The Laffer Curve bites NY in the BUTT

toms...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2019, 10:38:45 PM2/18/19
I bet that you libtards out there DON'T KNOW what the Laffer curve is, but it has sure hammered NY:

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/cuomo-panic-tax-revenue-2-3-bil-short-god-forbid-rich-leave/

If you think you know, reply with the answer w/o first looking it up (Andy is too lazy to look it up anyhow).

Alan Baker

Feb 18, 2019, 10:46:24 PM2/18/19
'Overall, we rate the Conservative Tribune Questionable based on extreme
right wing bias, promotion of conspiracies and propaganda and numerous
failed fact checks.'

<https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/conservative-tribune/>

'Overall, we rate Western Journal Right Biased based on story selection
that strongly favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to a
few failed fact checks.'

<https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/western-journalism/>

tom_s...@msn.com

Feb 18, 2019, 11:54:32 PM2/18/19
I didn't think that you knew what the Laffer Curve is...

Alan Baker

Feb 19, 2019, 12:33:30 AM2/19/19
Since I've seen little evidence that you think, I'm unsurprised.

DumbedDownUSA

Feb 19, 2019, 1:20:22 AM2/19/19
toms...@gmail.com wrote:

> I bet that you libtards out there DON'T KNOW what the Laffer curve
> is,

That's a bit of a giveaway that you just found out. One of the biggest
tells of the ignorant is having to tell everyone when they learn
something new...

...like a less commonly used word they use constantly for a couple of
days and then forget.

Am I right or e...ru...dite. :)

--
“Don’t give up. If there’s a concrete wall in front of you, go through
it. Go over it. Go around it. But get to the other side of that wall.”

toms...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2019, 2:59:55 PM2/19/19
Hey Lazy,

So, you don't believe Cuomo? You may have a point there...

Alan Baker

Feb 19, 2019, 3:21:01 PM2/19/19
I note that you've chosen to highlight a big scary number which is
actually a tiny percentage.

toms...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2019, 3:31:54 PM2/19/19
Hey Lazy,

Do you BELIEVE the number, or not?

Alan Baker

Feb 19, 2019, 3:34:01 PM2/19/19
It's moot, Snowflake.

Do agree that the number you've touted is a small percentage of the
state's budget?

toms...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2019, 9:27:35 PM2/19/19
Hey Lazy,

Not at all: a small number would be, like, .0001% (under $1,000). If you think $2.3 BILLION is a "small number" write me a check for it - you won't miss it.

Alan Baker

Feb 19, 2019, 10:24:45 PM2/19/19
I didn't say "small number", did I?

I said "small percentage".

Do you agree that 1.3% is a small percentage?

toms...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2019, 10:53:11 PM2/19/19
Hey Lazy,

The check is in the mail, right?

1.3% of $176 BILLION IS A LARGE NUMBER!

DumbedDownUSA

Feb 20, 2019, 2:12:23 AM2/20/19
Just add it to the deficit... isn't that current Rapeublican SOP as you
condone.

John B.

Feb 20, 2019, 9:13:15 AM2/20/19
I know what the Laffer Curve is. It has been completely debunked.

Alan Baker

Feb 20, 2019, 2:21:06 PM2/20/19
It's a small percentage, Snowflake.

If your household costs unexpectedly rose 1.3%, or your income dropped
that amount, would it be a catastrophe? Of course not.

toms...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2019, 1:14:38 AM2/21/19
I notice that you didn't say what it IS.

toms...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2019, 1:16:23 AM2/21/19
Hey Lazy,

I TOLD you what a "small percentage" is. So, what was the BIG DEAL about the Wall - it was a TINY percentage of the budget?

DumbedDownUSA

Feb 21, 2019, 1:36:35 AM2/21/19
Having a shortfall is one thing deliberately flushing it down the
toilet is another.

What is $40 billion as a percentage of the relevant budget?

BTW I think Alan is wrong on this. It isn't about percentages. It's
about what the cuts mean to real people in cuts to jobs or help for the
vulnerable and needy.

As for percentages... when you start taking out committed spending the
cuts become an ever bigger percentage of what is left.

Flushing a couple of dollars from our home budgets may be easy but the
state spending is perhaps more like a needy family and the cuts more
like going without a meals or electricity for several days a year.

NB spending in NY increased by a far bigger percentage than this over
the last few years.

BESIDES THAT...

As usual with any thread started by Syssy the premise is bogus and his
subsequent argument mostly flawed.

DumbedDownUSA

Feb 21, 2019, 1:44:29 AM2/21/19
The failure of the armchair or novice economist is to take theories
developed to illustrate a concept and attempt to apply them directly
onto practical situations.

Those exhibiting such childlike naivity must wonder why economic
modelling is made so complex and still remains wildly inaccurate.

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2019, 1:44:57 AM2/21/19
It's wasted money.

toms...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2019, 2:42:13 PM2/21/19
But, according to YOU, it's TINY, a TRIVIAL amount! They WASTED far more than this arguing about it!!

