OT: All the president's lies...

Alan Baker

Jun 23, 2017, 9:57:55 PM6/23/17
...collected in one place!

<https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html>

Here's the list for January alone:

'JAN. 21 “I wasn't a fan of Iraq. I didn't want to go into Iraq.” (He
was for an invasion before he was against it.)

JAN. 21 “A reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover
14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of
Time magazine.” (Trump was on the cover 11 times and Nixon appeared 55
times.)

JAN. 23 “Between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused me to lose
the popular vote.” (There's no evidence of illegal voting.)

JAN. 25 “Now, the audience was the biggest ever. But this crowd was
massive. Look how far back it goes. This crowd was massive.” (Official
aerial photos show Obama's 2009 inauguration was much more heavily
attended.)

JAN. 25 “Take a look at the Pew reports (which show voter fraud.)” (The
report never mentioned voter fraud.)

JAN. 25 “You had millions of people that now aren't insured anymore.”
(The real number is less than 1 million, according to the Urban Institute.)

JAN. 25 “So, look, when President Obama was there two weeks ago making a
speech, very nice speech. Two people were shot and killed during his
speech. You can't have that.” (There were no gun homicide victims in
Chicago that day.)

JAN. 26 “We've taken in tens of thousands of people. We know nothing
about them. They can say they vet them. They didn't vet them. They have
no papers. How can you vet somebody when you don't know anything about
them and you have no papers? How do you vet them? You can't.” (Vetting
lasts up to two years.)

JAN. 26 “I cut off hundreds of millions of dollars off one particular
plane, hundreds of millions of dollars in a short period of time. It
wasn't like I spent, like, weeks, hours, less than hours, and many, many
hundreds of millions of dollars. And the plane's going to be better.”
(Most of the cuts were already planned.)

JAN. 28 “The coverage about me in the @nytimes and the @washingtonpost
has been so false and angry that the times actually apologized to its
dwindling subscribers and readers.” (It never apologized.)

JAN. 29 “The Cuban-Americans, I got 84 percent of that vote.” (There is
no support for this.)

JAN. 30 “Only 109 people out of 325,000 were detained and held for
questioning. Big problems at airports were caused by Delta computer
outage.” (At least 746 people were detained and processed, and the Delta
outage happened two days later.)'

John B.

Jun 23, 2017, 11:14:58 PM6/23/17
Sometime this week, he said he'd signed more bills that any president
in history. That is false.

Carbon

Jun 24, 2017, 12:43:46 AM6/24/17
On 06/23/2017 09:57 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> ....collected in one place!
I was going to post this. I am shocked that there is utter silence from the far right, shocked I tell you.

Alan Baker

Jun 26, 2017, 5:26:34 PM6/26/17
On 2017-06-23 6:57 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> ...collected in one place!
>
> <https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html>
>
> Here's the list for January alone...

And just this month:

JUNE 1 “China will be allowed to build hundreds of additional coal
plants. So, we can’t build the plants, but they can, according to this
agreement. India will be allowed to double its coal production by 2020.”
(The agreement doesn’t allow or disallow building coal plants.)

JUNE 1 “I’ve just returned from a trip overseas where we concluded
nearly $350 billion of military and economic development for the United
States, creating hundreds of thousands of jobs.” (Trump’s figures are
inflated and premature.)

JUNE 4 “At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of
London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed!’” (The mayor was
specifically talking about the enlarged police presence on the streets.)

JUNE 5 “The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel
Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to
S.C.” (Trump signed this version of the travel ban, not the Justice
Department.)

JUNE 21 “They all say it's 'nonbinding.' Like hell it's nonbinding.”
(The Paris climate agreement is nonbinding — and Trump said so in his
speech announcing the withdrawal.)

JUNE 21 “Right now, we are one of the highest-taxed nations in the
world.” (We're not.)

toms...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 10:29:40 PM6/26/17
You OMITTED Obama, who got the LIAR OF THE YEAR award!

Alan Baker

Jun 26, 2017, 10:33:15 PM6/26/17
1. Obama isn't president.

2. Cite please.

toms...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 10:40:22 PM6/26/17
THANK GOD!!!!!!

> 2. Cite please.

God, you said "please"!!!

Alan Baker

Jun 26, 2017, 10:45:15 PM6/26/17
I'm civil. At least until you make it clear you won't be civil in return.

:-)

-hh

Jun 27, 2017, 6:46:41 AM6/27/17
And you replied, which means that you no longer have the plausibility of
an excuse that you didn't read said post.

Please make providing this citation a personal priority, such as within
the next two hours from receipt.

-hh