OT: "President Trump revealed highly classified information to [the] Russian[s]"

Alan Baker

May 15, 2017, 6:23:59 PM5/15/17
'President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian
foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week,
according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s
disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic
State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S.
partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so
sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly
restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.'

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html>

'The partner had not given the United States permission to share the
material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so
endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings
of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House
officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and
the National Security Agency.'

B...@onramp.net

May 15, 2017, 7:13:08 PM5/15/17
On Mon, 15 May 2017 15:23:54 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:
Trump is an idiot, without any thought brags about his importance and
knowledge of intel secrets. This time he did what he's good
at.....blabbing highly sensitive intel to show off.

Alan Baker

May 15, 2017, 7:28:09 PM5/15/17
I'm just waiting for one of our resident wingnuts to step up to any of
these obvious disasters and admit that it matters...

Carbon

May 15, 2017, 7:58:50 PM5/15/17
Will never happen. These true believers are not reachable by reason.

Dene

May 15, 2017, 9:50:18 PM5/15/17
wrote:
Trump is an idiot, without any thought brags about his importance and
knowledge of intel secrets. This time he did what he's good
at.....blabbing highly sensitive intel to show off.

Fake news but so what.
Trump haters will believe anything that is negative.

John B.

May 15, 2017, 10:36:22 PM5/15/17
You live in some kind of fantasy world.
What Trump did was inexcusable.
Is there nothing so craven he might do
that you won't defend? Or do you simply
lack the guts to admit you made a
horrible mistake in voting for him?
Trump gave the Russians CODE WORD
Intel. Do you know what that means? Do
you know what would happen to any
other govt. official who did that?

B...@onramp.net

May 15, 2017, 10:44:08 PM5/15/17
On Mon, 15 May 2017 18:50:16 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
Not necessarily. I loathe the man and sometimes feel sorry for him
because of his ineptitude.

B...@onramp.net

May 15, 2017, 10:46:19 PM5/15/17
On Mon, 15 May 2017 20:54:22 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
<nos...@noemail.com> wrote:

>Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
>
>Fake news. No sources. Denied by people actually in attendance.

Surprise, surprise. The idiot throws out the fake news line. Can't
you bring yourself to say that it may have happened? I'm able to say
that it might not have.

Dene

May 16, 2017, 1:58:07 AM5/16/17
Below...from Rueters, John.

When are you Trump haters and presstitutes going to end these ridiculous attacks. Collusion....Comey....and this fake news?

I think the solution is to quit feeding the press. No more press briefings. Let them spin on their own.

"The story that came out tonight as reported is false," H.R. McMaster, Trump's national security adviser, told reporters at the White House, adding that the leaders reviewed a range of common threats including to civil aviation.
"At no time were intelligence sources or methods discussed. The president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known...I was in the room. It didn't happen," he said.
The White House also released a statement from Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who said the Oval Office meeting focused on counterterrorism, and from Deputy National Security Adviser Dina Powell, who called the Washington Post story false."

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 2:51:33 AM5/16/17
And of course... ...no Trump administration member could POSSIBLY be
lying...

-hh

May 16, 2017, 8:46:41 AM5/16/17
Bobby wrote:
> Moderate wrote:
>>Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
>> > [...]
>> Fake news. No sources. Denied by people actually in attendance.
>
> Surprise, surprise. The idiot throws out the fake news line. Can't
> you bring yourself to say that it may have happened?

But whats more disconcerting is that Trump has now made another statement
which in effect said "so what if it's true? It's my right to do so".

The problem with this claim is that it is patently false: the reported breach wasn't
of USA "property" to give away: it was "on loan" from an external source with the
explicit provision (promise, contract) that it would not be disclosed to any other entity.

But then again, what does Trump actually know about abiding to the terms of contracts? /S

-hh

John B.

May 16, 2017, 9:08:46 AM5/16/17
Fake news, my ass. If you read this more closely,
you'll notice that they have not denied that Trump
gave code word intel to the Russians. They
talk about subject matter, not classification.
He has already admitted that he did it. I would
remind you that Russia is not an ally of the U.S.
\They tried to affect the outcome of the election.
They are allied with Bashar Assad, who is a
genocidal thug.

B...@onramp.net

May 16, 2017, 10:07:22 AM5/16/17
On Mon, 15 May 2017 22:58:04 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
Well, that settles it. All completely disinterested and unaligned
parties say so.

-hh

May 16, 2017, 10:10:44 AM5/16/17
JohnB wrote:
> Fake news, my ass. If you read this more closely,
> you'll notice that they have not denied that Trump
> gave code word intel to the Russians. They
> talk about subject matter, not classification.
> He has already admitted that he did it.

> I would remind you that Russia is not an ally of the U.S...

And as per the classical terms of Bilateral agreements, just what the
diplomatic posture is with another Country is irrelevant: if Country A
has bilateral agreements with B & C, and even if B & C have their own
bilateral agreement, Vountry A isn't authorized to give B's stuff (given to A)
over to Country C on their own: A has to ask B if they agree to give it to C.