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2019, 2:47:24 PM2/21/19
No... ...they really haven't.

DumbedDownUSA

Feb 21, 2019, 4:05:44 PM2/21/19
Which is now even more reason not to waste any more.

Is that how you think things should work, holding the country to ransom?

toms...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2019, 12:49:04 AM2/22/19

DumbedDownUSA

Feb 22, 2019, 1:07:26 AM2/22/19
Yup, Trump cost the economy $11 billion and now he wants to steal money
from DoD projects from all over the country that are actually needed.

If you want to talk construction, how about infrastructure?

You want to build a wall when you should be building/replacing bridges.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2019, 1:10:35 AM2/22/19
Sorry, but that was a decision Trump owned.

If anyone wasted that money, it was him.

TomS

Feb 22, 2019, 10:39:58 PM2/22/19
No, CONGRESS owns it - and YOU KNOW IT! Congress COULD HAVE offered the deal they ended up with BEFORE the shutdown.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2019, 10:44:54 PM2/22/19
Nope.

Again, the Republican Senate passed a bill without wall funding, and
then the Republican House wouldn't bring it to a vote.

When the House went Democrat, they passed the EXACT same bill that the
Senate passed in the previous session, and then the Republican Senate
wouldn't bring the very bill they had already passed to a vote.

This is all on the Republicans

TomS

Feb 22, 2019, 10:49:41 PM2/22/19
Hey Lazy,

As I said, CONGRESS is to blame - ALL of them!

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2019, 11:11:27 PM2/22/19
Sorry, but no.

If anyone is to blame, it is the Republicans.

They passed a bill in the Senate, then wouldn't bring it to a vote.

Then they had their own bill—the one they had passed in December—passed
by the House, and they wouldn't bring to a vote in the Senate.

TomS

Feb 22, 2019, 11:32:24 PM2/22/19
Hey Lazy,

You KNOW it's Pelosi's fault, but you will NEVER ADMIT IT! Hell, she said she would NEVER GIVE A DIME for the Wall.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2019, 11:43:28 PM2/22/19
Nope.

The simple fact is that Trump had TWO YEARS to pass this with control of
the House and Senate.

TomS

Feb 23, 2019, 1:01:15 AM2/23/19
Yup,
Pelosi wanted to deny Trump a win.

Bigbird

Feb 23, 2019, 1:22:44 AM2/23/19
No. Congress was ready to pass the spending bills. Both houses had
passed similar bills in the weeks running up to the shutdown.

The man responsible claimed the "mantle" and said he was proud to do so.

Why are you contradicting your beloved president. Is he a liar? :)

Bigbird

Feb 23, 2019, 1:28:02 AM2/23/19
Oh she did that alright. They prevented him from getting his hands on
billions of taxpayers money and flushing it. That is what they are
meant to do. It is part of thier job. It is also part of the
rapeublicans it just took them a lot lot longer to step up and get on
with it.

In the end though both sides did what their job and Trump was left
holding his dick and the responsibility for a massive disruption to
millions of lives... which he overtly did not give a shit about.

Alan Baker

Feb 24, 2019, 12:24:34 AM2/24/19
Pelosi wasn't in charge of the House for the first two years, Snowflake.

TomS

Feb 26, 2019, 12:00:00 AM2/26/19
Hey Lazy,

Well, WHO is Speaker of the House?

TomS

Feb 26, 2019, 12:01:19 AM2/26/19
LOL! She had NO PROBLEM "flushing" some EIGHT BILLION DOLLARS on the Secure Fencing Act!

Bigbird

Feb 26, 2019, 7:20:00 AM2/26/19
Again, you make absolutely no sense at all. Do you have a problem with
the secure fencing act or are you just being a hypocritical fuckwit?

-hh

Feb 26, 2019, 7:43:27 AM2/26/19
The Secure Fencing Act was way back in 2006.

Quick Math test for Tommy:

How many arrests of illegal crossings of the southern border were there in 2006?
And what's the same statistic for 2016, 2017 and 2018?

Does the sum for years (2016-present) add up to be greater than 2006?

Bonus question:

If the contemporary three year sum is less than the single year total back in 2006
when the SFA was passed, how can today's situation constitute an "emergency"?

-hh

Alan Baker

Feb 26, 2019, 3:46:48 PM2/26/19
No, Snowflake, who WAS the Speaker before the mid-term elections.

Republicans controlled the House, the Senate and the White House.

If this was such an "emergency", why weren't they passing it then?

TomS

Feb 26, 2019, 11:32:37 PM2/26/19
LOL! OF COURSE NOT! IT'S PELOSI THAT HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT NOW, FUCKWIT!

TomS

Feb 26, 2019, 11:34:06 PM2/26/19
Libtards like you have a SHORT MEMORY. Well, I DON'T! If it is immoral/wasteful/useless now, it was immoral/wasteful/useless now then.

Bigbird

Feb 27, 2019, 2:27:58 AM2/27/19
Getting SHOUTY because you are frustrated with your own stupidity is
not going to help with your falsehoods.

