OT: So which is it, wing nuts: Can you "sleep well"...

Alan Baker

Jun 17, 2018, 8:18:19 PM6/17/18
...or can things still "break down"?

'On Sunday morning, President Trump explained why he agreed to halt
joint military exercises with South Korea during his meeting in
Singapore with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

“Holding back the ‘war games’ during the negotiations was my request
because they are VERY EXPENSIVE and set a bad light during a good faith
negotiation,” Trump wrote. “Also, quite provocative. Can start up
immediately if talks break down, which I hope will not happen!”

But Trump’s acknowledgement that talks with North Korea could “break
down” conflicts with the line he’s been pushing since he returned from
Singapore — that he’s already solved the problem.

On Wednesday, Trump tweeted, categorically, that “There is no longer a
Nuclear Threat from North Korea.” He sought to reassure Americans that
as a result, they could now “sleep well.”'

<https://thinkprogress.org/trump-north-korean-nukes-tweet-military-exercises-lies-43c2710f8108/>

And these are straight from his tweets, wing nuts, so don't tell us this
is "fake news":

'Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than
the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North
Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive
experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!'

<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1006837823469735936>

'Before taking office people were assuming that we were going to War
with North Korea. President Obama said that North Korea was our biggest
and most dangerous problem. No longer - sleep well tonight!"

<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1006839007492308992?>

'Holding back the “war games” during the negotiations was my request
because they are VERY EXPENSIVE and set a bad light during a good faith
negotiation. Also, quite provocative. Can start up immediately if talks
break down, which I hope will not happen!'

<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1006837823469735936>

So can you square those for us, wing nuts?

Can you explain how Trump isn't lying...

...this time about something important?

B...@onramp.net

Jun 17, 2018, 9:35:59 PM6/17/18
He also claimed that he wasn't getting enough credit for the
not-so-good Singapore summit which was a joke. Nothing has happened
yet except he's saying that it was his idea to stop the war games not
Kim's.....trying to save face and pretend that he wasn't outdone by
him.
IMO Clinton, Bush and Obama couldn't get them to agree un till NK
finally had the nuclear possibility they now have. Trump did less
than the two Korean leaders to bring this possibility about.