Why? Because it's B's to begin with, and they may very well have some reason
why they chose to not give it to C which A isn't aware of. Even when they're allies.

BTDT.

-hh

B...@onramp.net

May 16, 2017, 10:12:25 AM5/16/17
On Tue, 16 May 2017 06:53:05 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
<nos...@noemail.com> wrote:

>B...@Onramp.net Wrote in message:
>McMaster will be at the press briefing today. Maybe you should
> wait to hear from him.
>
>I would assume that discussions with foreign governments always
> contain classified information.

I would assume that your assumption is unfounded.

B...@onramp.net

May 16, 2017, 10:22:55 AM5/16/17
<nos...@noemail.com> wrote:

>B...@Onramp.net Wrote in message:
>> On Mon, 15 May 2017 20:54:22 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
>> <nos...@noemail.com> wrote:
>
>McMaster will be at the press briefing today. Maybe you should
> wait to hear from him.

Since Trump has admitted it what could McMaster say now?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-i-have-right-share-russia-after-reports-he-shared-n759946

John B.

May 16, 2017, 10:57:09 AM5/16/17
Conversations w foreign govts. almost
never include classified information,
particularly w govts. that are not US
allies.

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 11:59:08 AM5/16/17
On 2017-05-15 6:54 PM, Moderate wrote:
> Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
>
> Fake news. No sources. Denied by people actually in attendance.

Trump himself has confirmed it...

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 11:59:21 AM5/16/17
Trump himself has confirmed it.

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 12:00:09 PM5/16/17
On 2017-05-16 3:34 AM, Moderate wrote:
> Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
>>
>> And of course... ...no Trump administration member could POSSIBLY be
>> lying...
>>

> You mean like the Benghazi video where everyone in the Obama
> administration lied? It is not likely.

Deflection.

> The entire Russian collusion has been a lie from the beginning.

Deflection.

This thread is about Trump revealing "code word" classified information.

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 12:02:01 PM5/16/17
On 2017-05-16 7:32 AM, Moderate wrote:
> B...@Onramp.net Wrote in message:
>> On Tue, 16 May 2017 06:53:05 -0500 :
>>>
>>> McMaster will be at the press briefing today. Maybe you should
>>> wait to hear from him.
>>>
>> Since Trump has admitted it what could McMaster say now?
>>
>> http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-i-have-right-share-russia-after-reports-he-shared-n759946
>>

> The same thing I said. We have to assume that classified info is
> discussed with foreign governments.

Not classified info obtained from another government with the express
promise not to share it...

B...@onramp.net

May 16, 2017, 12:14:53 PM5/16/17
On Tue, 16 May 2017 10:30:26 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
<nos...@noemail.com> wrote:

>"John B." <john...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>Thanks for your insane remarks.

Insane? I know you're not kidding, so you really are brain dead.

John B.

May 16, 2017, 12:29:03 PM5/16/17
I don't know who said my remarks were insane. I assume it was
Moderate. I've had two govt. jobs w/Top Secret clearance. If I
had done what Trump did, I'd be charged with a felony.

Not only that, he trotted out some staffers to deny he had given
the Russians code word intel, then he admitted in a tweet that he
had done exactly that. He gave it to representatives of an
adversarial govt. w/o the consent of the allied govt. that
had supplied it. And these bozos continue to defend the
indefensible.

Dene

May 16, 2017, 1:15:12 PM5/16/17
How about the truth, in contrast to the latest shrill outcry about nothing. When are the Dems and Trump haters going to realize that all this whining about nothing--> Collusion, Comey, and now this bullshit is going to backfire. Ask HRC.

Here's the truth....

"During a tense White House briefing, McMaster also ripped the leaks fueling such media reports – and said the president was not “even aware” of the source of the information he apparently shared with the Russians.

“He wasn’t briefed on the source and method of the information,” McMaster said.

McMaster’s central contention was that the details discussed in that meeting concerned ongoing operations that were public for months and information available in “open source reporting.”

“The president in no way compromised any sources or methods in the course of this conversation,” McMaster said.

The same official publicly had refuted The Washington Post report on Monday evening, describing the claims as false.

The president himself has since acknowledged he shared “facts” about the terror threat with Russia, while saying he was in his right to do so."

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 1:19:55 PM5/16/17
You DO realize that McMaster has already shown his willingness to lie
about this, right?

And that you just confirmed that he lied yesterday?

-hh

May 16, 2017, 1:29:38 PM5/16/17
Dene wrote:

> He wasn’t briefed on the source and method of the information,” McMaster said.

So what? That's not saying that absolutely nothing was disclosed.

What it is black door admitting is that they said "Here's the secret data, but we're
not going to tell you that the spy's name was James Bond, and that he got it by
seducing Miss GrabHerBy on the night of the 24th in Mara Lago room 223.

Any reasonably proficient Intel group can backtrace detailed enough Intel to fill in the
gaps, particularly when they already know that it was in the Study with a Candlestick.

-hh

John B.

May 16, 2017, 2:14:39 PM5/16/17
The fact that Trump shared highly classified information with an
adversary government without knowing where the info came from is
even more damning. The fact that you accept everything they say as
they try to put out this fire shows how naive you are.