Your claim is an outright lie.

Bigbird

Feb 27, 2019, 4:41:14 AM2/27/19
That is a non sequitur and an admission that your falsehoods are your
own and not based in fact.

When YOU try to spin you just get dizzy and make a dick of yourself.

THE SFA funded the building of the barriers deemed necessary to secure
the border during a time of increased immigration. The DHS did not even
build all the barriers that were authorized as they were subsequently
deemed not to be the most efficient use of the funds.

Is that something you conveniently DON'T remember.

Your repeated lie that Democrats do not want secure borders is
pathetically transparent and contradicted by your own dumb words.

TomS

Feb 27, 2019, 3:49:13 PM2/27/19
Hey Tweety,

Maybe you didn't get the memo: Pelosi called walls, barriers, fences, etc. IMMORAL, making what she voted for ALSO "immoral." The same goes for walls not working, being racist, etc.

Note: this thread's topic is the Laffer Curve - not a SINGLE one of you have even tried to explain what it is (other than to say it is bogus, which is totally false).

Bigbird

Feb 28, 2019, 4:55:12 AM2/28/19
Such a claim does not support your falsehoods above but go ahead and
quote in context.

Try without further falsehoods.

No I don't believe you can do that so let me help.

“But a wall, in my view, is an immorality. It’s the least effective way
to protect the border, and the most costly. I can’t think of any reason
why anyone would think it’s a good idea—unless this has something to do
with something else.”

So you can see the lie in claiming she is againbst border security or
walls in their entirety. She is against Trumps wall because it is not
an effective way of managing the border.

You do understand that it is possible to be for something in one
context and against in quite another.

Ten years ago the "crisis" at the border was very different. What was
an immigration crisis with huge numbers of illegal economic is now a
much smaller humanitarian crisis.

Further barriers were seen by the DHS as having diminishing returns.

With illegal immigration at a low and only a minute amount of smuggled
drugs being affect trumps attempt to build himself a white elephant as
a way to avoid addressing the humanitarian crisis is indeed immoral.

> Note: this thread's topic is the Laffer Curve - not a SINGLE one of
> you have even tried to explain what it is (other than to say it is
> bogus, which is totally false).

If you don't know what it is look it up.

You really should have doen that before attempting to use it.

That you think it is for others to explain for your benefit is
Lafferble.

TomS

Feb 28, 2019, 11:20:21 PM2/28/19
Hey Tweety,

The bottom line, as they say, is she called it immoral which is an absolute - it either is or it isn't, there IS NO middle ground.

Bigbird

Mar 1, 2019, 1:23:37 AM3/1/19
Hey Shrek,

> The bottom line, as they say, is she called it immoral which is an
> absolute - it either is or it isn't, there IS NO middle ground.

? So?

That does not make your out of context falsehoods less untrue.

Your lies in respect of the SFA remain lies.

Trumps intention to waste billions on a wall while ignoring the
humanitarian crisis at your border is immoral. How is is not?

Alan Baker

Mar 1, 2019, 1:40:22 AM3/1/19
No. She called this PARTICULAR wall immoral based on specific problems
she has with it.

TomS

Mar 1, 2019, 3:38:49 PM3/1/19
Hey Lazy,

Next time, TRY doing your research BEFORE putting your foot in your mouth. Pelosi's exact quote is (Fri 4-Jan):

"The fact is A wall is an immorality, it is not who we are as a nation."

Bigbird

Mar 1, 2019, 4:09:11 PM3/1/19
Hey you ugly reptile,

> Next time, TRY doing your research BEFORE putting your foot in your
> mouth. Pelosi's exact quote is (Fri 4-Jan):
>
> "The fact is A wall is an immorality, it is not who we are as a
> nation."

You think that contradicts what Baker claims, dimbo?

Stop with the falsehoods already; try soemthing other than thick headed
lying.

Alan Baker

Mar 1, 2019, 4:20:39 PM3/1/19
Amazingly (to you) context matters.

TomS

Mar 3, 2019, 11:55:51 PM3/3/19
Hey Tweety,

SURE it does - to anyone with an IQ higher than their golf handicap!

TomS

Mar 3, 2019, 11:56:48 PM3/3/19
I take that to mean you have no rebuttal. Makes Pelosi a hypocrite.

Alan Baker

Mar 4, 2019, 1:39:11 AM3/4/19
No. It does not.

Bigbird

Mar 4, 2019, 5:07:40 AM3/4/19
Hey Shrek,

> SURE it does - to anyone with an IQ higher than their golf handicap!

Maybe to someone who struggles to comprehend English... no-one here
struggles more than you.

Bigbird

Mar 4, 2019, 5:08:58 AM3/4/19
That is a rebuttal. you dimwit.

TomS

Mar 14, 2019, 1:18:45 AM3/14/19
Yes it does.

Bigbird

Mar 14, 2019, 3:01:21 AM3/14/19
Grow up. Stop being a stupid little boy.