The Speech

Dene

Feb 28, 2017, 11:59:01 PM2/28/17
I thought the content and delivery was excellent. I was both saddened and amused by the butthurt on the left side. I'm glad that many wore white. It made their intolerant unpatriotic behavior more evident. Hopefully Americans will notice and in two years, they'll be even less of that ilk present in that chamber.

George Stephanopoulos did a nice job of reporting.

-Greg

Alan Baker

Mar 1, 2017, 2:44:13 AM3/1/17
I thought that what he said didn't matter to you...

Moderate

Mar 1, 2017, 6:18:34 AM3/1/17
Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
No, what you say does not matter.

Carbon

Mar 1, 2017, 7:19:45 AM3/1/17
On 02/28/2017 11:58 PM, Dene wrote:

> I thought the content and delivery was excellent. I was both saddened
> and amused by the butthurt on the left side. I'm glad that many wore
> white. It made their intolerant unpatriotic behavior more evident.
> Hopefully Americans will notice and in two years, they'll be even less
> of that ilk present in that chamber.

It will be a minor miracle if Trump is still in office in two years.

Dene

Mar 1, 2017, 9:31:11 AM3/1/17

Dene

Mar 1, 2017, 9:31:37 AM3/1/17

Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
No, what you say does not matter.
--

Amen!

MNMikeW

Mar 1, 2017, 10:30:58 AM3/1/17
LOL!!! The butthurt is strong with this one.

MNMikeW

Mar 1, 2017, 10:35:00 AM3/1/17
Dene wrote:
> More examples of unpatriotic, partisan behavior.
>
> http://www.dailywire.com/news/13970/awful-top-democrats-refuse-stand-clap-navy-seal-ben-shapiro

Petulant little crybabies.

Alan Baker

Mar 1, 2017, 11:36:46 AM3/1/17
On 2017-03-01 6:31 AM, Dene wrote:
> More examples of unpatriotic, partisan behavior.
>
> http://www.dailywire.com/news/13970/awful-top-democrats-refuse-stand-clap-navy-seal-ben-shapiro

You mean the officer who died in a raid that Trump is now trying to say
he wasn't responsible for?

Moderate

Mar 1, 2017, 12:11:13 PM3/1/17
Dene <gds...@aol.com> Wrote in message:
> I thought the content and delivery was excellent. I was both saddened and amused by the butthurt on the left side. I'm glad that many wore white. It made their intolerant unpatriotic behavior more evident. Hopefully Americans will notice and in two years, they'll be even less of that ilk present in that chamber.
>
> George Stephanopoulos did a nice job of reporting.
>
> -Greg

Dow over 21000.

Carbon

Mar 1, 2017, 12:54:38 PM3/1/17
Have you ever had an original thought in your life?

MNMikeW

Mar 1, 2017, 1:14:21 PM3/1/17
You ever tire of being a crybaby?

Bob...@onramp.net

Mar 1, 2017, 1:27:05 PM3/1/17
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 20:58:59 -0800 (PST), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

>I thought the content and delivery was excellent. I was both saddened and amused by
>the butthurt on the left side. I'm glad that many wore white. It made their intolerant unpatriotic
>behavior more evident. Hopefully Americans will notice and in two years, they'll be even
>less of that ilk present in that chamber.

You have bizarre thinking about patriotism. Every Presidential speech
I've seen given to Congress the opposition has sit on their hands.
That isn't unpatriotic, it's the First Amendment.

Alan Baker

Mar 1, 2017, 1:28:03 PM3/1/17
You haven't learned Greg's rule yet:

If the Dems do it, it's unpatriotic.

Bob...@onramp.net

Mar 1, 2017, 1:48:12 PM3/1/17
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 06:31:09 -0800 (PST), Dene <gds...@aol.com> wrote:

>More examples of unpatriotic, partisan behavior.
>
>http://www.dailywire.com/news/13970/awful-top-democrats-refuse-stand-clap-navy-seal-ben-shapiro

Read it again Greg. The headline didn't tell the whole story. Then
google "The Daily Wire" just look at its history for truth.

