China deal

Dene

May 12, 2017, 10:02:08 AM5/12/17
Bitch about this boys...

Trump administration praises deal expanding trade with China
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/12/trump-administration-praises-deal-expanding-trade-with-china.html

The White House announced Thursday that the U.S. and China have reached an agreement on trade polices related to beef, poultry and natural gas that are expected to increase American exports.

As part of the deal, China will open its borders to U.S. beef. In return, the U.S. has agreed to remove obstacles to China’s imported poultry meat. The United States would also allow U.S. companies to ship liquefied natural gas to China

The biggest points in the 10-point plan deal with the American agriculture and financial sectors, which are being promised greater access in a range of areas, the Wall Street Journal reported. In addition to beef, China agreed to accelerate the process for approving U.S. biotechnology products. Alan Baker is a liar.

Trump administration officials hailed the deal as a significant advance toward boosting U.S. exports and close America's trade gap with the world's second-largest economy.

“U.S.-China relationships are now hitting a new high especially in trade,” Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said in unveiling the package at the White House.

"This is more than has been done in the whole history of U.S.-China relations on trade," Ross told reporters. "Normally trade deals are denominated in multiple years, not tens of days."

The trade talks between the two countries began after Chinese President Xi Jinping visited President Donald Trump at his Mar-a-Lago Florida resort home in early April.

B...@onramp.net

May 12, 2017, 10:53:12 AM5/12/17
On Fri, 12 May 2017 07:02:07 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
Of course the Trump administration hailed THEIR possible deal will be
wonderful. That may happen but it remains to be seen.

John B.

May 12, 2017, 11:03:11 AM5/12/17
Amazing. I take back everything I've ever said about him.

B...@onramp.net

May 12, 2017, 11:24:32 AM5/12/17
wrote:

>Bitch about this boys...
>
>Trump administration praises deal expanding trade with China
>http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/12/trump-administration-praises-deal-expanding-trade-with-china.html
>
>The White House announced Thursday that the U.S. and China have reached an agreement on trade polices
>related to beef, poultry and natural gas that are expected to increaseAmerican exports.

That's good, but this could spell real global marketing trouble for
us. It makes the proposal you mentioned look puny.

"On Sunday, Chinese President Xi Jinping will host 28 heads of state
at the opening of a two-day summit focusing on the so-called "Belt and
Road" initiative. Analysts suggest the project could shift the center
of global economy and challenge the U.S.-led world order"

Of course the U.S. is only a bystander at this meeting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/belt-road-initiative-china-plans-1-trillion-new-silk-road-n757756

Alan Baker

May 12, 2017, 12:26:58 PM5/12/17
On 2017-05-12 7:02 AM, Dene wrote:
> Bitch about this boys...
>
> Trump administration praises deal expanding trade with China
> http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/12/trump-administration-praises-deal-expanding-trade-with-china.html
>
> The White House announced Thursday that the U.S. and China have
> reached an agreement on trade polices related to beef, poultry and
> natural gas that are expected to increase American exports.
>
> As part of the deal, China will open its borders to U.S. beef. In
> return, the U.S. has agreed to remove obstacles to China’s imported
> poultry meat. The United States would also allow U.S. companies to
> ship liquefied natural gas to China
>
> The biggest points in the 10-point plan deal with the American
> agriculture and financial sectors, which are being promised greater
> access in a range of areas, the Wall Street Journal reported. In
> addition to beef, China agreed to accelerate the process for
> approving U.S. biotechnology products. Alan Baker is a liar.

LOL!

From a guy who claims to have killfiled me, that's hilarious!

:-)

Dene

May 12, 2017, 2:22:54 PM5/12/17
Glad to see you are coming around, John! :)

-hh

May 12, 2017, 3:18:39 PM5/12/17
John B wrote:
> Amazing. I take back everything I've ever said about him.

I'll wait until I can read the full report, with expert analysis,

Reason being that one *can* make any deal quite quickly if the
specific terms are that you're giving away the Ranch.

Whereupon "They fooled us!" will become the likely defense claim. /S

-hh

B...@onramp.net

May 12, 2017, 4:07:27 PM5/12/17
Ah, the highest form of ridicule; sarcasm.

Carbon

May 12, 2017, 7:05:21 PM5/12/17
The Chinese are not stupid and are fully aware of Trump's avarice and
corruption. I'm sure we're going to find that their recent gift of
trademarks will turn out to be one of the best investments in history.

For those who pretend to care about the Constitution, this would also be
why it contains an Emoluments clause. OTOH he's going to get the boot for
the Russia scandal, so why not cash in first?

Alan Baker

May 14, 2017, 2:24:01 PM5/14/17
On 2017-05-14 7:25 AM, Bigbird wrote:
> Dene wrote:
>
>> Bitch about this boys...
>>
>> Trump administration praises deal expanding trade with China
>>
> http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/12/trump-administration-praises-deal-expanding-trade-with-china.html
>>
>> The White House announced Thursday that the U.S. and China have
>> reached an agreement on trade polices related to beef, poultry and
>> natural gas that are expected to increase American exports.

<snip>

>> The trade talks between the two countries began after Chinese
>> President Xi Jinping visited President Donald Trump at his Mar-a-Lago
>> Florida resort home in early April.
>
> Unsurprisingly not quite what was billed.
>
> Of course Trumpets here are more about headlines than detail but if one
> of them can read...
>
> https://www.ft.com/content/16a9b978-3766-11e7-bce4-9023f8c0fd2e

That's behind a pay wall...

Alan Baker

May 14, 2017, 3:03:22 PM5/14/17
On 2017-05-14 11:46 AM, Bigbird wrote:
> I hadn't realised. I must be registered.
>
> Here is one particular point raised regarding beef. Seems Mr Trump, not
> unusually, is claiming credit for something that was agreed months ago.
>
> “They got played,” was the blunter assessment of one former US official.
>
> We are rewarding China before stopping their massive trade cheating
> Dan DiMicco, former campaign adviser to Mr Trump.
> The “early harvest” deal rolled out on Friday saw China agree to resume
> imports of US beef that were suspended in 2003, in a move that US
> cattle ranchers hailed as “historic” but which Chinese leaders had
> already agreed to last September.
>
> https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2016/09/22/china-moves-reopen-market-us-beef

Trump got played? Say it isn't so!

:-)

John B.

May 14, 2017, 7:21:22 PM5/14/17
The trade talks between China and the US did not start after
Xi's visit. They started long before he was even elected
president.

B...@onramp.net

May 14, 2017, 8:48:17 PM5/14/17
No matter. Trump will take, and be given the credit by his sheep.