Harvard study about media bias

Dene

May 19, 2017, 9:58:36 PM5/19/17

Alan Baker

May 19, 2017, 10:24:21 PM5/19/17
On 2017-05-19 6:58 PM, Dene wrote:
> CNN takes the lead. Not shocking to me.
>
> https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/26059-harvard-study-confirms-media-bias-against-trump

No, actually.

None of the writer's conclusions said anything about bias:

'Findings include:

President Trump dominated media coverage in the outlets and programs
analyzed, with Trump being the topic of 41 percent of all news
stories—three times the amount of coverage received by previous
presidents. He was also the featured speaker in nearly two-thirds of his
coverage.

Republican voices accounted for 80 percent of what newsmakers said about
the Trump presidency, compared to only 6 percent for Democrats and 3
percent for those involved in anti-Trump protests.

European reporters were more likely than American journalists to
directly question Trump’s fitness for office.

Trump has received unsparing coverage for most weeks of his presidency,
without a single major topic where Trump’s coverage, on balance, was
more positive than negative, setting a new standard for unfavorable
press coverage of a president.

Fox was the only news outlet in the study that came close to giving
Trump positive coverage overall, however, there was variation in the
tone of Fox’s coverage depending on the topic.'

<https://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-donald-trumps-first-100-days/?utm_source=POLITICO.EU&utm_campaign=ab6d830a9d>

There's the actual report. Feel free to provide quotes that agree with
the "American Thinker's" spin.

Carbon

May 19, 2017, 10:32:27 PM5/19/17
On 05/19/2017 09:58 PM, Dene wrote:

> CNN takes the lead. Not shocking to me.
>
> https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/26059-harvard-study-confirms-media-bias-against-trump

Speaking of bias. Maybe you should just read the study instead of relying on the spin from some far-right advocacy site.

Alan Baker

May 19, 2017, 10:38:40 PM5/19/17
On 2017-05-19 6:58 PM, Dene wrote:
You can be sure "The New American" will never mention this part of the
report they spun (and I apologize for my error as to the name):

'Never in the nation’s history has the country had a president with so
little fidelity to the facts, so little appreciation for the dignity of
the presidential office, and so little understanding of the
underpinnings of democracy.'

Alan Baker

May 19, 2017, 10:42:34 PM5/19/17
Greg is a perfect exemplar of "confirmation bias"...

:-)

B...@onramp.net

May 19, 2017, 10:44:16 PM5/19/17
On Fri, 19 May 2017 18:58:35 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
The article was about negativity, and the author equated that with
bias. The overwhelming negativity about Trump is because of his
absolute idiocy, his lies, his gaffes, his ego and above all his
inadequacy to fulfill the office of the President. Bias is generally
about preconditioned thoughts, not responses after actions. IMO the
media isn't as biased as they are reporting his inadequacies.

Alan Baker

May 19, 2017, 11:02:43 PM5/19/17
The media was just "biased" against Pol Pot...

...and Idi Amin...

...etc.

:-)

John B.

May 20, 2017, 12:57:18 PM5/20/17
On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:58:36 PM UTC-4, Dene wrote:
> CNN takes the lead. Not shocking to me.
>
> https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/26059-harvard-study-confirms-media-bias-against-trump

If you had read the study itself, you'd find that it does not assert that
"the media" have a liberal bias.

It says: "Although journalists are accused of having a liberal bias,
their real bias is a preference for the negative."

Dene

May 21, 2017, 12:37:43 PM5/21/17
It says: "Although journalists are accused of having a liberal bias,
their real bias is a preference for the negative."

Bingo! Disgusting as well.

Thank God for Fox News, who blend the negative and the positive in a balanced way.

B...@onramp.net

May 21, 2017, 1:27:01 PM5/21/17
On Sun, 21 May 2017 09:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
More biased BS.

Dene

May 21, 2017, 4:41:38 PM5/21/17
On Sun, 21 May 2017 09:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
More biased BS.

Yeah that's rich coming from the most unbiased person in here...

B...@onramp.net

May 21, 2017, 7:13:34 PM5/21/17
On Sun, 21 May 2017 13:41:36 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 21 May 2017 09:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>More biased BS.
>
>Yeah that's rich coming from the most unbiased person in here...

Thanks. That plus this posted to Moderate by you two days ago are
welcome compliments. :-)

>You have never had an honest discussion from the R.A.T. (resident
>asshole troll) and you never will. So why try...ignore IT. BK, Carbs,
>and John are honest and sincere.

Carbon

May 21, 2017, 11:30:44 PM5/21/17
Hahahahahahaa!!!!

MNMikeW

May 22, 2017, 10:00:55 AM5/22/17
LOL!! Says the guy who relies on spin from far-left advocacy sites.

Carbon

May 23, 2017, 1:51:54 AM5/23/17
Cite.

MNMikeW