Re: GODDAMMIT SAYS TIGER

Message has been deleted

Alan Baker

Apr 5, 2007, 8:58:49 PM4/5/07
In article <88bd32929892b140...@mixmaster.it>,
George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:

> Number 14. Bet on a sure thing and the lad puts money in your pocket every
> time. Thanks again trash mouth....but then all professional golfers talk like
> that right? And McCord gets dumped for 'bikini wax?'

Hi Ken!

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed

Bow Tie

Apr 5, 2007, 9:22:55 PM4/5/07
You think George Orwell is me, eh? Not so. He's been posting a long
time.

I watched the entire broadcast today. Tiger was the ONLY one to have a
profane outburst, throw clubs etc. And he did it twice. Class act, eh?
No real surprise. Tiger has done this stuff his whole career.

Oh, nice comment by Tiger in the interview about breaking some ANGC
property on his way to the range. Great representation for the game of
golf on national/worldwide TV.

Ken

+++++++++++++++++++++++

On Apr 5, 7:58 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> In article <88bd32929892b140d9781a8085d18...@mixmaster.it>,

Ben.

Apr 5, 2007, 9:38:31 PM4/5/07
On Apr 5, 8:22 pm, "Bow Tie" <ken_pitt...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You think George Orwell is me, eh? Not so. He's been posting a long
> time.
>
> I watched the entire broadcast today. Tiger was the ONLY one to have a
> profane outburst, throw clubs etc. And he did it twice. Class act, eh?
> No real surprise. Tiger has done this stuff his whole career.

Where were you last week when Appleby dropped the F-bomb from Houston
on a nation of unsuspecting, innocent
golf fans? That's what I thought...

> Oh, nice comment by Tiger in the interview about breaking some ANGC
> property on his way to the range. Great representation for the game of
> golf on national/worldwide TV.

It was said in jest, and I'm pretty sure everyone but you took it as
such.

Alan Baker

Apr 5, 2007, 9:41:28 PM4/5/07
In article <1175822575.3...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You think George Orwell is me, eh? Not so. He's been posting a long
> time.

Given the fact that you've been willing to break your word about posting
about Tiger before, I have no reason to the think you wouldn't got
further and post with yet another pseudonym.

> I watched the entire broadcast today. Tiger was the ONLY one to have a
> profane outburst, throw clubs etc. And he did it twice. Class act, eh?
> No real surprise. Tiger has done this stuff his whole career.

Wrong. You don't know that Tiger was the only one. You only know he was
the only one *on camera* to have such an outburst.

Given that he is the ONLY one whose every shot is covered...

> Oh, nice comment by Tiger in the interview about breaking some ANGC
> property on his way to the range. Great representation for the game of
> golf on national/worldwide TV.

Sorry, I didn't hear it, so I can't comment. But I'll bet you wouldn't
have commented if it had been anyone other than Tiger who'd done it.

Bow Tie

Apr 5, 2007, 9:44:24 PM4/5/07
I don't approve of it from anyone. I'm disappointed in Appleby. Didn't
watch the Shell Houston Open. I was **playing** golf both Saturday and
Sunday afternoon..

But, so many people act like Tiger is the greatest thing since sliced
bread. Guess what. He has warts. He shows his azz on a regular basis.
A poor sport.

A joke? Then he needs to cut loose of some of that cash he has and
hire a writer. Even the hint of behavior like that just enahnces his
reputation as a hot head.

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BigPurdueFan

Apr 5, 2007, 9:45:49 PM4/5/07
I saw Tiger spit on the 17th holes as well. Let's kick him out of the
tournament!!

Bow Tie

Apr 5, 2007, 9:48:32 PM4/5/07
I've had it with you. Be ready to defend yourself if I ever see you
again, eh?

You have never done anything but attack me.

Ken

+++++++++++++++++++++

On Apr 5, 8:41 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <1175822575.347860.190...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

> the demo of the iPhone speakerphone.- Hide quoted text -

Alan Baker

Apr 5, 2007, 9:55:26 PM4/5/07
In article <1175824112.2...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've had it with you. Be ready to defend yourself if I ever see you
> again, eh?

What, are you going to toss more golf clubs? :-)

> You have never done anything but attack me.

Try keeping your word. You promised not to post about Tiger anymore and
on numerous occasions since then you've broken your word.

It's amazing that you have no regard for all the people you've pissed
off with your Tiger obsession but expect that you'll get treated with
kid gloves.

Here's the scoop, Ken:

Tiger swears and almost nobody cares.

Nobody appointed you etiquette master to the PGA Tour and we all already
know what your opinion is. Maybe it wasn't you doing it this time, but
given your track record (which includes changing your posting name to
continue your vendetta after promising you'd stop) can you blame me for
thinking you were at it again?

Bow Tie

Apr 5, 2007, 9:59:58 PM4/5/07
Stick it up your azz, eh? How about using one of your call phones?
You'd enjoy it.

I am amazed that people cannot see the harm in his behavior, all the
time acting like he is so wonderful.

Ken

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Apr 5, 8:55 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <1175824112.247645.245...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

"R&B"

Apr 5, 2007, 10:01:33 PM4/5/07
<yawn>

You are such a one-trick pony.

Randy

"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

WW

Apr 5, 2007, 10:02:38 PM4/5/07
Honestly, I would find it hard to contain my emotions also. The guy
cares that much where it does upset him greatly. I was the golf
channel this morning..... some old Jack Nick tourny. They actually
caught him throwing out an fbomb too. I think I saw Anica throwing out
some nasty words last week also. They all do it.
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bow Tie

Apr 5, 2007, 10:05:14 PM4/5/07
Jack? I don't believe you.