Dene

May 16, 2017, 5:05:56 PM5/16/17
---------

Bottom line. "Sources say" vs. what McMaster says. Anybody with common sense would choose the actual person as the source. You're so blinded by Trump hate that you will believe anything negative about him, colluding this contrived CNN fueled fake news non-event.

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 5:08:31 PM5/16/17
Except why do you believe McMaster's latest statement can be trusted in
light of the fact that his initial statement was proven (by him!) to
have been a lie?

David Laville

May 16, 2017, 5:37:30 PM5/16/17
Why is it you will believe this as gospel but won't believe any source
from the internet I post that Obama received royalty money from his
books while president and senator?

David Laville

May 16, 2017, 5:37:37 PM5/16/17
Probably the same thing that happened to Bill Clinton when he sold
advanced U.S. missile technology to China, nothing.

David Laville

May 16, 2017, 5:38:51 PM5/16/17
On Mon, 15 May 2017 19:58:47 -0400, Carbon
<nob...@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>>> Trump is an idiot, without any thought brags about his importance and
>>> knowledge of intel secrets. This time he did what he's good
>>> at.....blabbing highly sensitive intel to show off.
>>
>> I'm just waiting for one of our resident wingnuts to step up to any of
>> these obvious disasters and admit that it matters...
>
>Will never happen. These true believers are not reachable by reason.

Hey Carbon.....remember when you wrote this;

:We just got back from our bi-weekly pilgrimage to Costco. We go through a
:rural area on the way, with strawberry fields as far as the eye can see.
:The workers were close to the road this time, hunched over to the ground.
:I could see they were all Hispanic. I assume none of them are documented.
:
:The scholars in the Trump administration apparently have not considered
:the financial impact of throwing out what amounts to a millions-strong
:slave labor force.

Since you're obviously a person of "reason" care to explain the reason
why you said the Trump administration has not considered the financial
impact of a "SLAVE" labor force of undocumented Hispanics?

Remember, that is the word YOU used.

John B.

May 16, 2017, 5:44:44 PM5/16/17
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the source in this case is Donald J.

I'm not much for aggrandizing myself, but I've held two senior staff
positions in the federal government, both of which required top
secret clearance. Before that I was a journalist in DC for 16 years.
To be lectured by you about what to believe and what not to believe
just makes me laugh.

John B.

May 16, 2017, 5:46:26 PM5/16/17
I already know that Obama earned royalties from his book sales
while POTUS. All that income went into a blind trust that he couldn't
touch until he left office.

B...@onramp.net

May 16, 2017, 6:00:27 PM5/16/17
On Tue, 16 May 2017 14:05:55 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
Damn Greg, McMaster obviously lied at first, then Trump admitted it,
and gave reasons for his doing so. How can you honestly still call it
contrived Fake News? The report turned out to be spot on.
Plus it certainly wasn't a non-event.

-hh

May 16, 2017, 6:21:41 PM5/16/17
Greg wrote:
> Sources say" vs. what McMaster says. Anybody with common sense would choose the actual person as the source.

Yes, and I've already deconstructed what McMaster avoided saying ... he didn't dispute the actual claim.

So just why did McMaster dodge the key points, Greg?

-hh

David Laville

May 16, 2017, 7:13:03 PM5/16/17
Really? If you already knew why did you post this;

>On Fri, 12 May 2017 15:12:20 -0700 (PDT), "John B."
><john...@gmail.com> wrote:

>He did not make $20m while in Washington. Presidents and
>members of Congress are not allowed to earn outside income.
>Obama's income while in government consisted of his Senate
>and presidential salaries.

And this;

>On Sat, 13 May 2017 09:24:57 -0700 (PDT), "John B."
><john...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't believe or claim anything. I post facts. It is illegal
>for members of Congress and presidents to receive outside income,
>except through a blind trust. So, perhaps you can tell me where
>you got your information about where Obama got all the money
>you say he earned while president.

So can you point me to a site where his book royalties went into a
blind trust?

Dene

May 16, 2017, 7:24:51 PM5/16/17
wrote:
Damn Greg, McMaster obviously lied at first, then Trump admitted it,
and gave reasons for his doing so. How can you honestly still call it
contrived Fake News? The report turned out to be spot on.
Plus it certainly wasn't a non-event.

What I'm saying is much ado about nothing AND blatant hypocrisy. The Democrats have no concern that Hillary had classified information on an unsecured server. But....a vague reference to classified information from Trump is now a contrived uproar.

Hope the crying wolf continues. Most Americans can see through this crap. The Democrats have no message except hate for Trump. It didn't work in November and it doesn't work now. The only thing that concerns me about this matter is the integrity of the one who leaks this nonsense.

Dene

May 16, 2017, 7:25:57 PM5/16/17
I sure feel better about that!!!

John B.

