Tiger Woods's DUI arrest a stark reminder of where his life is right now - In the toilet with Obama

It's About Time

May 29, 2017, 7:36:52 PM5/29/17
It's not—as the various credible news sites have it—a pretty
timeline. Tiger Woods was arrested on a DUI charge in Jupiter,
Fla., on Memorial Day at around 3 a.m., booked at a Palm Beach
County jail at 7:18 a.m. and released under his own recognizance
around 11 a.m. By high noon, his mug shot was all over the
internet.

Woods lives up the road from Jupiter on the secluded barrier
beach of Hobe Sound, but his restaurant, the Woods Jupiter, is
in Jupiter, a beachside almost suburban in the northern tip of
Palm Beach County. He was pulled over, according to local news
reports, near the intersection of Military Trail and Indian
Creek Parkway, about three miles south of his restaurant and
further from his home. It was not immediately known whether
there were passengers in the car.

Many police in Jupiter and sheriffs in Palm Beach County know
the many famous golfers who live there and their watering holes,
too. They work the Honda Classic each year and many other golf
events and big-ticket parties, both public and private.

The mug shot, not surprisingly, shows Woods as you have never
seen him before. It is disturbing. In it, the iconic golfer, 41,
a single father of two children, wears a white T-shirt and he
looks bloated, exhausted and unkempt. DUI in Florida is a state
crime, according to a state government website, triggered by
"impairment of normal faculties or unlawful blood alcohol or
breath alcohol level of .08 or above." The broad terms cover
both drunk driving and impairment by drug use. A first offense
typically does not carry any prison time. Woods spent eight
hours in custody on Monday. There is no known record of him ever
being arrested before.

In his playing prime, Woods spent his Memorial Day weekends
playing in Jack Nicklaus's Memorial tournament, which Woods has
won a record five times, most recently in 2012. In Woods's
California youth, growing up as the son of an Army colonel who
knew many who died in Vietnam and other wars, Memorial Day
presumably had in his house its intended and serious meaning.

But his Memorial Day arrest, at a time in his life when he is
recovering from surgery, is a stark reminder of where Woods's
life is right now. On his website on May 24, in a posted short
first-person essay that was unusually personal, Woods wrote, "As
for returning to competitive golf, the long-term prognosis is
positive. My surgeon and physiotherapist say the operation was
successful. It's just a matter of not screwing up and letting it
fuse. I'm walking and doing my exercises, and taking my kids to
and from school. All I can do is take it day by day. There's no
hurry."

It continued: "But, I want to say unequivocally, I want to play
professional golf again.

Presently, I'm not looking ahead. I can't twist for another two
and a half to three months. Right now, my sole focus is rehab
and doing what the doctors tell me. I am concentrating on short-
term goals."

Every chance he gets, Woods talks about the role he plays in his
the life of his son and daughter and what it means to him. It's
moving and telling. But few 41-year-old men want to be a
fulltime dad and nothing else. Woods used to have golf to fill
his time, to give him drive, to let him exercise his vast
competitive urge. For now, anyway, he doesn't. Still, the time
must be filled. Tiger Woods faces the challenge we all do: how
to fill that time productively. The answer to that difficult
question for him now seems more pressing.

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/05/29/tiger-woods-dui-arrest-
stark-reminder-where-his-life-right-now

Clyde Benson

Jun 4, 2017, 3:26:19 PM6/4/17
On Tue, 30 May 2017 01:36:24 +0200 (CEST), "It's About Time"
<make.t...@nbc.com> wrote:

They said that no alcohol was found in Tigeers system. Tiger admitted
he had taken a couple of legal prescription drugs which made him
woozy. I believe him. Only Pink Africans will refuse to do so .

toms...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2017, 10:29:50 PM6/4/17
You don't have to be drunk to be guilty of a DUI.