OT: "Burying the lede"..

Alan Baker

Jun 6, 2017, 1:06:50 PM6/6/17
I saw this in another group, and I thought you wingnuts should see it too:

'Others mentioned potential conflicts with clients of their firms, such
as financial institutions that have already received subpoenas relating
to potential money-laundering issues that are part of the investigation.'

<https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-law-firms-turned-requests-represent-trump-122423972.html>

For an investigation you claim is "fake"—and somehow blame on the
Democrats despite it being carried out by an FBI formerly led (until the
orange idiot fired him for it) by a Republican director, there's an
awful lot of "there" there.

:-)

B...@onramp.net

Jun 6, 2017, 1:26:29 PM6/6/17
On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 10:06:48 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:
One quote about lawyers turning down Trump's case that got a laugh
from me was " The guy won’t pay and he won’t listen.’”

Alan Baker

Jun 6, 2017, 1:31:36 PM6/6/17
This article is pretty good, too:

'The result is that Trump is trying to use his divorce attorney Marc
Kasowitz to represent him in a counterintelligence investigation that
has the highest political stakes. And that’s an eighth reason why the
big firms won’t touch the case. Mike Allen explains:

He’s stuck with a guy who specializes in pre-nuptial agreements and who
represented him in his Trump University fraud cases.

"The president’s chief lawyer now in charge of the case is Marc E.
Kasowitz, a tough New York civil litigator who for years has
aggressively represented Trump in multiple business and public relations
disputes — often with threats of countersuits and menacing public
statements — but who has little experience dealing with complex
congressional and Justice Department investigations that are inevitably
influenced by media coverage and public opinion."'

<http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/06/06/why-no-lawyers-will-represent-trump/>