May 16, 2017, 7:26:25 PM5/16/17

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 7:28:31 PM5/16/17
On 2017-05-16 4:24 PM, Dene wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2017 14:05:55 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
> wrote: - show quoted text - Damn Greg, McMaster obviously lied at
> first, then Trump admitted it, and gave reasons for his doing so.
> How can you honestly still call it contrived Fake News? The report
> turned out to be spot on. Plus it certainly wasn't a non-event.
>
> What I'm saying is much ado about nothing AND blatant hypocrisy. The
> Democrats have no concern that Hillary had classified information on
> an unsecured server. But....a vague reference to classified
> information from Trump is now a contrived uproar.

"But, but... ...Clinton!"

> Hope the crying wolf continues. Most Americans can see through this
> crap. The Democrats have no message except hate for Trump. It didn't
> work in November and it doesn't work now. The only thing that
> concerns me about this matter is the integrity of the one who leaks
> this nonsense.

48% of people polled support Trump's impeachment.

His overall approval rating is at an all time low.

John B.

May 16, 2017, 7:32:13 PM5/16/17
You're full of it, as usual. A lot of Democrats were very concerned
about HRC's use of a private e-mail server and about her sending
classified info therefrom. Most of us saw her as the lesser of two evils.

Trump knowingly and willfully gave SCI intelligence to agents of a
hostile foreign government that tried to sabotage the 2106 election.
He did so without the consent of the Israelis, from whom he had
gotten it. These are facts. It was an incredibly stupid thing to
do.

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 7:35:46 PM5/16/17
The worst part is it seems he did it casually... ...spontaneously.

No one has suggested that he discussed this disclosure with his advisers
before the meeting.

Dene

May 16, 2017, 8:45:05 PM5/16/17

You're full of it, as usual. A lot of Democrats were very concerned
about HRC's use of a private e-mail server and about her sending
classified info therefrom. Most of us saw her as the lesser of two evils.

Trump knowingly and willfully gave SCI intelligence to agents of a
hostile foreign government that tried to sabotage the 2106 election.
He did so without the consent of the Israelis, from whom he had
gotten it. These are facts. It was an incredibly stupid thing to
do.

And this damages the Israelis how??
Are the Russians directly antagonistic toward Israel?

Mountain out of a mole hill

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 8:46:40 PM5/16/17
On 2017-05-16 5:45 PM, Dene wrote:

> You're full of it, as usual. A lot of Democrats were very concerned
> about HRC's use of a private e-mail server and about her sending
> classified info therefrom. Most of us saw her as the lesser of two evils.
>
> Trump knowingly and willfully gave SCI intelligence to agents of a
> hostile foreign government that tried to sabotage the 2106 election.
> He did so without the consent of the Israelis, from whom he had
> gotten it. These are facts. It was an incredibly stupid thing to
> do.
>
> And this damages the Israelis how??

You don't know.

I guess there was no need for the information to be classified at all!

Dene

May 16, 2017, 9:03:34 PM5/16/17
You're full of it, as usual. A lot of Democrats were very concerned
about HRC's use of a private e-mail server and about her sending
classified info therefrom. Most of us saw her as the lesser of two evils.

------

But not concerned enough to reject her nomination...

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 9:08:03 PM5/16/17
Couldn't the same be said about the Republicans and their nomination of
the manifestly unfit Donald Trump?

:-)

B...@onramp.net

May 16, 2017, 9:55:37 PM5/16/17
On Tue, 16 May 2017 16:24:50 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
Most Americans see through Trump and all he's fucked up to date except
for those who are blind to these facts.

Check his polls, all of them. He's being found out and I'm surprised
that you are so blind to it.

B...@onramp.net

May 16, 2017, 10:10:38 PM5/16/17
On Tue, 16 May 2017 17:45:03 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

>You're full of it, as usual. A lot of Democrats were very concerned
>about HRC's use of a private e-mail server and about her sending
>classified info therefrom. Most of us saw her as the lesser of two evils.
>
>Trump knowingly and willfully gave SCI intelligence to agents of a
>hostile foreign government that tried to sabotage the 2106 election.
>He did so without the consent of the Israelis, from whom he had
>gotten it. These are facts. It was an incredibly stupid thing to
>do.
>
>And this damages the Israelis how??

That would be the question Trump should have thought of.
It was secret you know, and that must have been important to the
Israelis. It was Trump the usual....a blabbermouth with no concept of
honor.
>Are the Russians directly antagonistic toward Israel?
>
>Mountain out of a mole hill.
You might want to tell the GOP that. As a matter of fact Senator John
Cornym the third ranking Republican from Texas was in line for the FBI
position. . He took his name out of consideration because he said he
would like to have the position under conditions unlike they are now.
Many of Congressional Republicans know it it's not a molehill. They're
now asking for an investigation into Trump regarding his asking Comey
to drop Russian investigation.

B...@onramp.net

May 16, 2017, 10:12:40 PM5/16/17
On Tue, 16 May 2017 18:03:33 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
Why don't you jump up to 2017? That's old news that wasn't
a national concern.

Alan Baker

May 16, 2017, 10:14:29 PM5/16/17
All he's got left is:

"But, but, but... Hillary! Obama!"

