European diplomats reportedly consider Trump a 'laughing stock' who is 'obsessed with Obama'

Carbon

Aug 9, 2017, 10:28:00 PM8/9/17

The diplomats' views of Trump reflect the opinions of European citizens, 79% of whom said in a Pew Research Center poll released in June that they have "no confidence" in the new US president.

European diplomats also told BuzzFeed that they think Trump's foreign policy doctrine is driven primarily "an obsession" with undoing former President Barack Obama's initiatives.

"It's his only real position," one official said. "He will ask: 'Did Obama approve this?' And if the answer is affirmative, he will say: 'We don't.'"

The official added: "He won't even want to listen to the arguments or have a debate. He is obsessed with Obama."

https://goo.gl/fPmURD

B...@onramp.net

Aug 9, 2017, 10:53:18 PM8/9/17
IMO they got it right in every area.

MNMikeW

Aug 10, 2017, 9:58:48 AM8/10/17
Unnamed diplomats telling Buzzfeed. LOL!

Alan Baker

Aug 10, 2017, 12:01:44 PM8/10/17
Keep denying, Mikey. It really is all you have left.

Dene

Aug 10, 2017, 12:23:29 PM8/10/17
IMO they got it right in every area.

Shocker.

Alan Baker

Aug 10, 2017, 12:24:21 PM8/10/17
What did they get wrong, Greg?

Dene

Aug 10, 2017, 12:47:27 PM8/10/17
Yeah.. more circle jerking Trump hate. Not worth my time.

Alan Baker

Aug 10, 2017, 12:52:31 PM8/10/17
On 2017-08-10 9:47 AM, Dene wrote:
> Yeah.. more circle jerking Trump hate. Not worth my time.

You can't admit that Trump is precisely what he comes across as, can you?

Tell me one aspect of Trump that impresses you.

Just one.

B...@onramp.net

Aug 10, 2017, 12:57:48 PM8/10/17
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 09:52:28 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:
That would be interesting.

Alan Baker

Aug 10, 2017, 1:10:35 PM8/10/17
But he'll duck it... ...because apparently who asks a question is more
important than what the question is.

:-)

Dene

Aug 10, 2017, 3:48:32 PM8/10/17
wrote:

>On 2017-08-10 9:47 AM, Dene wrote:
>> Yeah.. more circle jerking Trump hate. Not worth my time.
>>

>You can't admit that Trump is precisely what he comes across as, can you?
>
>Tell me one aspect of Trump that impresses you.
>
>Just one.

That would be interesting.

His policies.
If you want to discuss further, then address me, independent of the RAT's bait.

John B.

Aug 10, 2017, 4:47:27 PM8/10/17
Are you going to argue that Trump is popular with foreign diplomats or just sneer at people who say he isn't?

Dene

Aug 10, 2017, 5:02:31 PM8/10/17
Are you going to argue that Trump is popular with foreign diplomats or just sneer at people who say he isn't?

Don't care.

-hh

Aug 10, 2017, 5:23:18 PM8/10/17
On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 3:48:32 PM UTC-4, Dene wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 09:52:28 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On 2017-08-10 9:47 AM, Dene wrote:
> >> Yeah.. more circle jerking Trump hate. Not worth my time.
> >>

> >You can't admit that Trump is precisely what he comes across as, can you?
> >
> >Tell me one aspect of Trump that impresses you.
> >
> >Just one.
>
> That would be interesting.
>
> His policies.

If you refuse to pick one, one will be picked for you to defend.

Going once...

-hh

B...@onramp.net

Aug 10, 2017, 5:54:34 PM8/10/17
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 12:48:30 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
There's no reason to discuss it. His policies are terrible. I can't
think of one with which I agree.

Environment....awful. Rolled back safety on several issues.
cancelled protection for endangered species (whales, dolphins, turtles
and others. Reversed some policies regarding Federal parks.

Economy...He takes credit where it isn't due. All of those companies
that he said he saved? Most left and others were scheduled earlier.

Taxes. His first plan was terrible and will never pass. He leans to
the 1% in almost every thing he proposes.

His cabinet , assignments and staff.

He is draining the swamp....with most of his initial appointments
thank goodness. What's left and being discussed for those places are
just like his cabinet, full of conflict of interest.

Immigration.....stupid. The wall will never be built as he promised
before his election. Mexico isn't paying but he keeps saying they
will.

Foreign :Policy....stinks. He's hated across the world and is putting
it in danger of destruction. Don't even mention Syria, just a pimple.

Healthcare....enough said. Obamacare is still there. The only hope
is that they make fixes to it.

Personal. He's the biggest joke in the world. He has no credibility,
honesty, morals and backbone. He's going to ruin the GOP. I know
that you only read far right media, but there are good ones in MSM.

