another crooked Obama admin. practice comes tumbling down.

MNMikeW

Jun 7, 2017, 1:58:09 PM6/7/17

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/06/07/justice-department-ends-practice-of-paying-special-interest-settlements-with-taxpayer-money-n2337667

“When the federal government settles a case against a corporate
wrongdoer, any settlement funds should go first to the victims and then
to the American people— not to bankroll third-party special interest
groups or the political friends of whoever is in power,” Sessions said
in a statement. “Unfortunately, in recent years the Department of
Justice has sometimes required or encouraged defendants to make these
payments to third parties as a condition of settlement. With this
directive, we are ending this practice and ensuring that settlement
funds are only used to compensate victims, redress harm, and punish and
deter unlawful conduct.”

MNMikeW

Jun 7, 2017, 2:09:43 PM6/7/17

B...@onramp.net

Jun 7, 2017, 2:35:18 PM6/7/17
On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 13:09:41 -0500, MNMikeW <mnmi...@aol.com> wrote:

>MNMikeW wrote:
>>
>> https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/06/07/justice-department-ends-practice-of-paying-special-interest-settlements-with-taxpayer-money-n2337667
>>

>> “When the federal government settles a case against a corporate
>> wrongdoer, any settlement funds should go first to the victims and then
>> to the American people— not to bankroll third-party special interest
>> groups or the political friends of whoever is in power,” Sessions said
>> in a statement. “Unfortunately, in recent years the Department of
>> Justice has sometimes required or encouraged defendants to make these
>> payments to third parties as a condition of settlement. With this
>> directive, we are ending this practice and ensuring that settlement
>> funds are only used to compensate victims, redress harm, and punish and

According to the article it was arguable. Was this something that the
Obama administration introduced, or has it been done earlier? After
all Townhall.com is known to color politics to it's leanings.
Please note the word "allegedly" in the first paragraph.

MNMikeW

Jun 7, 2017, 2:45:37 PM6/7/17
B...@Onramp.net wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 13:09:41 -0500, MNMikeW<mnmi...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> MNMikeW wrote:
>>>
>>> https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/06/07/justice-department-ends-practice-of-paying-special-interest-settlements-with-taxpayer-money-n2337667
>>>

>>> “When the federal government settles a case against a corporate
>>> wrongdoer, any settlement funds should go first to the victims and then
>>> to the American people— not to bankroll third-party special interest
>>> groups or the political friends of whoever is in power,” Sessions said
>>> in a statement. “Unfortunately, in recent years the Department of
>>> Justice has sometimes required or encouraged defendants to make these
>>> payments to third parties as a condition of settlement. With this
>>> directive, we are ending this practice and ensuring that settlement
>>> funds are only used to compensate victims, redress harm, and punish and
>
> According to the article it was arguable. Was this something that the
> Obama administration introduced, or has it been done earlier? After
> all Townhall.com is known to color politics to it's leanings.

I believe this started in 2015.

>>> deter unlawful conduct.”
>>
>> And the hits keep coming..
>>
>> http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/07/fast-and-furious-report-slams-holder-doj-for-deception-in-gun-running-scandal.html
>
> Please note the word "allegedly" in the first paragraph.

Perhaps it's time for Trump to unseal these records.

John B.

Jun 7, 2017, 4:19:26 PM6/7/17
A) Jeff Sessions is an idiot
B) Townhall is not a trustworthy source
C) Obama isn't president anymore

MNMikeW

Jun 7, 2017, 4:22:44 PM6/7/17
Your opinion
> B) Townhall is not a trustworthy source
LOL. More trustworthy than CNN.
> C) Obama isn't president anymore
Thank fucking God.

B...@onramp.net

Jun 7, 2017, 5:11:37 PM6/7/17
Compared to who is in the White House he's a genius.

B...@onramp.net

Jun 7, 2017, 6:47:20 PM6/7/17
On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 15:22:42 -0500, MNMikeW <mnmi...@aol.com> wrote:

<Clip>
>John B. wrote:
>> A) Jeff Sessions is an idiot
> Your opinion

Do you know his background Mike? Pretty seedy.

-hh

Jun 7, 2017, 6:58:40 PM6/7/17
MNMikeW wrote:
> I believe this started in 2015.

The article you cited says that the one group has been complaining about the practice
since 2010, so Mike's "2015" is definitely wrong.