How does that absolve Tiger, even if he did.

Ken

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> > > such.- Hide quoted text -

Bow Tie

Apr 5, 2007, 10:06:08 PM4/5/07
Now you're going to start attacking me too? I didn't start the thread.
Clearly Tiger did it. I saw and heard it.

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Apr 5, 9:01 pm, "\"R&B\"" <noneofyourbusin...@all.com> wrote:
> <yawn>
>
> You are such a one-trick pony.
>
> Randy
>

> "Bow Tie" <ken_pitt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> the demo of the iPhone speakerphone.- Hide quoted text -

Chris Bellomy

Apr 5, 2007, 10:56:38 PM4/5/07
Hey Ken, you still in Texas?

--
Chris Bellomy
C-List Charter Member

George Orwell

Apr 5, 2007, 11:15:03 PM4/5/07
In article <1175824958.3...@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>

I've watched those replays many times and have yet to see anything like what you have mentioned in any of them. First of all, even if Jack had done that, do your REALLY think they would have left them in the replay to be seen over and over again? Can you be more specific or are you just talking through your hat?

George Orwell

Apr 5, 2007, 11:45:04 PM4/5/07
to mail...@dizum.com
In article <1175822575.3...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>

You would think a guy that plays as well as he does would be able to handle and control himself better. Wonder if he'll swear in front of that kid he has coming? Not even going to mention the big wad of spit he dumped on the apron of the 18th as he walked off. Funny how you see that happen just on the bad holes. I'm sure it's an accident though. At least Sergio hit something with his hocker. ;-)

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 1:03:04 AM4/6/07
In article <1175824798....@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Stick it up your azz, eh? How about using one of your call phones?
> You'd enjoy it.

"Call phones"? If you'd like to rephrase that in -- say -- English,
perhaps I can respond.

> I am amazed that people cannot see the harm in his behavior, all the
> time acting like he is so wonderful.

He isn't acting like he's anything, Ken. He's just playing golf and
getting frustrated when he doesn't live up to his own standards...

...JUST LIKE ANYONE ONE OF US, YOU INCREDIBLE HYPOCRITE!

Tiger Woods is not responsible for what the media makes of him. And I'm
sorry that you're so obviously obsessed with trying to run him down
because he is the greatest golfer there's been to date, but that's just
the way it is.

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 1:03:30 AM4/6/07
In article <1175825168....@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now you're going to start attacking me too? I didn't start the thread.

You claim...

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 1:04:24 AM4/6/07
In article <1175825114....@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jack? I don't believe you.

Of course you don't. Jack is your idol and can do know wrong.

Tiger's real offense isn't that he cusses, it's that he's better than
Jack.

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 1:05:31 AM4/6/07
In article <aeba17e03adab8ea...@mixmaster.it>,
George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:

Have you (if you're not actual Ken Pitts Jr.) never sworn or behaved
badly after a shot which you flubbed?

WW

Apr 6, 2007, 2:10:16 AM4/6/07
Thu, Apr 5 9:47 am U.S. Senior Open Highlights Jack Nicklaus
HUS 1991

how's this for specific, I was on the treadmill watching the golf
channel @ around 10:00. I can read lips. It was Arnie,chi chi, lee
travino. I was half ass watching but saw that much. Why is it soo hard
to believe?

mont...@aol.com

Apr 6, 2007, 7:49:02 AM4/6/07
> Jack? I don't believe you.<

I don't, either. The most vile thing I ever heard Nicklaus say after
an errant shot was "good gracious."

Bow Tie

Apr 6, 2007, 8:55:54 AM4/6/07
In your mentally depleted Canuck state, you do not understand the idea
of context? What does it really matter what any of us do on the golf
course? Tiger is compensated with tens of millions of dollars to be a
golf professional. Should he not act like a professional? My point all
along - for over ten years now - is that he should represent the game
like a professional. There is no doubt he did it again (Ooops I did it
again!). Many posts on the matter at The Golf Channel.

The following is from someone who claims to be a professional. It is
in a thread about how USA Network censored Tiger's outbursts in the
evening re-broadcast. I wonder why they thought it necessary to do
that.

Yes, I meant cell phone.

Once again, I am not George Orwell. Quit suggesting I am.

++++++++++++++++++

GREAT RESPONSE BY USA.
I HATE THE WAY HE CURSES IN FRONT OF CHILDREN (SAD}. Competitive or
not, it is getting old and he is getting older.
*
Quick story. My two brothers and I went bowling. My oldest brother and
I bowl pretty good (we have our own gear). My next to the oldest
brother doesn't bowl on the regular. I won the first two games and my
oldest brother won the last 3. My other brother all he did was curse
when he didn't strike or spare using HOUSE SHOES and a HOUSE BALL. He
said "f--k" so loud, I was ready to leave the bowling alley. I even
had to get on him for saying "s--t" in front of my child.
*
So, to me TIGER's no exception. No matter if he's a role model or not,
he should leave the cursing at home.

++++++++++++++++++++

Get a clue.

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++

On Apr 6, 12:05 am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <aeba17e03adab8eae033fb94ea6bc...@mixmaster.it>,
> George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:
>

> > In article <1175822575.347860.190...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>

> the demo of the iPhone speakerphone.- Hide quoted text -

Bow Tie

Apr 6, 2007, 9:04:35 AM4/6/07
Yeah. I'd like to see you some time soon.

