Another health insurance company failure

Dene

Apr 25, 2017, 6:48:31 PM4/25/17
Been in this business for 27 years. The number of Oregon insurance companies whom failed prior to ACA was exactly one...and it was taken over by Blue Cross. This was roughly 18 years ago.

Number of failures since ACA. THREE. This is the third one and a fourth, called Moda, is hanging by a thread.

dfr.oregon.gov/news/Pages/20170425-dcbs-vs-zoom.aspx

Yet the Dems want to keep Obamacare.

Party first....country last.

-Greg

Alan Baker

Apr 26, 2017, 1:16:56 PM4/26/17
Keep whistling...

John B.

Apr 26, 2017, 4:34:33 PM4/26/17
The Dems don't want to keep Obamacare as it is. They want to fix it.
Trump and Ryan want to throw 24 million people to the wolves.

Bob...@onramp.net

Apr 26, 2017, 6:17:47 PM4/26/17
On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:46:05 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
<nos...@noemail.com> wrote:

>"John B." <john...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>They should have listened to me. I told everyone it would be a
> disaster. Stupid people don't listen.

We're aware of that. Your posts are proof.

Dene

Apr 26, 2017, 7:55:11 PM4/26/17
Let's be logical about this talking point. 24 million people will lose
their coverage or will 24 million have the opportunity to choose another
plan...or nothing at all?

Alan Baker

Apr 26, 2017, 8:47:53 PM4/26/17
Having an "opportunity" to choose a plan you can't afford isn't really
much of an opportunity.

Dene

Apr 26, 2017, 9:52:48 PM4/26/17
On 4/26/2017 1:46 PM, Moderate wrote:
> "John B." <john...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> They should have listened to me. I told everyone it would be a
> disaster. Stupid people don't listen.

It's better than the previous system of excluding pre-existing sneezing.
Regardless, OCare needs overhaul. TrumpCare is a superior solution to
both systems.

Alan Baker

Apr 26, 2017, 11:05:59 PM4/26/17
Funny the Republicans didn't think so...

Alan Baker

Apr 26, 2017, 11:06:48 PM4/26/17
On 2017-04-26 6:56 PM, Moderate wrote:
> Dene <gds...@aol.com> Wrote in message:
>>
>> Let's be logical about this talking point. 24 million people will lose
>> their coverage or will 24 million have the opportunity to choose another
>> plan...or nothing at all?
>>

> I doubt the number is still 24 million. With Trump's economic
> boost more people have workplace insurance.

There's been no "Trump economic boost".

Jobs are actually growing more slowly than they were in the same
timeframe of last year.

MNMikeW

Apr 27, 2017, 9:56:41 AM4/27/17
Alan Baker wrote:

> Having an "opportunity" to choose a plan you can't afford isn't really
> much of an opportunity.

Welcome to Obamacare.

Alan Baker

Apr 27, 2017, 9:59:47 AM4/27/17
And you think Trumpcare is going to be better?

LOL!

Bob...@onramp.net

Apr 27, 2017, 11:20:15 AM4/27/17
On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 05:26:21 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
<nos...@noemail.com> wrote:

>Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
>I oppose coverage for pre-existing sneezing. Take an antihistamine.

Yeah, sure. Previous heart attack and subsequent leaking
valves....take an aspirin.

Dene

Apr 27, 2017, 11:52:58 AM4/27/17
On 4/27/2017 6:56 AM, MNMikeW wrote:
OCare is affordable if you are 135% above the poverty level. If you are
middle class, then you are screwed and will be even more with the
upcoming rate increases and carrier withdrawals.