Leftist intolerance displayed

Dene

May 4, 2017, 2:00:05 AM5/4/17
Leftists are indeeed tolerant....except toward conservatives. I have experienced this over and over again.

http://observer.com/2017/04/dartmouths-college-survey-democratic-student-intolerance/

When asked how they felt about rooming with a student of opposing political views, 45 percent of students who identify as Democratic said they would be “uncomfortable” living with someone whose political opinions differed from their own. Thirty-nine percent said they would be comfortable. This was the only demographic where more people said they would be uncomfortable than comfortable living with a political opponent.

For Independents, 61 percent said they would be comfortable in such a situation, with only 16 percent saying they would be uncomfortable. Republicans were the most tolerant, with 69 percent saying they would be comfortable with a roommate whose views they opposed. Just 12 percent of Republican students said they would be uncomfortable.

Alan Baker

May 4, 2017, 2:24:20 AM5/4/17
'President of Dartmouth College Democrats Charlie Blatt ’18 said she was
not surprised that most Republicans reported they were comfortable with
having a Democratic roommate, given that a majority of students at the
College are Democrats.'

<http://www.thedartmouth.com/article/2017/04/a-survey-of-dartmouths-political-landscape>

Some of the other "observations" by the "Observer" were even less observant.

Like this:

'To get an idea of how strongly to the left these students fall, 69
percent of respondents said they “strongly disapprove” of the job
President Donald Trump is doing. No, they do not simply disapprove, or
even somewhat disapprove. This percentage of students “strongly
disapprove” of his performance.'

They simply assume that anyone who strongly disapproves of Trump must be
a leftist. Only.. ...the independents at Dartmouth were almost as
universal in there disapproval as the actual Democrats.

-hh

May 4, 2017, 7:03:35 AM5/4/17
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 2:00:05 AM UTC-4, Dene wrote:
> [deleted]

Gosh, how ironic that Greg was just trying to remind me about just how bad and
unreliable surveys & polls are ...

... but when there's one with news he likes, they're suddenly wonderful and to
be trusted fully, with utterly no doubts.

/S

For example, what's the likelihood that this poll became biased because the
Trump supporters tried to conceal that by having a higher tendency to lie ... again?

-hh

Dene

May 4, 2017, 11:20:48 AM5/4/17
On 5/4/2017 4:03 AM, -hh wrote:
> On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 2:00:05 AM UTC-4, Dene wrote:
>> [deleted]
>
> Gosh, how ironic that Greg was just trying to remind me about just how bad and
> unreliable surveys & polls are ...

Which poll predicted Trump would win the presidency?

> ... but when there's one with news he likes, they're suddenly wonderful and to
> be trusted fully, with utterly no doubts.
>

> /S
>

> For example, what's the likelihood that this poll became biased because the
> Trump supporters tried to conceal that by having a higher tendency to lie ... again?

What part of this poll do you deny?

John B.

May 4, 2017, 3:16:18 PM5/4/17
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 2:00:05 AM UTC-4, Dene wrote:
These are just college kids. Their responses are not indicative
of how adults would answer the same questions.

Alan Baker

May 4, 2017, 3:23:29 PM5/4/17
Especially when you consider that due to the proportion of each group,
more Republican students have had the chance to learn that living with a
Democrat isn't much of a thing than vice versa.

:-)

Dene

May 4, 2017, 3:48:39 PM5/4/17
Leftist intolerance has been on full display ever since Trump was
elected. There are examples after examples.

-hh

May 4, 2017, 3:49:16 PM5/4/17
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 11:20:48 AM UTC-4, Dene wrote:
> On 5/4/2017 4:03 AM, -hh wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 2:00:05 AM UTC-4, Dene wrote:
> >> [deleted]
> >
> > Gosh, how ironic that Greg was just trying to remind me about just how bad and
> > unreliable surveys & polls are ...
>
> Which poll predicted Trump would win the presidency?

Why does that matter? Be specific.

> > ... but when there's one with news he likes, they're suddenly
> > wonderful and to be trusted fully, with utterly no doubts.
> > /S
> >

> > For example, what's the likelihood that this poll became
> > biased because the Trump supporters tried to conceal that
> > by having a higher tendency to lie ... again?
>
> What part of this poll do you deny?

None of it. I'm merely pointing out where you've consciously
chosen to be highly biased.

-hh

John B.

May 4, 2017, 4:09:06 PM5/4/17
Yes, they're intolerant of Trump, as well they should be.

Dene

May 4, 2017, 4:46:01 PM5/4/17
They are intolerant of conservatives. Your own hero stated that Trump
is not an ideologue. In theory, your ilk should be happy with him in
comparison to Ted Cruz or Rand Paul.

Carbon

May 4, 2017, 7:32:36 PM5/4/17
On 05/04/2017 03:48 PM, Dene wrote:

> Leftist intolerance has been on full display ever since Trump was
> elected. There are examples after examples.

Is George Will a leftist?

https://goo.gl/gnfsqe

Alan Baker

May 4, 2017, 7:46:05 PM5/4/17
According to our wingnuts, if you don't approve of every single thing
that Trump has done, accept every lie he tells...

...then you're a leftist.

Dene

May 4, 2017, 8:04:58 PM5/4/17
Nope...he's a centrist who doesn't like Trump. Bet he doesn't shun
people on either side.

John B.

May 4, 2017, 8:08:55 PM5/4/17
George Will is NOT a centrist.

Carbon

May 4, 2017, 8:23:36 PM5/4/17
George Will is not a Centrist. He is a conservative who is unafraid to
acknowledge that the Republican president is an incurious, shallow
dullard:

"As president-elect, Trump did not know the pedigree and importance of the
one-China policy. About such things he can be, if he is willing to be,
tutored. It is, however, too late to rectify this defect: He lacks what
T.S. Eliot called a sense “not only of the pastness of the past, but of
its presence.” His fathomless lack of interest in America’s path to the
present and his limitless gullibility leave him susceptible to being blown
about by gusts of factoids that cling like lint to a disorderly mind.

John B.

May 5, 2017, 9:36:13 AM5/5/17
Some conservatives can't abide the fact that some other conservatives
don't like Trump. So, they redefine them as centrists or RINOs.

Carbon

May 5, 2017, 9:41:50 PM5/5/17
Which is hilarious, because Trump is the biggest RINO around.

Alan Baker

May 5, 2017, 10:03:26 PM5/5/17
On 2017-05-05 7:01 PM, Moderate wrote:
> Carbon <nob...@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> Wrote in message:
>>
>> Which is hilarious, because Trump is the biggest RINO around.
>>

> How is that working out for you?

It's working out badly for everyone so far.

Especially the majority of voters who voted against him.