Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Alan Baker

ungelesen,
29.04.2017, 00:29:0129.04.17
an
...at least according to the wingnuts.

When Obama took office at the end of a huge recession and the economy
didn't instantly turn around, you wingnuts were all apoplectic (you can
do look it up, doofus) about the fact that the recession that Bush and
his buddies created might have had something to do with it, but...

...what are you going to do now?

'The US economy slowed dramatically in the first three months of the
year, according to official data.

GDP expanded at an annual rate of 0.7% in the first quarter - the
slowest rate since the first quarter of 2014.

It will be unwelcome news for President Donald Trump who, during his
election campaign, made a pledge to raise growth to 4%.'

<http://www.bbc.com/news/business-39748165>

Own it.

-hh

ungelesen,
29.04.2017, 07:54:2529.04.17
an
Heard this on my drive yesterday. There's some spin in that consumer confidence is high,
so this might be "mixed data", but the underlying factor is that the Market was hoping that
Trump would be able to make tangible progress by now - instead, they've only seen more
Market uncertainty which equals risk. As I said a few weeks ago, the Stock Market had a
mini peak in early March and went into somewhat of a slide since then. Will probably take
a closer look when I'm home on Sunday...looks like there was some recovery this past week,
as per my easy 'canary' surrogate account...next quarter's results are really more what I'm
personally concerned about...especially if Consumer Confidence numbers start to slide.

-hh
0 neue Nachrichten