#ReleasetheMemo!!!!!!

Carbon

Apr 20, 2018, 9:40:27 PM4/20/18
Well this is shocking...

Pressure to Release Comey Memos May Have Backfired on G.O.P.

WASHINGTON — For days, top Republicans in Congress demanded the release of
James B. Comey’s memos about President Trump, threatening Rod J.
Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, with a subpoena if he failed to
share the highly-anticipated documents written by the former F.B.I.
director.

But if Mr. Trump and his allies believed that Mr. Rosenstein’s refusal
would deliver a pretext to call for his firing, as Democrats asserted, his
decision to quickly release all the memos late Thursday night foiled that
plan. The memos leaked to reporters hours after being delivered to
lawmakers in both parties.

And the seven memos, in which Mr. Comey methodically documented his
interactions with the president in real time, did little to help
Republicans undermine Mr. Comey’s credibility or expose contradictions
with his best-selling, tell-all book. Taken together, the 15 pages of
detailed notes largely back up the stories that Mr. Comey told in
congressional testimony, in the pages of his memoir, “A Higher Loyalty,”
and during numerous television and radio interviews.

“I’m not quite sure how this improved the strategic posture of those who
want to dismantle the special counsel investigation,” said Representative
Jamie Raskin, Democrat of Maryland. “This is a tactic that has backfired.
From what I’ve seen of the Comey memos, they bear out completely the
authenticity of his reports and his own credibility.”

More here: https://goo.gl/4w5QTt

Alan Baker

Apr 21, 2018, 10:29:44 AM4/21/18
On 2018-04-20 11:44 PM, Moderate wrote:
> Carbon <nob...@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> Wrote in message:
>> Well this is shocking...
>>

>> Pressure to Release Comey Memos May Have Backfired on G.O.P.
>>
>> WASHINGTON ? For days, top Republicans in Congress demanded the release of
>> James B. Comey?s memos about President Trump, threatening Rod J.
>> Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, with a subpoena if he failed to
>> share the highly-anticipated documents written by the former F.B.I.
>> director.
>>
>> But if Mr. Trump and his allies believed that Mr. Rosenstein?s refusal
>> would deliver a pretext to call for his firing, as Democrats asserted, his
>> decision to quickly release all the memos late Thursday night foiled that
>> plan. The memos leaked to reporters hours after being delivered to
>> lawmakers in both parties.
>>
>> And the seven memos, in which Mr. Comey methodically documented his
>> interactions with the president in real time, did little to help
>> Republicans undermine Mr. Comey?s credibility or expose contradictions
>> with his best-selling, tell-all book. Taken together, the 15 pages of
>> detailed notes largely back up the stories that Mr. Comey told in
>> congressional testimony, in the pages of his memoir, ?A Higher Loyalty,?
>> and during numerous television and radio interviews.
>>
>> ?I?m not quite sure how this improved the strategic posture of those who
>> want to dismantle the special counsel investigation,? said Representative
>> Jamie Raskin, Democrat of Maryland. ?This is a tactic that has backfired.
>> From what I?ve seen of the Comey memos, they bear out completely the
>> authenticity of his reports and his own credibility.?
>>

>> More here: https://goo.gl/4w5QTt
>>

> This is simply fiction.
>
> They show Comey leaked the dossier to the NYT and absolved Trump
> of obstruction. Coney is sunk.

Quote the parts that do those things....

B...@onramp.net

Apr 21, 2018, 11:13:45 AM4/21/18
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 07:29:50 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:
He can't. Dealing in half-truths is the best he can do.

DumbedDownUSA

Apr 21, 2018, 11:29:58 AM4/21/18
He is only repeating the mantras he has been drilled with in 240
charaters or less...

...like a stupid cult.

--
Trump averages six falsehoods a day; how you doin'?
Moderate! an unwitting, ignorant, cowardly, racist, homophobic, latrine

Alan Baker

Apr 21, 2018, 1:20:43 PM4/21/18
On 2018-04-21 9:47 AM, Moderate wrote:
> B...@Onramp.net Wrote in message:
> Comey is now under investigation. Donald Trump is not.