There are others but I'm tired. I didn't get to the immeasurable lies.

You still haven't come up with one good point that he has.

B...@onramp.net

Aug 10, 2017, 5:56:05 PM8/10/17
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 14:02:29 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Are you going to argue that Trump is popular with foreign diplomats or just sneer at people who say he isn't?
>
>Don't care.

That's the way you voted.

Alan Baker

Aug 10, 2017, 6:52:43 PM8/10/17
On 2017-08-10 12:48 PM, Dene wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 09:52:28 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-08-10 9:47 AM, Dene wrote:
>>> Yeah.. more circle jerking Trump hate. Not worth my time.
>>>

>> You can't admit that Trump is precisely what he comes across as, can you?
>>
>> Tell me one aspect of Trump that impresses you.
>>
>> Just one.
>
> That would be interesting.
>
> His policies.

His polices aren't an aspect of Trump.

Dene

Aug 10, 2017, 7:09:40 PM8/10/17

wrote:
There's no reason to discuss it. His policies are terrible. I can't
think of one with which I agree with.

Shocker...

B...@onramp.net

Aug 10, 2017, 8:29:54 PM8/10/17
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 16:09:37 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

The shockers are:
You still haven't come up with one good point that he has.
I listed several areas in which he's been a terrible POTUS and I don't
think that you can argue them.

Wake up.

Dene

Aug 10, 2017, 8:33:31 PM8/10/17
wrote:

>wrote:
>There's no reason to discuss it. His policies are terrible. I can't
>think of one with which I agree with.
>
>Shocker...

The shockers are:
You still haven't come up with one good point that he has.
I listed several areas in which he's been a terrible POTUS and I don't
think that you can argue them.

Wake up.

You said it yourself. There is no reason to discuss it.
I agree.

Carbon

Aug 10, 2017, 9:34:56 PM8/10/17
On 08/10/2017 03:48 PM, Dene wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 09:52:28 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>> On 2017-08-10 9:47 AM, Dene wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah.. more circle jerking Trump hate. Not worth my time.
>>
>> You can't admit that Trump is precisely what he comes across as, can you?
>>
>> Tell me one aspect of Trump that impresses you.
>>
>> Just one.
>
> That would be interesting.
>
> His policies.

If these "policies" involved anything other than celebrity, titties or money, they came from someone else.

Carbon

Aug 10, 2017, 9:39:19 PM8/10/17
I guess it beats trying to defend the indefensible.

Dene

Aug 10, 2017, 10:23:07 PM8/10/17
Or reason with brick walls.

Alan Baker

Aug 10, 2017, 11:20:41 PM8/10/17
You just don't realize: you're the brick wall, Greg.

You have literally NOTHING to say about what makes Trump the PERSON a
good choice for president.

He has no morals...

...no self-control...

...and he's not bright.

Dene

Aug 10, 2017, 11:52:30 PM8/10/17
My vote was for his signature in regards to the Republican agenda and he being the lesser of two evils.

DumbedDownUSA

Aug 11, 2017, 5:08:48 AM8/11/17
What is the republican agenda Greg? Whatever Trump says it is?

--
Trump ***Irresponsible, unprofessional and sending the wrong message.***

Carbon

Aug 11, 2017, 7:47:36 AM8/11/17
Trump doesn't know or care about the Republican agenda. He used to claim to be a Democrat when it suited him.

-hh

Aug 11, 2017, 8:50:21 AM8/11/17
So then, let's talk about the actual platforms the parties ran on,
and since Greg is avoiding picking one example out, it is now
being picked for him.

The topic is the Environment, and more specifically, the Endangered
Species Act (ESA).

Here's the official 2016 Republican Platform:

<https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf>

And here's the official 2016 Democratic Platform:

<http://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.democrats.org/Downloads/2016_DNC_Platform.pdf>

-----

The chore: compare & contrast, illustrating through citations,
just what are the differences in policy objectives and including
those elements which are being ignored, glossed over, denied, etc.

For example:

(R-pg19):
"Because we believe states can best promote economic growth while
protecting the environment, Congress should give authority to
state regulators to manage energy resources on federally controlled
public lands within their respective borders."

(R-pg20):
"We believe that people are the most valuable resources and that
human health and safety are the proper measurements of a policy’s
success. We assert that private ownership has been the best
guarantee of conscientious stewardship..."

Both of the above are trying to claim that delegation to the
lowest levels are inherently better for the Environment, but
humanity has thousands of examples of the opposite where the
motivation for personal profit results in exploitation of
coal miners' safety & health, etc: humanity's default behavior
is effectively to shit where we eat.