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++

Bow Tie

Apr 6, 2007, 10:24:40 AM4/6/07
Another post from TGC. I guess this guy is a hypocrite also. Because I
agree with him 100% about this. He must be.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When you've let a few expletives slip out, you were probably heard
just by 3 of your buddies and maybe a few squirrels. It's different
when Tiger screams GD and throws his club in disgust on national TV at
the Masters. He was in the right rough near the gallery, and he
subjected women, children, and others that look up to him who were
standing only a few yards away to his rude and childish behavior, not
to mention the national tv audience. Do I want my child to emulate
what he saw from Tiger when he hits a bad shot? No, I'd jerk him off
the course and take his clubs away til he learned respect for the game
and for others around him.

If it was a first for Tiger, I could easily forgive him but it seems
to be more of a continual habit than an occasional slip. I'm not a
Tiger hater, but I am a Tiger's foul mouth and club throwing hater.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

YMMV

Ken

B. Martin

Apr 6, 2007, 10:59:42 AM4/6/07
Anecdotal posting is meaningless and shows you lack the intelligence
to reach a
conclusion based on sufficient data. When tv ratings and attendance
go down
traced to Woods' behavior, then you might be able to make a
correlative argument
that his actions cause harm. Until then, you are simply a spoilded
child who
is unhappy that not everybody agrees with him.

You are a simpleton who lacks intellectual rigor or intellectual
honesty.

B. Martin

annika1980

Apr 6, 2007, 11:16:13 AM4/6/07
On Apr 6, 9:04 am, "Bow Tie" <ken_pitt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Hey Ken, you still in Texas?

> Yeah. I'd like to see you some time soon.
>
> Ken

That sounds like a threat.

Chris Bellomy

Apr 6, 2007, 11:18:07 AM4/6/07
Likewise! Drop me an email and we'll go play...

cb

Bow Tie <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Yeah. I'd like to see you some time soon.

:
:

Bow Tie

Apr 6, 2007, 11:21:53 AM4/6/07
A simpleton? Right. I'll let my clients know.

You ever heard of right and wrong? Tiger's behavior is wrong. Period.

You are just another member of the anvil chorus attacking me like
Baker.

What the other posts mean is that other people agree with me.

Why am I not intellectually honest? My position on this has been
consistent for years.

Say hi! to the PC crowd at your campus.

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> > Ken- Hide quoted text -

Howard Brazee

Apr 6, 2007, 11:55:39 AM4/6/07
On 6 Apr 2007 08:21:53 -0700, "Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>You ever heard of right and wrong? Tiger's behavior is wrong. Period.

I've heard of right and wrong - and I see wars fought between
Righteous people who *know* that their ideas are right, and they are
willing to cause harm for their causes.

So what makes a public F-bomb wrong? Question mark.

Who is hurt?

Bow Tie

Apr 6, 2007, 12:04:04 PM4/6/07
People are offended by the behavior. Is that so hard to understand?
Me? I think it's funny and that Tiger is a big baby when he does it.

Here is a for instance. My nephew is a deacon in a Baptist church. He
was watching when Tiger had his major blow-up at the 2000 US Open.
Ever since, my nephew watches golf with the sound down when Tiger is
in the field. He doesn't want that kind of language cascading into his
living room without warning. As part of something as innocuous as pro
golf on one of the big three networks, he should not have to be
concerned about it.

Forget the language. What about the gratuitous damage to courses that
Tiger has done intentionally in anger? Hardly fair to the rest of the
field. And he doesn't even bother to fix it.

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bobby Knight

Apr 6, 2007, 12:56:07 PM4/6/07
On 6 Apr 2007 09:04:04 -0700, "Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>People are offended by the behavior. Is that so hard to understand?
>Me? I think it's funny and that Tiger is a big baby when he does it.

Ken, for the umpteenth time, you need to just give this up. This is
something that most don't even care about.

There's a lot of golf being played at Augusta. It would be a hell of
a lot more interesting to hear from you about that, rather than a
rehash of your ten-year rant over something that's not going to
change anyway.
___,
\o

/ \
.
“Someone likes every shot”
bk

Bill H.

Apr 6, 2007, 1:14:51 PM4/6/07
On Apr 5, 5:41 pm, George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:
> Number 14. Bet on a sure thing and the lad puts money in your pocket every time. Thanks again trash mouth....but then all professional golfers talk like that right?

I don't see why you'd be upset about this. Trash mouth? What are
you, like 90 years old or something? Do you get offended at PG-13
movies, too?

Personally, I swear all the time. It feels good, especially when you
shank a ball into the trees. Sometimes I go with
"Aww....sonofabitch!" or once in a while I'll throw in a "Jesus-
fucking-Christ" when I miss a three-foot putt. Then there's the
cathartic "motherfucker!" when I skull a chip shot across the green.

These guys are golfers. Golf is a frustrating game. Frustration
gives birth to profanity.

Mike Dalecki

Apr 6, 2007, 1:15:02 PM4/6/07

Bobby, Ken isn't going to give up until you admit he's right.

The fact that "offended" people can turn down the sound or even not
watch, doesn't matter. Heck, I'm offended by the gratuitous use of
torture scenes in the show "24"; I don't complain about it, I just don't
watch.

You'd think that anyone would be able to use the "off" button as
effectively if they are offended by Tiger, or at least turn down the
sound. Or even just mute the sound whenever Tiger was shown, for fear
that their tender ears might be bruised.

The fact that advertisers flock to Tiger despite his apparently flagrant
disrespect of Ken's rather puritanical nature should tell him otherwise,
but he's had, as you say, 10 years to figure it out.

I've never been able to figure out why he's on this hobbyhorse. Is it
simply because Tiger is so much better than Jack was, and Ken resents
him for it? I used to think it was racist, but a number of people who
know him better than I have assured me it's not. So I'm at a loss why
he cares so darned much.

