OT: "Reality 2"

Alan Baker

Jun 10, 2017, 8:37:39 PM6/10/17
'For Reality 2, the most serious concern is not that a foreign power
interfered in the 2016 election, nor that the President may have
committed obstruction of justice — which was part of the impeachment
charges against both Nixon (which he ducked by resigning) and
Clinton — but government employees leaking information on these and
other topics to the media.'

<https://arcdigital.media/what-happened-in-the-comey-hearing-depends-on-your-reality-e3c270ab6857>

'Of course, Comey did have a problem with what Lynch told him to do,
saying it “confused me and concerned me.” He didn’t follow Lynch’s
request, continuing to use the term “investigation.” And Comey was so
concerned Lynch undermined the credibility of the Justice
Department — both with this request, and by talking to Bill Clinton on
the tarmac at the Phoenix airport in June 2016 — that he felt he had to
take the unusual step of publicly commenting on an FBI investigation.

But none of that exists in Reality 2. (Or, rather, the Lynch-Clinton
airport meeting exists — and is really bad — but Comey’s reaction to it
doesn’t).

I haven’t seen anyone defending Lynch’s directive — it’s clearly
inappropriate — but if Obama fired Comey for refusing to follow it, it
would be a much bigger deal. And, like the rest of Reality 1, I’m much
more concerned with a big accusation against people currently in power
than a small one against people who no longer have any.'