(R-pg22):
"The ESA should ensure that the listing of endangered species
and the designation of critical habitats are based upon sound
science and balance the protection of endangered species with
the costs of compliance and the rights of property owners.
Instead, over the last few decades, the ESA has stunted economic
development, halted the construction of projects, burdened
landowners, and has been used to pursue policy goals inconsistent
with the ESA — all with little to no success in the actual
recovery of species. For example, we oppose the listing of the
lesser prairie chicken and the potential listing of the sage
grouse. Neither species has been shown to be in actual danger
and the listings threaten to devastate farmers, ranchers, and
oil and gas production."

Selected because the claim is made here that science should be
making these determinations, yet it then claims that the Lesser
Prairie Chicken shouldn't be listed - - but its own Wiki page
clearly states its conservation status as 'threatened':

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_prairie_chicken>

Which means that the Platform's claim is false, despite their
claim that they value science-based decisions.

Plus it is also quite well known that from a lifecycle standpoint
it is invariably cheaper to anticipate and minimize small problems
before they become big ones ... ie, before a species has become
so depleted that it is circling the drain on extinction. For
a case study example of denial & waiting too long, consider the
California Condor:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_condor>

Because their threatened status was effectively denied for so long
(in 1987, the total worldwide population minimum was only 22 birds),
the recovery cost is currently at $35M (and counting) and today's
solutions now also include restrictions on all private hunters
within its habitat zone (can no longer use conventional lead bullets).

In summary, this platform is trying to say "the hell with the Public
Interest ever doing a 'stitch in time' when this might possibly
constrain private interests (profits) today", and the irony is that
this is actually the opposite of practicing good fiscal conservatism.
And this is just one example of what Greg professes to support.

-hh

B...@onramp.net

Aug 11, 2017, 9:33:35 AM8/11/17
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 20:52:26 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 14:02:29 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Are you going to argue that Trump is popular with foreign diplomats or just sneer at people who say he isn't?
>>
>>Don't care.
>
>That's the way you voted.
>
>My vote was for his signature in regards to the Republican agenda

How's that working now? They're at odds.
100 days, remember?

>and he being the lesser of two evils.

She couldn't have been worse than what we've seen for over seven
months.

B...@onramp.net

Aug 11, 2017, 2:19:10 PM8/11/17
Greg posts that if I want a discussion to post directly to him. I
did, and gave several of my opinions. There's no rebuttal so you must
be correct.

Alan Baker

Aug 11, 2017, 2:21:25 PM8/11/17
He'll tell you that because I was involved further up the thread (with
completely valid and civil remarks, mind!) that he's not willing to engage.

John B.

Aug 11, 2017, 3:25:13 PM8/11/17
Greg's rebuttals tend to consist of two words, e.g., Trump hate,
butt-hurt, or don't care.

-hh

Aug 11, 2017, 3:30:07 PM8/11/17
Or: "too long"

-hh

B...@onramp.net

Aug 11, 2017, 4:00:26 PM8/11/17
Remember Jack Nicholson's famous line in "A Few Good Men"? That's
Greg.

Dene

Aug 11, 2017, 5:14:17 PM8/11/17
Remember the Don Henley song....Get Over It.

I turn on the tube and what do I see
A whole lotta people cryin' "Don't blame me"
They point their crooked little fingers at everybody else
Spend all their time feelin' sorry for themselves
Victim of this, victim of that
Your momma's too thin and your daddy's too fat

Get over it
Get over it
All this whinin' and cryin' and pitchin' a fit
Get over it, get over it

You say you haven't been the same since you had your little crash
But you might feel better if I gave you some cash
The more I think about it, Old Billy was right
Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight
You don't want to work, you want to live like a king
But the big, bad world doesn't owe you a thing

Get over it
Get over it
If you don't want to play, then you might as well split
Get over it, Get over it

It's like going to confession every time I hear you speak
You're makin' the most of your losin' streak
Some call it sick, but I call it weak

You drag it around like a ball and chain
You wallow in the guilt; you wallow in the pain
You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown
Got your mind in the gutter, bringin' everybody down
Bitch about the present and blame it on the past
I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little ass

Get over it
Get over it
All this bitchin' and moanin' and pitchin' a fit
Get over it, get over it

Get over it
Get over it
It's gotta stop sometime, so why don't you quit
Get over it, get over it

Alan Baker

Aug 11, 2017, 5:27:43 PM8/11/17
It describes Trump to perfection.

Carbon

Aug 11, 2017, 7:54:16 PM8/11/17
What else is he going to say? It's not like he can defend his position on its merits.

Dene

Aug 11, 2017, 8:01:33 PM8/11/17
What else is he going to say? It's not like he can defend his position on its merits.

You enjoy wasting your time?

-hh

Aug 11, 2017, 8:02:56 PM8/11/17
Well, he could point to those elements in the Democratic platform on the
Environment and ESA that he finds as even more offensive than the Republican's
points, particularly if he's able to articulate his rationale for why they're worse policy.

-hh