Especially as there are so many worse things in the world to be offended
about.

Mike

--
Mike Dalecki GCA Accredited Clubmaker http://clubdoctor.com
RSG-Wisconsin 2007: June 22-24----Lawsonia!

Howard Brazee

Apr 6, 2007, 1:16:55 PM4/6/07
On 6 Apr 2007 09:04:04 -0700, "Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>People are offended by the behavior. Is that so hard to understand?
>Me? I think it's funny and that Tiger is a big baby when he does it.

There are people offended by anything. If offending others is how we
measure whether a behavior is harmful, then all behavior is harmful.

Some people are offended by people because they *don't* swear.

>Forget the language. What about the gratuitous damage to courses that
>Tiger has done intentionally in anger? Hardly fair to the rest of the
>field. And he doesn't even bother to fix it.

Different topic altogether, and not one I was responding to.

Chris Bellomy

Apr 6, 2007, 2:16:17 PM4/6/07
Mike Dalecki <mi...@removeclubdoctor.com> wrote:

: Bobby Knight wrote:
:> On 6 Apr 2007 09:04:04 -0700, "Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:
:>
:>> People are offended by the behavior. Is that so hard to understand?
:>> Me? I think it's funny and that Tiger is a big baby when he does it.
:>
:> Ken, for the umpteenth time, you need to just give this up. This is
:> something that most don't even care about.
:>
:> There's a lot of golf being played at Augusta. It would be a hell of
:> a lot more interesting to hear from you about that, rather than a
:> rehash of your ten-year rant over something that's not going to
:> change anyway.
:
: Bobby, Ken isn't going to give up until you admit he's right.

I'm trying to figure out why Ken should give it up when Bobby
and you won't give *him* up. Your argument that Ken could just
turn the volume down speaks volumes about rsg readers being able
to plonk or ignore him. It's the same thing, only at a meta level.

Offered with all due respect, of course.

George Orwell

Apr 6, 2007, 2:29:53 PM4/6/07
In article <alangbaker-26303...@news.telus.net>

I'm not the number one player in the world, nor am I a professional making millions playing a game and being coddled by sponsors, nor am I a spokesmand for The First Tee nor am I responsible to, according to Tiger's own words, "feel responsible to give something back to the game that has given me so much," nor am I looked up to by most kids under 12 picking up the game of golf, nor am I a budding father, and the list could go on....... Am I'm not Ken or anybody else but me.

Yes Amir ....There is a Windstorm and a Camel

Apr 6, 2007, 2:36:44 PM4/6/07
On Apr 5, 6:41 pm, George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:
> Number 14. Bet on a sure thing and the lad puts money in your pocket every time. Thanks again trash mouth....but then all professional golfers talk like that right? And McCord gets dumped for 'bikini wax?'

Hell dammit ..I would use WORDS ...that are forbidden by the Carlin
rules! Wanna know what
they are ? Here ..#@$!@$ %^%* !##$ @#$ &*%^**( @#!$# and of
course the final the
coup de gras !@$!%##$$*&%^*^(&)U_+_@!@!%#$%#&$*

George Orwell

Apr 6, 2007, 2:44:55 PM4/6/07
In article <1175879691.2...@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>

Try a hand at coaching high school and middle school golfers and to instill some sort of feeling for the game other than going to college and playing golf and winning a lot of money is utmost in their mind while swearing on the course, showing bad behavior, throwing clubs and generally having little regard for the game otherwise.Golf is frustrating and seeing bad behavior creep into it because of the leading golfer in the world, and the leading role model according to thses kids, is even more so. I don't personally give a shit if he swears on every hole but this isn't about me. I guess that's the difference...I'm thinking big picture rather than as an adult who plays the game just for fun.

George Orwell

Apr 6, 2007, 2:44:55 PM4/6/07
In article <1175871582....@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>

Using a ridiculous example that if ratings go down because of Tiger's language is assuming that everyone is watching just because of Woods. Believe it or not, golf was around before him and will be around after him and whether you like it or not, is around now in spite of him. Ratings are not going to go down because of on out of 150 players in the field. You have missed the point and to explain it further would be to actually think you had a chance of picking it up the second time around. Don't think that will happen so carry on in your own world.

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 2:49:02 PM4/6/07
In article <2169197a00fd4c15...@mixmaster.it>,
George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:

You're also not forced to watch or to let your children watch.

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 2:54:42 PM4/6/07
In article <0T408ni...@redshark.goodshow.net>,
Chris Bellomy <pu...@tbbqfubj.arg.invalid> wrote:

The difference is that Ken is posting in a forum that *invites* replies.
The purpose of this place is to post replies.

I'm giving back to Ken what he gives me.

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 2:57:20 PM4/6/07
In article <1175864154.4...@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In your mentally depleted Canuck state, you do not understand the idea
> of context? What does it really matter what any of us do on the golf
> course? Tiger is compensated with tens of millions of dollars to be a
> golf professional. Should he not act like a professional? My point all
> along - for over ten years now - is that he should represent the game
> like a professional. There is no doubt he did it again (Ooops I did it
> again!). Many posts on the matter at The Golf Channel.

Why it matters, you mental midget, is that you claim to be *offended* by
Tiger's behaviour, yet you commit the behaviour yourself. That is
textbook hypocrisy.

> The following is from someone who claims to be a professional. It is
> in a thread about how USA Network censored Tiger's outbursts in the
> evening re-broadcast. I wonder why they thought it necessary to do
> that.

Why should I care?

> Yes, I meant cell phone.
>
> Once again, I am not George Orwell. Quit suggesting I am.