Bob...@onramp.net

Mar 1, 2017, 2:33:06 PM3/1/17
Nicer rhetoric and tone, just the same promises but no answers as to
how he can deliver.

Dene

Mar 1, 2017, 3:05:20 PM3/1/17

You would think that would be put aside when it's time to honor the widow of a fallen warrior. But Pelosi and company cater to their 25% liberal and in doing so, lose the independents.

All good.

Alan Baker

Mar 1, 2017, 3:09:11 PM3/1/17
You mean like the honour Trump showed by trying to shift blame for her
husband's death to anyone but himself?

> All good.

Alan Baker

Mar 1, 2017, 3:09:38 PM3/1/17
On 2017-03-01 11:33 AM, Bob...@Onramp.net wrote:
> Nicer rhetoric and tone, just the same promises but no answers as to
> how he can deliver.

Just a couple of days ago, Greg said:

"It's not what he says..."

MNMikeW

Mar 1, 2017, 3:44:15 PM3/1/17
So Trump was the one who killed him then? Is Obama responsible for all
the deaths that occurred on his watch? Yes or no.

Carbon

Mar 1, 2017, 4:17:45 PM3/1/17
Once again I have been slayed by your tremendous wit.

Carbon

Mar 1, 2017, 4:22:50 PM3/1/17
...it's what he does. And if what he does is stupid, at least he means
well. Of course there's no plausible basis for that one, but we can still
buh-leeve, can't we?

Dene

Mar 1, 2017, 4:36:34 PM3/1/17
It was words....nicely packaged and Presidential....just like Obama every year for 8 long years. The distinction with this President is that there is effort and action associated with these words.

-Greg

Carbon

Mar 1, 2017, 4:40:53 PM3/1/17

Dene

Mar 1, 2017, 5:30:44 PM3/1/17
arbon
Did you watch the speech just rely on what
MSLSD told you?

recscub...@huntzinger.com

Mar 1, 2017, 5:32:12 PM3/1/17
Within certain constraints, the Commander who gives the
order is _always_ responsible, Good or Bad.

The constraints come from the situation that the CiC inherits
from his predecessor. For example, when Obama took office,
there were ~140,000 US troops in Iraq:

<http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/21/world/meast/chart-us-troops-iraq/index.html>

and one can't simply wave a magic wand to extract them. So
while a 2008 campaign promise was to bring the troops home,
doing so took time (+trying to secure/consolidate/stabilize)
and during that time there were subsequent causalities which
are philosophically differentiated from those incurred back
in 2003- when Bush deliberatively initiated the conflict, for
the simple reason that Obama had not been the initiator of
the deployment...they were already in harm's way.

-hh

Bob...@onramp.net

Mar 1, 2017, 5:32:24 PM3/1/17
Not the issue Mike. This issue has nothing to do with the deaths, Just
the order for the raid. Obama was responsible for his actions. Trump
blamed his generals.

Bob...@onramp.net

Mar 1, 2017, 5:35:40 PM3/1/17
Really? What effort and action yet? Just campaign promises repeated.

>-Greg

Carbon

Mar 1, 2017, 6:27:03 PM3/1/17
On 03/01/2017 05:30 PM, Dene wrote:
> arbon
>
>> If there was it wasn't by Trump.
>>
>> http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all
>
> Did you watch the speech just rely on what MSLSD told you?

I don't keep up with extremist acronyms. What is MSLSD?

MNMikeW

Mar 1, 2017, 6:34:45 PM3/1/17
He prefers Salon.

Moderate

Mar 1, 2017, 6:41:26 PM3/1/17
Bob...@Onramp.net Wrote in message:
Like the Benghazi video?

Such a liar.

Bob...@onramp.net

Mar 1, 2017, 6:56:55 PM3/1/17
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 17:41:23 -0600 (CST), Moderate <nos...@nomail.com>
wrote:
So now you don't think he was held responsible, or you just can't
comprehend English?

Alan Baker

Mar 1, 2017, 6:58:32 PM3/1/17
He's trying to suggest that it wasn't his call...