Carbon

May 16, 2017, 10:14:57 PM5/16/17
On 05/16/2017 12:29 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 12:14:53 PM UTC-4, B...@onramp.net wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 May 2017 10:30:26 -0500 (CDT), Moderate <nos...@noemail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Thanks for your insane remarks.
>>
>> Insane? I know you're not kidding, so you really are brain dead.
>
> I don't know who said my remarks were insane. I assume it was Moderate.
> I've had two govt. jobs w/Top Secret clearance. If I had done what Trump
> did, I'd be charged with a felony.
>
> Not only that, he trotted out some staffers to deny he had given the
> Russians code word intel, then he admitted in a tweet that he had done
> exactly that. He gave it to representatives of an adversarial govt. w/o
> the consent of the allied govt. that had supplied it. And these bozos
> continue to defend the indefensible.

This isn't going to go on much longer. Say half the Republicans in
Congress and the Senate are capable of reason and therefore remorse.
That's all it's going to take. Trump will pull a Palin and quit once it
becomes obvious there are going to be consequences for his stupidity.

Trump's extensive business experience with his many bankruptcies will help
him judge the best time to cut and run.

Carbon

May 16, 2017, 10:56:29 PM5/16/17
> Bottom line. "Sources say" vs. what McMaster says. Anybody with common
> sense would choose the actual person as the source. You're so blinded by
> Trump hate that you will believe anything negative about him, colluding
> this contrived CNN fueled fake news non-event.

I am impressed by your stubbornness, I truly am. But it's over. Trump has
no conception of how badly he's screwed himself, not that it matters.

As a lawyer, Comey is a meticulous memo-taker. And now that Trump fired
him, Comey is a private citizen and free to speak his mind.

Trump is not above the law. He's done.

Dene

May 17, 2017, 12:18:59 AM5/17/17
wrote:
Why don't you jump up to 2017? That's old news that wasn't
a national concern.

It's hypocrisy....then and now.

Dene

May 17, 2017, 1:15:32 AM5/17/17
On Tue, 16 May 2017 16:24:50 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
Most Americans see through Trump and all he's fucked up to date except
for those who are blind to these facts.

Check his polls, all of them. He's being found out and I'm surprised
that you are so blind to it.

The polls....the ones that predicted HRC would win?
Obama did not poll well either until the final years of his presidency.

Dene

May 17, 2017, 1:16:31 AM5/17/17

> Bottom line. "Sources say" vs. what McMaster says. Anybody with common
> sense would choose the actual person as the source. You're so blinded by
> Trump hate that you will believe anything negative about him, colluding
> this contrived CNN fueled fake news non-event.

I am impressed by your stubbornness, I truly am. But it's over. Trump has
no conception of how badly he's screwed himself, not that it matters.

As a lawyer, Comey is a meticulous memo-taker. And now that Trump fired
him, Comey is a private citizen and free to speak his mind.

Trump is not above the law. He's done.

Wishful thinking.

Alan Baker

May 17, 2017, 3:06:23 AM5/17/17
On 2017-05-16 10:15 PM, Dene wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2017 16:24:50 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
> Most Americans see through Trump and all he's fucked up to date except
> for those who are blind to these facts.
>
> Check his polls, all of them. He's being found out and I'm surprised
> that you are so blind to it.
>
> The polls....the ones that predicted HRC would win?

Polls don't predict winners and losers, Greg.

> Obama did not poll well either until the final years of his presidency.

Cite...

Alan Baker

May 17, 2017, 3:06:50 AM5/17/17
LOL!

-hh

May 17, 2017, 7:05:33 AM5/17/17
Greg writes:

> And this damages the Israelis how??

Hurts their government's relationship with the US?
Reduces their own Intel.
Hurts their recruitment of agents.
Emboldens their enemies (& ours).
Increases the likelihood of another successful terrorist attack on commercial aircraft.
Increases your & my costs for commercial air travel.

> Are the Russians directly antagonistic toward Israel?

They're directly antagonistic to an Israeli ally, and this is a way to weaken both, while
also boosting their regional allies & soft power.

> Mountain out of a mole hill

McCain says it is on a "Watergate Scale".

-hh

John B.

May 17, 2017, 8:39:05 AM5/17/17
He never polled anywhere near as low as Trump does. NO president
has polled as badly as Trump this early in his term.

B...@onramp.net

May 17, 2017, 9:55:59 AM5/17/17
On Tue, 16 May 2017 21:18:57 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 16 May 2017 18:03:33 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>Why don't you jump up to 2017? That's old news that wasn't
>a national concern.
>
>It's hypocrisy....then and now.
No, it's a sycophantic excuse to try and let Donald Trump's fuckups
slide by. That won't work.

B...@onramp.net

May 17, 2017, 10:03:36 AM5/17/17
On Tue, 16 May 2017 22:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 16 May 2017 16:24:50 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
>Most Americans see through Trump and all he's fucked up to date except
>for those who are blind to these facts.
>
>Check his polls, all of them. He's being found out and I'm surprised
>that you are so blind to it.
>
>The polls....the ones that predicted HRC would win?

So you think that he's well liked by the majority and they also think
he's doing a good job? You have to be kidding.

>Obama did not poll well either until the final years of his presidency.