Tell you what: first you have to live up to what you said you would do
before you get to ask me to do anything...

George Orwell

Apr 6, 2007, 3:00:08 PM4/6/07
In article <1175864154.4...@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>

It's amazing how a guy that wants us to take everything at face value that he says has so much trouble believing I am me and you are thee???

Bobby Knight

Apr 6, 2007, 3:04:07 PM4/6/07

It isn't the same at all. My reason is that Ken is a friend. I, for
one, don't enjoy seeing a friend making such mistakes With all due
respect, since you also have a personal relationship with him, why
would you want to see others plonk, and ignore, him, when he has much
to offer other than posts about TW's language?

George Orwell

Apr 6, 2007, 3:30:05 PM4/6/07
In article <1175839816.0...@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>

Because I have long ago given up believing random statements on the internet. You're "on the treadmill and you can read lips" is hardly a glowing example of what I want to hang my hat on for a solid, rock-hard statement. Give me something credible and I'll belieive it. Otherwise, keep treading.

Bow Tie

Apr 6, 2007, 3:39:45 PM4/6/07
I can ask you to do anything I want, any time I want. And you can
refuse all you want.

My latest request. Forget I even exist.

Otherwise, best regards.

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Apr 6, 1:57 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
<whatever>

Bow Tie

Apr 6, 2007, 3:41:43 PM4/6/07
Another thing, eh?

I have never claimed that **I** am offended. I am saying there are
thousands of people watching who are.

Ken

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bow Tie

Apr 6, 2007, 3:45:58 PM4/6/07
Me? Puritanical? LOL! I've wasted so much time, money and effort in
pursuit of having a good time. You are showing once again that you
know so very little about me. Not only that, I did four years in the
Navy.

Thanks for backing off the racism angle. It was not at all fair.

Ken

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 4:28:26 PM4/6/07
In article <398cb740db96be9a...@mixmaster.it>,
George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:

Where did you get the idea that I want anyone to take *anything* at face
value?

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 4:29:05 PM4/6/07
In article <1175888385.5...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I can ask you to do anything I want, any time I want. And you can
> refuse all you want.
>
> My latest request. Forget I even exist.

My latest request: live up to your word.

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 4:29:41 PM4/6/07
In article <1175888503....@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Another thing, eh?
>
> I have never claimed that **I** am offended. I am saying there are
> thousands of people watching who are.

Did they elect you their spokesperson?

No?

Then why not live up to your word?

George Orwell

Apr 6, 2007, 4:31:14 PM4/6/07
In article <alangbaker-CCC7C...@news.telus.net>

That's a tired argument, although valid. I watch and wouldn't force others to watch. All I know is that when something comes on tv that could contain "offensive language," there are disclaimers on anything from "South Park" to "The Shield." YOu don't expect to tune into a major golf tournament like the Masters and hear what is considered "offensive" on any other show. I know Tiger's gonna swear and I know the cameras will catch it at least once and that's why I won the bet I made. Many are tuning in to see good golf and instead, hearing bad lanugage. If it doens't offend you, so be it. I'm not thinking about you and me, I'm trying to think about minds that may be more impressionable. Now if you don't get that or you don't agree with it {??_ find but my original statement was that if shouldn't happen, it did happen, I knew it would, and I'm richer for it, in the pocket. The game, however, is the poorer.
QED

George Orwell

Apr 6, 2007, 4:31:16 PM4/6/07
In article <pjuc13d143ji9pr28...@4ax.com>

change anyway" but to all reasonable golfers and others, should.

annika1980

Apr 6, 2007, 4:33:48 PM4/6/07
On Apr 6, 2:44 pm, George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:
> Believe it or not, golf was around before him and will be around after him and whether you like it or not, is around now in spite of him. Ratings are not going to go down because of on out of 150 players in the field.

Bullshit (oops, hope Ken wasn't reading this).
Not only do ratings drop when Tiger isn't playing, so do ticket sales.
Sure, golf will still be around without Tiger, but will it be as
popular? Nope.

Chris Bellomy

Apr 6, 2007, 4:39:04 PM4/6/07
: On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:16:17 GMT, Chris Bellomy

:>: Bobby Knight wrote:
:>:>
:>:
:>: Bobby, Ken isn't going to give up until you admit he's right.
:>
:>I'm trying to figure out why Ken should give it up when Bobby
:>and you won't give *him* up. Your argument that Ken could just
:>turn the volume down speaks volumes about rsg readers being able
:>to plonk or ignore him. It's the same thing, only at a meta level.
:>
:>Offered with all due respect, of course.
:
: It isn't the same at all. My reason is that Ken is a friend. I, for
: one, don't enjoy seeing a friend making such mistakes

I considered that. I think it's the best possible reason, but
it still fails for the reasons stated below.

: With all due

: respect, since you also have a personal relationship with him, why
: would you want to see others plonk, and ignore, him, when he has much
: to offer other than posts about TW's language?

I don't think anyone with a sincere interest in golf should plonk
him outright, because he does have the point of view of a genuinely
good player and thus has rare insight. But I do think that those who
are put off by his Javert-like pursuit of Tiger Valjean (Tiger
Valtiger?) -- myself included, as I am one -- are better off just
recognizing that, like a cat, Ken's gonna do what Ken's gonna do
and our friendly admonitions are unlikely to have much effect.

For the record, when *I* am busy Stemmering the group, just keep
it yourself, or gossip about me on your fancy c-list, see if I
care!