And since these things take some time to develop patterns of abuse, it seems very
likely that if complaints didn't start until 2010 thst its genesis must have been substantially
earlier ... which makes it a pretty safe bet that it could have been pre-Obama.

So how about finding is a good literary cite for its pre-2010 start, with clear attributions?
Thanks!

-hh

Dene

Jun 7, 2017, 6:58:55 PM6/7/17
Saintly compared to the two previous idiots that Obama appointed.

B...@onramp.net

Jun 7, 2017, 7:33:09 PM6/7/17
So you do know his background? Start with his lying about Russian
correspondence and then having to recuse himself from the
investigation of such. Then go back to Alabama in the 50s.

Dene

Jun 7, 2017, 8:30:22 PM6/7/17
So you do know his background? Start with his lying about Russian
correspondence and then having to recuse himself from the
investigation of such. Then go back to Alabama in the 50s.

I do know his background and that he took the highroad with the recusal. As for the 50s, you are aware that that was 60 years ago and the people change as does society.

Carbon

Jun 7, 2017, 9:06:23 PM6/7/17
I live in the South. Older white people of a certain age... yeah, not so much.

Sessions does not know what a moral high road would look like. He recused himself after he got caught lying, and then inserted himself into the disastrous decision to get rid of Comey.

But don't worry. It's all going to come out in the end (tomorrow).

B...@onramp.net

Jun 7, 2017, 9:20:13 PM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 17:30:21 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com> wrote:

>So you do know his background? Start with his lying about Russian
>correspondence and then having to recuse himself from the
>investigation of such. Then go back to Alabama in the 50s.
>
>I do know his background and that he took the highroad with the recusal.

LOL. What else could he do? He lied.

>As for the 50s, you are aware that that was 60 years ago and the people change as does society.

I don't think he's changed, just hiding his true feelings.

Dene

Jun 7, 2017, 10:27:36 PM6/7/17
I live in the South. Older white people of a certain age... yeah, not so much.

My grandmother was from Florida. The stuff she would say…

Sessions does not know what a moral high road would look like. He recused himself after he got caught lying, and then inserted himself into the disastrous decision to get rid of Comey.

But don't worry. It's all going to come out in the end (tomorrow).

I'm going to take a page out of the RAT's playbook...

LOLOLOLOLOL

:-)

Dene

Jun 7, 2017, 10:29:35 PM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 17:30:21 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com> wrote:

>So you do know his background? Start with his lying about Russian
>correspondence and then having to recuse himself from the
>investigation of such. Then go back to Alabama in the 50s.
>
>I do know his background and that he took the highroad with the recusal.

LOL. What else could he do? He lied.

BS. He left out a brief encounter. BFD

>As for the 50s, you are aware that that was 60 years ago and the people change as does society.

I don't think he's changed, just hiding his true feelings.

Any basis of fact for this opinion or should I accept it as gospel?

John B.

Jun 7, 2017, 10:42:10 PM6/7/17
Jeff Sessions is a racist, right-wing extremist who is completely unqualified to be AG.

John B.

Jun 7, 2017, 10:44:12 PM6/7/17
How about the 80s when he was denied a federal judgeship because of the way he treated black people?

John B.

Jun 7, 2017, 10:45:23 PM6/7/17
Two encounters that were not brief. He lied.

B...@onramp.net

Jun 7, 2017, 11:10:10 PM6/7/17
Who's the name caller Greg?

>LOLOLOLOLOL
>
>:-)

B...@onramp.net

Jun 7, 2017, 11:15:13 PM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 19:29:34 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 17:30:21 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>So you do know his background? Start with his lying about Russian
>>correspondence and then having to recuse himself from the
>>investigation of such. Then go back to Alabama in the 50s.
>>
>>I do know his background and that he took the highroad with the recusal.
>
>LOL. What else could he do? He lied.
>
>BS. He left out a brief encounter. BFD

He lied. Period. That's a BFD to anyone.

>>As for the 50s, you are aware that that was 60 years ago and the people change as does society.
>
>I don't think he's changed, just hiding his true feelings.
>
>Any basis of fact for this opinion or should I accept it as gospel?

You admit it was opinion, why would you ask that question?

toms...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2017, 11:19:15 PM6/8/17
Right: don't you know that "allegedly" is there to protect Fox, not Holder?