So that poll is OK but others aren't if they show Trump negatively?
Good, check Obama's and see how it holds up with Trump's. Nowhere
near. In fact no president has EVER polled so low as Trump. EVER !!!

Dene

May 17, 2017, 10:05:35 AM5/17/17
No President has ever endured such a witch hunt either. His poll numbers will not impede his signature or his agenda. There's plenty of time.

B...@onramp.net

May 17, 2017, 10:25:12 AM5/17/17
On Wed, 17 May 2017 07:05:33 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
Lame Greg. What causes all the problems, and they are from both sides
of the aisle? He's an accident NOT waiting to happen. The only thing
worth a damn that he's done is his appointment to the Supreme Court.
His agenda is full of lies from campaign promises so far.

MNMikeW

May 17, 2017, 10:42:59 AM5/17/17
Carbon wrote:

> Trump is not above the law. He's done.

Hillary certainly was.

Alan Baker

May 17, 2017, 11:38:26 AM5/17/17
"But, but... ...Hillary!"

Alan Baker

May 17, 2017, 11:39:56 AM5/17/17
It's not a witch hunt, Greg.

These things have really happened.

And his numbers WILL impede him.

John B.

May 17, 2017, 4:34:33 PM5/17/17
Bill Clinton had a 65% approval rating while he was being impeached.
Trump's poll numbers are low because he is a horrible president. When
are you going to wake up to that?

His poll numbers have already impeded his agenda. The White House is
consumed with damage control and very little in the way of policy-
making is going on.

Dene

May 17, 2017, 5:01:43 PM5/17/17

Bill Clinton had a 65% approval rating while he was being impeached.
Trump's poll numbers are low because he is a horrible president. When
are you going to wake up to that?

His poll numbers have already impeded his agenda. The White House is
consumed with damage control and very little in the way of policy-
making is going on.

--------

He's done more in the last hundred days then your empty suit did in six years. Trump will learn how to deal with the press. I hope he quits the briefings and just gives the biased bastards a sheet of paper.

Alan Baker

May 17, 2017, 6:10:54 PM5/17/17
He's done nearly nothing of substance.

And do you think he'll be able to keep his stories straight for more
than a day that way?

:-)

B...@onramp.net

May 17, 2017, 6:19:08 PM5/17/17
On Wed, 17 May 2017 14:01:42 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Bill Clinton had a 65% approval rating while he was being impeached.
>Trump's poll numbers are low because he is a horrible president. When
>are you going to wake up to that?
>
>His poll numbers have already impeded his agenda. The White House is
>consumed with damage control and very little in the way of policy-
>making is going on.

Damage control caused by an absolute idiot as President. He's hardly
gone a week without performing in a haphazard way. He doesn't know
what he's doing and is the center of controversies that he is to blame
for.

>--------
>
>He's done more in the last hundred days then your empty suit did in six years. Trump will learn how to deal with the press. I hope he quits the briefings and just gives the biased bastards a sheet of paper.

You've lost your mind. What has he done at all that has put our
country in better shape? Absolutely nothing except nominating a good
person for the Supreme Court. Face it Greg, he's the worst thing to
happen to America in my lifetime other than wars.

John B.

May 17, 2017, 6:33:55 PM5/17/17
He hasn't done a goddamn thing in the last 100 days except make
a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth. When are you
going to stop blaming the press for all his shortcomings?

Carbon

May 17, 2017, 7:00:40 PM5/17/17
OMG. No, there is not plenty of time. In fact Trump's presidency is
imploding even faster than I thought it would. I honestly thought he was
going to play golf full time and leave the governing to others.

But no, Trump is to dumb to recognize his own limitations, and so here we
are. Just this past week there have been revelations about not one but two
(2) impeachable offenses.

It will be the Republicans that do Trump in. There's a new self-inflicted
crisis practically every day, and nothing is getting done. Once enough of
them decide they'd rather support the rule of law the knives will come
out.

You can deny it all you want. It's still going to happen, sooner rather
than later.

Carbon

May 17, 2017, 7:07:03 PM5/17/17
On 05/17/2017 05:01 PM, Dene wrote:

>> Bill Clinton had a 65% approval rating while he was being impeached.
>> Trump's poll numbers are low because he is a horrible president. When
>> are you going to wake up to that?
>>
>> His poll numbers have already impeded his agenda. The White House is
>> consumed with damage control and very little in the way of policy-
>> making is going on.
>
> He's done more in the last hundred days then your empty suit did in six
> years.

Agree! Trump got caught committing two impeachable offenses just this past
week and Obama didn't get caught even once in his eight years in office.

Lame!

Dene

May 17, 2017, 9:21:47 PM5/17/17
Hmmmmm...

Healthcare reform
Border control
Jobs
Stock market up
Tax reform initiation
Firing Comey
Re-doing trade agreements
Syria attack

There is more but your Trump hate clouds your vision.

Dene

May 17, 2017, 9:25:35 PM5/17/17
Lame accusations. You have no evidence that he committed an impeachable
offense. Even Pelosi hasn't jumped on that silly bandwagon.

