OT: "100% chance"

Alan Baker

May 25, 2017, 6:07:41 PM5/25/17
'Carrier, the company President Trump pledged to keep on American soil,
informed the state of Indiana this week that it will soon begin cutting
632 workers from an Indianapolis factory. The manufacturing jobs will
move to Monterrey, Mexico, where the minimum wage is $3.90.

That was not supposed to happen, according to Trump's campaign promises.
He told Indiana residents at a rally last year there was a "100% chance"
he would save more jobs at the heating and air conditioning manufacturer.'

<http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-carrier-layoffs-trump-20170525-story.html>

'About 1,400 positions were on the chopping block, per company
estimates. Over the last year, Trump has claimed he could maintain at
least 1,100 of those jobs in the U.S. But on Monday, the company gave
official notice to Indiana officials that it would start laying off
workers at the factory July 20 and keep slashing staff until about 800
employees remain.

"This action follows a thorough evaluation of our manufacturing
operations," wrote Steven Morris, a Carrier manager in Indianapolis, in
a memo to Indiana's department of workforce development, "and is
intended to address the challenges the business faces in a rapidly
changing industry."'

Don't worry, wingnuts: I'm sure you'll find a way to be just fine with it!

:-)

Carbon

May 25, 2017, 8:07:07 PM5/25/17
They'll just ignore it, like they always do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance