OT: "baffling, typo-ridden response"...

Alan Baker

Jun 9, 2017, 2:16:54 PM6/9/17
"...so clearly false that it’s hard to see how a minimally competent
attorney could have made it in good faith."

<https://www.justsecurity.org/41977/parsing-white-house-response-comeys-testimony/>

'This is a master class in claiming vindication by denying claims that
haven’t been made. I don’t know what “numerous false press reports”
Kasowitz is alluding to here, since he conveniently declines to name any
offenders, but I can’t recall any reputable news outlets reporting that
Trump was personally the named target of a counterintelligence
investigation.'

'Consider, then, what we are being asked to believe here. We are
supposed to believe that Trump sent everyone but Comey out of the room
simply to convey the sentiment that Mike Flynn is a “good guy.” Comey
then——in February, with no indication that his job was in
peril——immediately fabricated a request that he “let [Flynn] go,” which
he committed to writing and shared with other senior FBI officials, in a
display of prescient strategic planning worthy of Batman.'

'Here, again, if we are to believe the White House, we must ascribe to
Comey the Batmanesque foresight of falsely memorializing a request in
January, when he was being asked to stay on as FBI director, presumably
as a hedge against his future dismissal. The White House then attempts
to conflate Comey’s recollection of an unclassified private conversation
with the illegal leaking of classified information.'

Enjoy, wingnuts!