OT: Brennan on the record

Alan Baker

May 23, 2017, 12:55:17 PM5/23/17
'Brennan, testifying to the House of Representatives Intelligence
Committee, said it became clear last summer that Russia was trying to
interfere in the presidential election, and that he warned the head of
Russia's FSB security service that such interference would hurt U.S. ties.

"It should be clear to everyone Russia brazenly interfered in our 2016
presidential election process and that they undertook these activities
despite our strong protests and explicit warning that they do not do
so," Brennan said.

Republican Representative Trey Gowdy asked Brennan, "Did you see
evidence of collusion, coordination and conspiracy between Donald Trump
and Russian state actors?"

"I saw information and intelligence that was worthy of investigation by
the bureau (FBI) to determine whether or not such cooperation or
collusion was taking place," Brennan replied. "I encountered and am
aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and
interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the
Trump campaign," he added.'

<http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN18J2DE>

Just to remind you wingnuts, this is not some outsider testifying about
things he may have heard in passing.

This is the guy who was in charge of the CIA AT THE TIME OF THE
ELECTION, and he says:

"I saw information and intelligence that was worthy of investigation by
the bureau (FBI) to determine whether or not such cooperation or
collusion was taking place," Brennan replied. "I encountered and am
aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and
interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the
Trump campaign,"

Laugh that off, wingnuts.

Can you call that "fake news"?