Bobby Knight

Apr 6, 2007, 4:47:59 PM4/6/07
On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 22:31:14 +0200 (CEST), George Orwell
<nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:

>In article <alangbaker-CCC7C...@news.telus.net>
>Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:

<clip>

>> You're also not forced to watch or to let your children watch.

<clip

>YOu don't expect to tune into a major golf tournament like the Masters and hear what is considered "offensive" on any other show. I know Tiger's gonna swear and I know the cameras will catch it at least once and that's why I won the bet I made.

First you say you don't expect something, and then that you know it's
gonna happen.

___,
\o

/ \
.
“Someone likes every shot”

bk

Bobby Knight

Apr 6, 2007, 4:50:10 PM4/6/07
On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 22:31:16 +0200 (CEST), George Orwell
<nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:

>In article <pjuc13d143ji9pr28...@4ax.com>
>Bobby Knight <bkn...@conramp.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 6 Apr 2007 09:04:04 -0700, "Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >People are offended by the behavior. Is that so hard to understand?
>> >Me? I think it's funny and that Tiger is a big baby when he does it.
>>
>> Ken, for the umpteenth time, you need to just give this up. This is
>> something that most don't even care about.
>>
>> There's a lot of golf being played at Augusta. It would be a hell of
>> a lot more interesting to hear from you about that, rather than a
>> rehash of your ten-year rant over something that's not going to
>> change anyway.

>"something that's not going to
>change anyway" but to all reasonable golfers and others, should.

It doesn't seem to matter to enough people to make a change, so
"should" is only an opinion. Frankly, it doesn't bother me a bit, and
that too is only an opinion.

___,
\o

/ \
.
“Someone likes every shot”

bk

Alan Baker

Apr 6, 2007, 4:54:32 PM4/6/07
In article <17d778f726e8cb6c...@mixmaster.it>,
George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:

The game is unchanged.

It's funny how your arguments echo Ken Pitts' almost precisely, though...

The fact is that:

1. Everyone knows by now that Tiger may curse on camera occasionally.
Anyone who is worried about that doesn't have to watch.

2. The networks know as well and could show the whole broadcast on seven
second delay if they received enough complaints to warrant doing so.
They don't do it. I'm sure that you can figure out the obvious inference.

Bobby Knight

Apr 6, 2007, 4:55:21 PM4/6/07
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:39:04 GMT, Chris Bellomy
<pu...@tbbqfubj.arg.invalid> wrote:

>Bobby Knight <bkn...@conramp.net> wrote:
>: On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:16:17 GMT, Chris Bellomy
>: <pu...@tbbqfubj.arg.invalid> wrote:

>:>I'm trying to figure out why Ken should give it up when Bobby
>:>and you won't give *him* up. Your argument that Ken could just
>:>turn the volume down speaks volumes about rsg readers being able
>:>to plonk or ignore him. It's the same thing, only at a meta level.
>:>
>:>Offered with all due respect, of course.
>:
>: It isn't the same at all. My reason is that Ken is a friend. I, for
>: one, don't enjoy seeing a friend making such mistakes
>
>I considered that. I think it's the best possible reason, but
>it still fails for the reasons stated below.
>
>: With all due : respect, since you also have a personal relationship with him, why
>: would you want to see others plonk, and ignore, him, when he has much
>: to offer other than posts about TW's language?
>
>I don't think anyone with a sincere interest in golf should plonk
>him outright, because he does have the point of view of a genuinely
>good player and thus has rare insight.

Plonk outright? Can you plonk any other way?

> But I do think that those who are put off by his Javert-like pursuit of Tiger Valjean (Tiger
>Valtiger?) -- myself included, as I am one -- are better off just
>recognizing that, like a cat, Ken's gonna do what Ken's gonna do
>and our friendly admonitions are unlikely to have much effect.

But you see all of his posts. Those that plonk him don't.

>For the record, when *I* am busy Stemmering the group, just keep
>it yourself, or gossip about me on your fancy c-list, see if I
>care!

Oh, you care...and we're tired of gossiping about you anyway.

BigPurdueFan

Apr 6, 2007, 5:12:36 PM4/6/07
> Here is a for instance. My nephew is a deacon in a Baptist church. He
> was watching when Tiger had his major blow-up at the 2000 US Open.
> Ever since, my nephew watches golf with the sound down when Tiger is
> in the field. He doesn't want that kind of language cascading into his
> living room without warning.

In that case, he can't watch ANY sports on TV. I've seen situations in
every sport where a cuss word was spoken. It's a brutal world.

Chris Bellomy

Apr 6, 2007, 5:11:06 PM4/6/07

:>:
:>: It isn't the same at all. My reason is that Ken is a friend. I, for
:>: one, don't enjoy seeing a friend making such mistakes
:>
:>I considered that. I think it's the best possible reason, but
:>it still fails for the reasons stated below.
:>
:>: With all due : respect, since you also have a personal relationship with him, why
:>: would you want to see others plonk, and ignore, him, when he has much
:>: to offer other than posts about TW's language?
:>
:>I don't think anyone with a sincere interest in golf should plonk
:>him outright, because he does have the point of view of a genuinely
:>good player and thus has rare insight.
:
: Plonk outright? Can you plonk any other way?

Yes, you can plonk threads.

:> But I do think that those who are put off by his Javert-like pursuit of Tiger Valjean (Tiger

:>Valtiger?) -- myself included, as I am one -- are better off just
:>recognizing that, like a cat, Ken's gonna do what Ken's gonna do
:>and our friendly admonitions are unlikely to have much effect.
:
: But you see all of his posts. Those that plonk him don't.

There are those who are rubbed the wrong way so badly by him
that they're probably better off just plonking him. Alan Baker
might be one of those. Possibly Mike.

