OT: Clapper is trusted by our wingnuts...

Alan Baker

May 14, 2017, 3:05:17 PM5/14/17
...but I'm betting that suddenly they'll declare him to be incredible:

'American democracy is separately "under assault" from President Donald
Trump and Russia, the former U.S. intelligence chief warned Sunday,
expressing dismay over the abrupt firing of FBI director James Comey
amid a probe into Moscow's meddling in U.S. elections and possible ties
with the Trump campaign.

As Trump works to fast-track Comey's successor, lawmakers from both
parties urged him to steer clear of any politicians for the job and say
he must "clean up the mess that he mostly created."

"I think, in many ways, our institutions are under assault, both
externally -- and that's the big news here, is the Russian interference
in our election system," said James Clapper, the former director of
national intelligence. "I think as well our institutions are under
assault internally."

When he was asked, "Internally, from the president?" Clapper said,
"Exactly."'

<http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/clapper-u-s-govt-under-assault-by-trump-after-comey-firing-1.3413104>