Ummmm.... ...no.

But give us a cite that you think proves your claim...

...or even supports it...

...or that supports your claim that Comey leaked the dossier to the New
York Times...

...or how they absolve Trump.

> Idiots.

B...@onramp.net

Apr 21, 2018, 3:49:33 PM4/21/18
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 10:20:40 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
In your simple minded life.

More half-truths from the village idiot.

The investigation is more than about Comey.
Here's his involvement that is questioned. From the NYT.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-investigation-of-james-comey-is-exactly-what-the-country-needs/2017/01/14/83a558b0-da97-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.d17445f9177f

"The investigation will address allegations that Comey violated
established Justice Department and FBI policies and procedures in his
July 5, 2016, public announcement concerning the Hillary Clinton email
investigation. And it will explore allegations that Comey’s Oct. 28
and Nov. 6 letters to Congress, which jolted the presidential election
— and may have changed its outcome — were improper".

Neither is a criminal offense but policy questions. Nothing is hidden
because Comey has addressed both."

The dossier wasn't mentioned.

True that Bush has been told that he isn't a criminal target in the
Russian probe....yet. Mueller isn't through.
He is being investigated with Cohen and that may be more detrimental
for him.

Carbon

Apr 21, 2018, 4:48:16 PM4/21/18
On 04/21/2018 03:49 PM, B...@Onramp.net wrote:

> More half-truths from the village idiot.
>
> The investigation is more than about Comey. Here's his involvement that
> is questioned. From the NYT.
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-investigation-of-james-comey-is-exactly-what-the-country-needs/2017/01/14/83a558b0-da97-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.d17445f9177f
>
> "The investigation will address allegations that Comey violated
> established Justice Department and FBI policies and procedures in his
> July 5, 2016, public announcement concerning the Hillary Clinton email
> investigation. And it will explore allegations that Comey’s Oct. 28
> and Nov. 6 letters to Congress, which jolted the presidential election —
> and may have changed its outcome — were improper".
>
> Neither is a criminal offense but policy questions. Nothing is hidden
> because Comey has addressed both."
>
> The dossier wasn't mentioned.
>
> True that Bush has been told that he isn't a criminal target in the
> Russian probe....yet. Mueller isn't through. He is being investigated
> with Cohen and that may be more detrimental for him.

I can't believe how stupid these snowflakes are. It's not Mueller's job to
prosecute the president. That will happen after Mueller presents the
results of his investigation.

To further state the obvious, Trump is screwed even if he tries to fire
Mueller, Rosenstein, et al. Mueller and team knew more obstruction was
likely, which is why they referred the Cohen evidence to the Southern
District of New York. Trump is not going to be able to pardon all the
state charges that are going to land on Cohen, meaning that Cohen will
inevitably flip on Trump in exchange for lesser charges.

There is no way for Trump to escape the inevitable reckoning.

DumbedDownUSA

Apr 21, 2018, 5:01:19 PM4/21/18
Moderate wrote:

> B...@Onramp.net Wrote in message:
> Comey is now under investigation. Donald Trump is not.

Bullbrains!

If you'd like to explain how being the subject of an investigation is
"not"...

...and Trump is the subject of many investigations... and when he is
out of office he'll be the subject of many, many more.

> Idiots.

Sure... you're the one with all the brains around here... and everyone
thinks your full of brains... and you live in a brainhole...

--
Trump averages six falsehoods a day; how you doin'?
Brainhead! an unwitting, ignorant, cowardly, racist, homophobic,

MNMikeW

Apr 23, 2018, 10:43:40 AM4/23/18
Notice how carby like to pawn off opinion as fact?

Alan Baker

Apr 23, 2018, 11:57:31 AM4/23/18
How is this doing that?

DumbedDownUSA

Apr 23, 2018, 2:34:22 PM4/23/18
No, but I notice those that live in a world of twitter literally do not
know the difference.