OT: Fun...

Alan Baker

Feb 28, 2017, 12:23:43 PM2/28/17
6 weeks ago:

'President-elect Donald Trump said in a weekend interview that he is
nearing completion of a plan to replace President Obama’s signature
health-care law with the goal of “insurance for everybody,” while also
vowing to force drug companies to negotiate directly with the government
on prices in Medicare and Medicaid.'
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-vows-insurance-for-everybody-in-obamacare-replacement-plan/2017/01/15/5f2b1e18-db5d-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html>

Now:

'"I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject," Trump said.'

Then:

'Trump said his plan for replacing most aspects of Obama’s health-care
law is all but finished. Although he was coy about its details — “lower
numbers, much lower deductibles” — he said he is ready to unveil it
alongside Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).'

Now:

'"I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject," Trump said.'

Then:

'“It’s very much formulated down to the final strokes. We haven’t put it
in quite yet but we’re going to be doing it soon,” Trump said. He noted
that he is waiting for his nominee for secretary of health and human
services, Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.), to be confirmed.'
[Tom Price was confirmed more than two weeks ago]

Now:

'"I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject," Trump said.'

Then:

'“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a
philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get
it. That’s not going to happen with us.” People covered under the law
“can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified
form. Much less expensive and much better.”'