:>For the record, when *I* am busy Stemmering the group, just keep

:>it yourself, or gossip about me on your fancy c-list, see if I
:>care!
:
: Oh, you care...and we're tired of gossiping about you anyway.

I heard that I got a Rules question wrong! Actually not, I was too
busy watching my grass grow to take a Rules quiz.

BigPurdueFan

Apr 6, 2007, 5:15:19 PM4/6/07
On Apr 6, 1:14 pm, "Bill H." <bill...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 5, 5:41 pm, George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:
>
> > Number 14. Bet on a sure thing and the lad puts money in your pocket every time. Thanks again trash mouth....but then all professional golfers talk like that right?
>
> I don't see why you'd be upset about this. Trash mouth? What are
> you, like 90 years old or something? Do you get offended at PG-13
> movies, too?
>
> Personally, I swear all the time. It feels good, especially when you
> shank a ball into the trees. Sometimes I go with
> "Aww....sonofabitch!" or once in a while I'll throw in a "Jesus-
> fucking-Christ" when I miss a three-foot putt. Then there's the
> cathartic "motherfucker!" when I skull a chip shot across the green.
>
> These guys are golfers. Golf is a frustrating game. Frustration
> gives birth to profanity.

My daughter will learn cuss words just as I learned them, through the
game of golf. Unfortunately I have proven that point a couple of
times this year already!

Mike Dalecki

Apr 6, 2007, 5:42:45 PM4/6/07

So badly? I'm almost never in his threads--I just felt like responding
to Bobby.

I agree that Ken has much he could offer from the point of view of a
good player. Mental game stuff, short game stuff, course
management--good players see things far differently than those who
aren't so good. They--and I--could learn from him.

The sad thing is that if Ken posts here at all, what do you suppose it
is about? I almost never click posts by him--the odds are it'll simply
be more of the same ol' crap. In other words, nothing new, and nothing
changes.

That's the hole he's dug for himself--people plonking him, or simply
ignoring his posts, because the odds that he's saying something new, or
interesting, or useful, are very low. Very low.

And more's the pity. He *wants* people to listen to him. His posting
record simply reduces the chance they will.

Mike

--
Mike Dalecki GCA Accredited Clubmaker http://clubdoctor.com
RSG-Wisconsin 2007: June 22-24----Lawsonia!
Website: http://clubdoctor.com/rsgwis2007

Message has been deleted

multi

Apr 6, 2007, 8:01:23 PM4/6/07
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 01:41:28 GMT, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> Oh, nice comment by Tiger in the interview about breaking some ANGC
>> property on his way to the range. Great representation for the game of
>> golf on national/worldwide TV.
>
>Sorry, I didn't hear it, so I can't comment. But I'll bet you wouldn't
>have commented if it had been anyone other than Tiger who'd done it.

I think Pitts is lying again. IIRC, Tiger joked that he was heading
for the range, and he might break something along the way. I assumed
he meant his putter or driver. Leave it to Pitts to insert something.
I bet his wife is glad he only does it on the net.

"R&B"

Apr 6, 2007, 11:35:50 PM4/6/07
I'm not attacking you. I'm merely making an observation, and I stand by it.

In all the years I've been in RSG, if I had to bet my life on anything, it
would be that upwards of 80% of all your golf-related posts in all these
years have concerned, either directly or indirectly, this single subject of
Tiger's mouth. It might even be closer to 90 or 95%. We haven't read
anything new from you about it since around 1997.

So yes, I consider you a one-trick pony, devoid of any imagination and
virtually incapable of original thought.

Do something to prove me wrong.

But don't expect me to hold my breath waiting.

> Now you're going to start attacking me too? I didn't start the thread.
> Clearly Tiger did it. I saw and heard it.
>
> Ken
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> On Apr 5, 9:01 pm, "\"R&B\"" <noneofyourbusin...@all.com> wrote:
>> <yawn>
>>
>> You are such a one-trick pony.
>>
>> Randy
>>
>> "Bow Tie" <ken_pitt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > You think George Orwell is me, eh? Not so. He's been posting a long
>> > time.
>>
>> > I watched the entire broadcast today. Tiger was the ONLY one to have a
>> > profane outburst, throw clubs etc. And he did it twice. Class act, eh?
>> > No real surprise. Tiger has done this stuff his whole career.
>>

>> > Oh, nice comment by Tiger in the interview about breaking some ANGC
>> > property on his way to the range. Great representation for the game of
>> > golf on national/worldwide TV.
>>

>> > Ken
>>
>> > +++++++++++++++++++++++

"R&B"

Apr 7, 2007, 12:04:54 AM4/7/07
"Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote ...

> People are offended by the behavior.

The vast majority are not. Only a small, vocal minority give a shit...or
would you prefer I say, "give a 'hoot.'"

If the vast majority were offended by it, Tiger wouldn't have the largest
following of any player in the world. TV ratings for championships where he
is in contention wouldn't be higher than those when he is out of contention.
Tournaments overseas wouldn't be willing to pony up the appearance fees they
do just to get him to enter their tournament. Ticket sales wouldn't go up,
as they always do, whenever he's in the field. Corporations wouldn't be
lining up at his agent's door to get him to be a spokesperson for their
brand.

For years, I have challenged you to point to a single shred of evidence that
Tiger's potty mouth has done the game, or any of the sponsors for whom he
serves as a spokesman, an ounce of harm. All you can provide is anecdotal
stories from your mother, your nephew and a small number of people who post
to golf chat boards that you frequent who agree with you. These singular
examples are no indication of any national or worldwide sentiment. You can
always find someone to take most any position.

