93
>How big is Daigle? Somewhere I've formed the impression of him as a
>very small guy (read Ray Whitney-type) and this may cause him grief.
>
>In any case, speculating as to the records he might accumulate is
>about as sensible as the guessing at the Game 6 scores...

I am pretty certain that Daigle is at least six feet tall, but as with many
seventeen year olds is still rather slender. When he fills out he
probably will play at 190 pounds or so. He isn't small...only a
little light right now...it will take a couple of years to get there
though from his current weight of probably 170.

Same with Pronger, who is still a "toothpick".

Gerald

Sonny Hays-Eberts

May 28, 1993, 1:27:45 PM5/28/93

ncj...@atmos.washington.edu (Neal Johnson) wrote:

> >> li...@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca (L. Phan) writes:
> >>
> >>There is still some exciting hockey left this season and next season will
> >>be an incredible year for scorers. Gretzky's record could be broken
> >> by someone other than Lemieux.
>
> >In article <1993May28.1...@eng.cam.ac.uk>
> >y...@eng.cam.ac.uk (Y. Tremblay) writes:
> >
> > Really !!!!! who !?!?!?!?
> >
> > I really don't see anyone that can be compare to an healty Lemieux in
> > the league.
> >
> > Yannick
>
> I doubt anyone sees anyone that can be compare to a healthy Lemieux.
> But he isn't healthy.

at this time, lindros can't. but i can speculate that he'll surpass
lemiuex.
and within a few years. not pass his records, but be at the same or better
place than lemiuex was at the similair point in his career.

> Since they're playing a few more games and the league is adding a few
> more Ottawas and San Joses, the likelihood of some big numbers is
> greater in the next few years, than in the past few.

yup. we get to see it in all sports. and not just now. i'm sure it helped
phil esposito get to 76 goals by getting games against the flames and
islanders.

> How big is Daigle? Somewhere I've formed the impression of him as a
> very small guy (read Ray Whitney-type) and this may cause him grief.
>
> In any case, speculating as to the records he might accumulate is
> about as sensible as the guessing at the Game 6 scores...

but it's fun! that's half the joy of being a fan is the endless,
unresolvable arguemnts. who's the greatest player of all time? did hunter
intentionally hurt turgeon? is potvin/roy/jospeh/barasso the best goalie in
the nhl and how do they compare to dryden/parent/tony esposito? will
limiting fighting increase stickwork? i'm sorry i can't contribute inside
news for a particular team. any hockey news i get has likely been heard by
everyone on this group already. i really appreciate what i get here,
because otherwise i wouldn't get it all. and maybe half the readers are
sick of these arguments. well, not all of us are surrounded by knowledgable
hockey fans. i've done what i can to get a good dozen or so folks into the
sport this year. they're not ready to argue points like two man vs one man
forechecking schemes. i look for it here. it's about hockey and relevant to
the group and fandom in general. like someone else said, it's not as
important as finding a cure for cancer, but nothing on this group is.

if you don't like my posting, write your own. if you don't think you can
post, that ought to tell you something. if you think you can, do. no
excuses. if you still don't like my post, find one you do like. life is
too short to be miserable. if you like my posts, i commend your good taste.

sonny hays-eberts (paraphrased from rita mae brown)
ebe...@donald.uoregon.edu

Neal Johnson

May 28, 1993, 7:49:49 AM5/28/93

ebe...@donald.uoregon.edu (Sonny Hays-Eberts) writes:

but it's fun! that's half the joy of being a fan is the endless,

unresolvable arguemnts.......

Well I sorta agree and sorta don't. I think you're right if you say

"If I wanna post something, I ought to be able to do it without some
weaseldink, posting that I am wasting bandwidth."

Nobody is holding my spacebar down and forcing me to read this stuff,
after all. But some of it just seems senseless to me.

Deepak Chhabra

May 30, 1993, 12:44:15 AM5/30/93

>I am pretty certain that Daigle is at least six feet tall, but as with many
>seventeen year olds is still rather slender. When he fills out he
>probably will play at 190 pounds or so. He isn't small...only a
>little light right now...it will take a couple of years to get there
>though from his current weight of probably 170.

>Same with Pronger, who is still a "toothpick".

I heard during the Memorial Cup that Pronger went on a conditioning
program that upped his weight to about 190 pounds, but he's lost a fair
bit over the course of the season so he's now about 175 or so. For a
6"6' guy, that's damn light...

--
Deepak Chhabra | dchh...@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca
Applied Physics |

Glenn...@engr.usask.ca

May 30, 1993, 3:16:50 PM5/30/93
From: dchh...@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca (Deepak Chhabra)
Date: Sun, 30 May 1993 04:44:15 GMT

>I heard during the Memorial Cup that Pronger went on a conditioning
>program that upped his weight to about 190 pounds, but he's lost a fair
>bit over the course of the season so he's now about 175 or so. For a
>6"6' guy, that's damn light...

For what it is worth, a graphic I saw on TSN during the Memorial Cup
listed Chris Pronger at 195 pounds. Still pretty light.

Glenn

mike....@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2019, 6:31:38 PM1/28/19
Daigle sucked ass! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!