OT: So McCabe will be fired soon.

Alan Baker

May 11, 2017, 4:43:59 PM5/11/17
Trump claimed the FBI was in "turmoil", and McCabe...

...says that's nonsense:

'"He's a showboat. He's a grandstander. The FBI has been in turmoil,"
Trump told NBC News in his first interview since firing Comey. "I was
going to fire Comey. My decision," Trump said. "I was going to fire
regardless of recommendation."

Trump told NBC News he never pressured Comey into dropping the FBI
probe, adding, "If Russia did anything, I want to know that. Trump said
there was no "collusion between me and my campaign and the Russians" but
added that "the Russians did not affect the vote."

McCabe's testimony contradicted Trump's appraisal of turmoil at the FBI
under Comey.

"I can tell you also that Director Comey enjoyed broad support within
the FBI and still does to this day," McCabe said.

"I can tell you that I hold Director Comey in the absolute highest
regard. I have the highest respect for his considerable abilities and
his integrity," McCabe added. "And it has been the greatest privilege
and honor of my professional life to work with him."'

Point of interest beyond the obvious lying that McCabe called out:

How can Trump claim he knows that the Russians didn't affect the vote,
if he's also saying that he wants to know what they did?

B...@onramp.net

May 11, 2017, 5:28:39 PM5/11/17
On Thu, 11 May 2017 13:43:54 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:
Arrivederci

Alan Baker

May 12, 2017, 2:20:18 PM5/12/17
Yup. Nailed it:

'Yet reports suggest that the White House is now looking for an
alternative interim director to replace McCabe, rather than keeping him
in place until a new Director is named and confirmed. This would be a
grave mistake, for the converse of all reasons that McCabe’s current
placement as interim director is so important. It would create the
perception that the nation’s lead law enforcement agency is no longer to
act with independence, raise even more questions about the future of the
Trump-Russia probe, and send exactly the wrong message to the FBI’s rank
and file.'

<https://www.justsecurity.org/40875/president-trump-replace-andrew-mccabe/>

'Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod
Rosenstein were interviewing four candidates Wednesday to serve as
interim FBI director, following the firing of James Comey.

Through the normal line of succession, Comey's deputy Andrew McCabe
became acting director after President Trump fired Comey, but now,
according to a Justice Department official, the attorney general is
considering other people to do that job until Trump names and the Senate
confirms a new FBI director.

According to the official, Sessions spoke with McCabe Tuesday night and
he is "also under consideration." But statute allows the president to
choose an interim FBI director outside of the standard order of
succession, and that process is underway.'

<http://www.npr.org/2017/05/10/527780171/despite-recusal-pledge-sessions-interviewing-candidates-for-interim-fbi-director>

I guess they keep searching for a "reliable" replacement...

:-)