Alan Baker

May 17, 2017, 9:26:04 PM5/17/17
On 2017-05-17 6:21 PM, Dene wrote:
> On 5/17/2017 3:33 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 5:01:43 PM UTC-4, Dene wrote:
>>> Bill Clinton had a 65% approval rating while he was being impeached.
>>> Trump's poll numbers are low because he is a horrible president. When
>>> are you going to wake up to that?
>>>
>>> His poll numbers have already impeded his agenda. The White House is
>>> consumed with damage control and very little in the way of policy-
>>> making is going on.
>>>
>>> --------
>>>
>>> He's done more in the last hundred days then your empty suit did in
> six years. Trump will learn how to deal with the press. I hope he quits
> the briefings and just gives the biased bastards a sheet of paper.
>>
>> He hasn't done a goddamn thing in the last 100 days except make
>> a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth. When are you
>> going to stop blaming the press for all his shortcomings?
>>
> Hmmmmm...
>
> Healthcare reform

Which hasn't happened, nor is it likely to.

> Border control
> Jobs

Nothing he's done.

> Stock market up

Wishful thinking.

> Tax reform initiation

Nothing done. Just talk.

> Firing Comey

Obstruction of justice.

> Re-doing trade agreements

That hasn't happened.

> Syria attack

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Alan Baker

May 17, 2017, 9:27:58 PM5/17/17

Dene

May 17, 2017, 9:29:36 PM5/17/17
You cannot conceive of the likelihood that Trump and his campaign are
innocent of collusion, can you? Soon you will turn against Mueller.

One thing is certain. Leakers have committed crimes and hopefully that
will lead to prosecutions.

Another thing is certain too. Speculation will lead on Cable news and
leftists like the R.A.T. (resident asshole troll) will clog RSG with one
speculative article after another.

Alan Baker

May 17, 2017, 9:33:00 PM5/17/17
You cannot conceive that they might be guilty, can you?

"Likelihood"? Please.

> One thing is certain. Leakers have committed crimes and hopefully that
> will lead to prosecutions.
>
> Another thing is certain too. Speculation will lead on Cable news and
> leftists like the R.A.T. (resident asshole troll) will clog RSG with one
> speculative article after another.

Coward.

:-)

B...@onramp.net

May 17, 2017, 10:32:33 PM5/17/17
On Wed, 17 May 2017 18:21:39 -0700, Dene <gds...@aol.com> wrote:

>On 5/17/2017 3:33 PM, John B. wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 5:01:43 PM UTC-4, Dene wrote:
> >> Bill Clinton had a 65% approval rating while he was being impeached.
> >> Trump's poll numbers are low because he is a horrible president. When
> >> are you going to wake up to that?
> >>
> >> His poll numbers have already impeded his agenda. The White House is
> >> consumed with damage control and very little in the way of policy-
> >> making is going on.
> >>
> >> --------
> >>
> >> He's done more in the last hundred days then your empty suit did in
>six years. Trump will learn how to deal with the press. I hope he quits
>the briefings and just gives the biased bastards a sheet of paper.
> >
> > He hasn't done a goddamn thing in the last 100 days except make
> > a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth. When are you
> > going to stop blaming the press for all his shortcomings?
> >
>Hmmmmm...
>
>Healthcare reform
Not yet, if ever.
>Border control
Minimal at best Greg.
>Jobs
To date the large job numbers still belong to the last administration.
>Stock market up
Stock market tanked today.
>Tax reform initiation
Wait and see.
>Firing Comey
Stupid act. He's being nailed for it...and by Republicans.
>Re-doing trade agreements
One with China.
>Syria attack
What else could he do?

>There is more but your Trump hate clouds your vision.

Why don't you list the fuckups? There is a ton of them.

John B.

May 17, 2017, 10:34:55 PM5/17/17
He has so far failed at healthcare reform. I don't know what you mean by border patrol. The Syria attack has accomplished nothing. He has not redone any trade agreements. He has not proposed a tax reform plan. Firing Comey has done nothing but get him into trouble. He has accomplished nothing of note.

B...@onramp.net

May 17, 2017, 10:35:57 PM5/17/17
The silliness is your statement that Trump has done more than Obama.
That is absolutely ridiculous. Historians have already placed him
twelfth in the list of best presidents. Trump is in the bottom three
already.

Carbon

May 17, 2017, 11:10:55 PM5/17/17
On 05/17/2017 09:29 PM, Dene wrote:
> On 5/17/2017 4:00 PM, Carbon wrote:
>> On 05/17/2017 10:05 AM, Dene wrote:
>>
>>> So that poll is OK but others aren't if they show Trump negatively?
>>> Good, check Obama's and see how it holds up with Trump's. Nowhere
>>> near. In fact no president has EVER polled so low as Trump. EVER !!!
>>>
>>> No President has ever endured such a witch hunt either. His poll
>>> numbers will not impede his signature or his agenda. There's plenty of
>>> time.
>>
>> OMG. No, there is not plenty of time. In fact Trump's presidency is
>> imploding even faster than I thought it would. I honestly thought he
>> was going to play golf full time and leave the governing to others.
>>
>> But no, Trump is to dumb to recognize his own limitations, and so here
>> we are. Just this past week there have been revelations about not one
>> but two (2) impeachable offenses.
>>
>> It will be the Republicans that do Trump in. There's a new
>> self-inflicted crisis practically every day, and nothing is getting
>> done. Once enough of them decide they'd rather support the rule of law
>> the knives will come out.
>>
>> You can deny it all you want. It's still going to happen, sooner rather
>> than later.
>
> You cannot conceive of the likelihood that Trump and his campaign are
> innocent of collusion, can you?