...when it was.

John B.

Mar 1, 2017, 7:28:20 PM3/1/17
Anyone who thinks that speech was well-written or well-delivered
has very low standards indeed.

John B.

Mar 1, 2017, 7:31:09 PM3/1/17
Trump has never taken responsibility for any bad decision or
failure and he never will. It's always someone else's fault.
He said he "inherited a mess," which is bullshit. Obama
inherited a mess and instead of whining about it he cleaned
it up.

Dene

Mar 1, 2017, 8:32:08 PM3/1/17
Maddow's network.

Dene

Mar 1, 2017, 8:56:35 PM3/1/17

Nicer rhetoric and tone, just the same promises but no answers as to
how he can deliver.

------------

He delivers with congressional support. Republicans and hopefully reasonable Democrats hashing out and proposing a bill for him to sign. That takes time.

No State of the Union address has fine details. They are designed to give a broad view and promote hope...specially to the core and independents. There are haters who will never give him any credit and by in large they should be ignored. They represent a fringe minority of our great country. They don't even represent reasonable Democrats. I'm speaking specifically of Pelosi, Pocahontas, MSLSD, Hollywood and the Spew.

By the way, hope you saw Lala Land. I wasted my time seeing Moonlight. A truly awful movie. Race was the only reason that movie won best picture.

Carbon

Mar 1, 2017, 8:59:15 PM3/1/17
On 03/01/2017 07:31 PM, John B. wrote:

> Trump has never taken responsibility for any bad decision or
> failure and he never will. It's always someone else's fault.
> He said he "inherited a mess," which is bullshit. Obama
> inherited a mess and instead of whining about it he cleaned
> it up.

Truth.

Dene

Mar 1, 2017, 9:33:21 PM3/1/17
The majority of Americans who watched it disagree with you. Get used to it. People who are avowed Trump haters are becoming a fringe minority.

-Greg

Bob...@onramp.net

Mar 1, 2017, 10:00:24 PM3/1/17
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 17:56:34 -0800 (PST), Dene <gds...@aol.com> wrote:

>Nicer rhetoric and tone, just the same promises but no answers as to
>how he can deliver.
>
>------------
>
>He delivers with congressional support. Republicans and hopefully reasonable Democrats hashing out
>and proposing a bill for him to sign. That takes time.

It also takes intelligent propositions, few so far have that. However,
He's backing off of some of the questionable areas.

>No State of the Union address has fine details.

This wasn't a State of the Union Speech, which historically is given
after a POTUS has been in office for a year, noting the current
administration's efforts and accomplishments. Trump's speech was
an "Address to a Joint Session of Congress" and was more like a rehash
of his campaign promises.

>They are designed to give a broad view and promote hope
>specially to the core and independents. There are haters who will never give him any credit and
>by in large they should be ignored. They represent a fringe minority of our great country.
>They don't even represent reasonable Democrats. I'm speaking specifically of Pelosi, Pocahontas, MSLSD,
>Hollywood and the Spew.
>
>By the way, hope you saw Lala Land. I wasted my time seeing Moonlight.
>A truly awful movie. Race was the only reason that movie won best picture.

I imagine the script and acting had something to do with that. No, I
haven't seen either, but looking forward to LaLa Land.

MNMikeW

Mar 2, 2017, 10:40:58 AM3/2/17
NOBODY was held responsible for Benghazi. They chose to concoct a bogus
video story to pass on to the rubes.

MNMikeW

Mar 2, 2017, 10:41:56 AM3/2/17
John B. wrote:

>> Not the issue Mike. This issue has nothing to do with the deaths, Just
>> the order for the raid. Obama was responsible for his actions. Trump
>> blamed his generals.
>
> Trump has never taken responsibility for any bad decision or
> failure and he never will. It's always someone else's fault.
> He said he "inherited a mess," which is bullshit. Obama
> inherited a mess and instead of whining about it he cleaned
> it up.

Oh he whined about it. Repeatedly.

John B.

Mar 2, 2017, 3:20:41 PM3/2/17
If he had, you would have provided evidence.