Trump *and* his campaign? No. But it's certainly possible, though
unlikely, that Trump himself is innocent of colluding with the Russians.
Mark Cuban recently wrote a compelling argument in favor of just that:
https://goo.gl/CgsEq3

But at this point it doesn't matter. Trump is too inept to be president.
Per the Comey memo Trump will very likely be impeached for obstruction of
justice. Then he admits to firing Comey because he won't stop the Russia
investigation. And then he gives top secret information to the Russians,
yet another impeachable offense. He's an idiot, a walking train wreck.

Again, it'll be the Republicans who'll slide the knife in. The Dems don't
have the votes to do it by themselves.

Dene

May 17, 2017, 11:12:37 PM5/17/17
I answered John's question.

Dene

May 17, 2017, 11:14:18 PM5/17/17
So says you and people who think like you.

Dene

May 17, 2017, 11:19:01 PM5/17/17
"I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting
Flynn go. He is a good guy." That statement is an impeachable offense.

LOLOLOLOL!

> Again, it'll be the Republicans who'll slide the knife in. The Dems don't
> have the votes to do it by themselves.

True. Republicans are generally law and order people.

Alan Baker

May 17, 2017, 11:25:51 PM5/17/17
Just not the top Republicans...

:-)

Alan Baker

May 18, 2017, 12:47:38 AM5/18/17
John's question was (and I quote):

'When are you going to stop blaming the press for all his shortcomings?'

You didn't so much as acknowledge his question.

Carbon

May 18, 2017, 7:39:17 AM5/18/17
Correct.

> LOLOLOLOL!
>
>> Again, it'll be the Republicans who'll slide the knife in. The Dems don't
>> have the votes to do it by themselves.
>
> True. Republicans are generally law and order people.

I guess you can think that if it makes you feel better, but it's purely a
political calculation. As Trump's ratings continue to tank he will become
such a re-election liability that it will make sense to break with the
party. And it will be relatively safe after the trailblazers make the
outcome inevitable.

-hh

May 18, 2017, 7:54:00 AM5/18/17
Carbon wrote:

RE: Republicans being "law & order"

> I guess you can think that if it makes you feel better, but it's purely a
> political calculation. As Trump's ratings continue to tank he will become
> such a re-election liability that it will make sense to break with the
> party. And it will be relatively safe after the trailblazers make the
> outcome inevitable.

The terminology of "Law & Order" carries undertones other than of equality
& justice. It is more White Privilege, as illustrated how "inner city" crack use
was penalized much more severely than the cocaine used in white suburbs,
as well as how white collar crime gets minimal punishment in comparison to
other crimes.

Similarly, look at how anti-consumer protection the Republican platforms have
been, even when raised literally to blatant violations of the intent of the law.
Case I point, how we were about to finally get fiduciary ethical requirements
for brokers...but which has been deliberately obstructed. Think about this the
next time we all open a quarterly statement on our retirement accounts.

-hh

B...@onramp.net

May 18, 2017, 9:46:12 AM5/18/17
Cop out.
So says historians that have no agenda except to study such.

B...@onramp.net

May 18, 2017, 9:48:23 AM5/18/17
With the new guy running the investigation, it may be.

>> Again, it'll be the Republicans who'll slide the knife in. The Dems don't
>> have the votes to do it by themselves.
>
>True. Republicans are generally law and order people.

Democrats aren't? BS

B...@onramp.net

May 18, 2017, 9:51:30 AM5/18/17
On Wed, 17 May 2017 21:47:33 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>On 2017-05-17 8:12 PM, Dene wrote:

Damage control because of Trump's damages.

John B.

May 18, 2017, 10:32:35 AM5/18/17
He'll end up 45th out of 45.

John B.

May 18, 2017, 10:34:46 AM5/18/17
It's called obstruction of justice.

Dene

May 18, 2017, 3:41:19 PM5/18/17
> "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting
> Flynn go. He is a good guy." That statement is an impeachable offense.

It's called obstruction of justice.

------

Witch-hunt is more accurate.

Alan Baker

May 18, 2017, 3:44:37 PM5/18/17
LOL!

This is HILARIOUS.

We have the Director of the FBI reporting that Trump wanted him to let
someone under investigation get free pass...

...and THAT's what you're calling a witch-hunt?

B...@onramp.net

May 18, 2017, 4:28:08 PM5/18/17
On Thu, 18 May 2017 12:41:17 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
That's what you want it to be, but we don't know what the ruling will
be.

Dene

May 18, 2017, 4:45:02 PM5/18/17
I replied to his post.