> Forget the language. What about the gratuitous damage to courses that
> Tiger has done intentionally in anger? Hardly fair to the rest of the
> field. And he doesn't even bother to fix it.

You can point to one example when he scraped his putter on the green.
That's it. Did anyone in the field complain? Did the tournament organizers
threaten to penalize him, or even say a word about it? Was there really any
concern other than that which was conjured up in your own little pea-brain?

What about all those pros who take chunks of turf out of the ground when
they swing their golf clubs. Something called divots. Oh, the humanity!

Ken, face it. Tiger could win 100 majors, and do it in style, and you'd
never let go of your petty jealousy or whatever it is you harbor towards
Tiger. He could behave like a perfect choir boy for the rest of his career,
and you would continue to bring up his rants of the past. There is nothing
he could ever do to satisfy you, or to cleanse himself sufficiently in your
eyes to reverse the resentment you have toward him for his past sins and
cause you to admire him. Never, ever ever. It's simply not enough for him
to be the best golfer of the modern era. The only thing that will satisfy
you would be for him to have done it in a manner that suits you -- period.
As if suiting you is what it's all about.

It's not. It never has been. Nor will it ever be.

I feel sorry for you. Never have I known anyone so small and petty, yet
demanding of certain others to abide by standards that you, and ONLY you,
have decreed as necessary for acceptance.

You're very sad.

And very predictable.

Do you have anything else to discuss? I mean, besides politics?

Randy

glfnaz

Apr 7, 2007, 12:16:59 AM4/7/07

"Mike Dalecki" <mi...@removeclubdoctor.com> wrote in message
> I've never been able to figure out why he's on this hobbyhorse. Is it
> simply because Tiger is so much better than Jack was, and Ken resents him
> for it? Mike

BINGO

IMJ

Apr 7, 2007, 12:17:32 AM4/7/07

Dene

Apr 7, 2007, 12:31:16 AM4/7/07
On Apr 5, 6:59 pm, "Bow Tie" <ken_pitt...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Stick it up your azz, eh? How about using one of your call phones?
> You'd enjoy it.
>
> I am amazed that people cannot see the harm in his behavior, all the
> time acting like he is so wonderful.
>
> Ken
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> On Apr 5, 8:55 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>

> > In article <1175824112.247645.245...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
> > "Bow Tie" <ken_pitt...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > I've had it with you. Be ready to defend yourself if I ever see you
> > > again, eh?
>
> > What, are you going to toss more golf clubs? :-)
>
> > > You have never done anything but attack me.
>
> > Try keeping your word. You promised not to post about Tiger anymore and
> > on numerous occasions since then you've broken your word.
>
> > It's amazing that you have no regard for all the people you've pissed
> > off with your Tiger obsession but expect that you'll get treated with
> > kid gloves.
>
> > Here's the scoop, Ken:
>
> > Tiger swears and almost nobody cares.
>
> > Nobody appointed you etiquette master to the PGA Tour and we all already
> > know what your opinion is. Maybe it wasn't you doing it this time, but
> > given your track record (which includes changing your posting name to
> > continue your vendetta after promising you'd stop) can you blame me for
> > thinking you were at it again?
>
> > > Ken
>
> > > +++++++++++++++++++++

Ken,

Baker is just a punk. He lives for these kinds of exchanges. A
sterotypical NG nerd. Not worth your time.

-Greg

Dene

Apr 7, 2007, 12:35:20 AM4/7/07
On Apr 6, 11:54 am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
.

> I'm giving back to Ken what he gives me.

You attacked Ken first, punk.

-Greg

"R&B"

Apr 7, 2007, 12:55:55 AM4/7/07
"Mike Dalecki" <mi...@removeclubdoctor.com> wrote

> The fact that "offended" people can turn down the sound or even not watch,
> doesn't matter. Heck, I'm offended by the gratuitous use of torture
> scenes in the show "24"; I don't complain about it, I just don't watch.
>
> You'd think that anyone would be able to use the "off" button as
> effectively if they are offended by Tiger, or at least turn down the
> sound. Or even just mute the sound whenever Tiger was shown, for fear
> that their tender ears might be bruised.

> The fact that advertisers flock to Tiger despite his apparently flagrant
> disrespect of Ken's rather puritanical nature should tell him otherwise,
> but he's had, as you say, 10 years to figure it out.
>
> I've never been able to figure out why he's on this hobbyhorse. Is it
> simply because Tiger is so much better than Jack was, and Ken resents him
> for it? I used to think it was racist, but a number of people who know
> him better than I have assured me it's not. So I'm at a loss why he cares
> so darned much.
>
> Especially as there are so many worse things in the world to be offended
> about.

Mike, I think without knowing you did, you've identified the reason why Ken
is "on this hobbyhorse."

In your response to Bobby, you said, "The fact that 'offended' people can
turn down the sound or even not watch, doesn't matter. Heck, I'm offended
by the gratuitous use of torture scenes in the show "24"; I don't complain
about it, I just don't watch. You'd think that anyone would be able to use
the 'off' button as effectively if they are offended by Tiger, or at least
turn down the sound."

Now consider:

Ken must surely know what you've said here is true. He can't possibly be so
dense as to not see the truth in it. (I know it must seem that way
sometimes, but even Ken's got to know that his opinion isn't going to change
Tiger's behavior, and that he always has the option of just watching golf on
TV with the sound turned off.) Which leads me to my conclusion...

If he doesn't say something negative about Tiger Woods, what possible
purpose does he serve in golf-related discussion groups?

The answer, quite simply, is none.

When's the last time you read anything from Ken Pitts that was golf-related
and DIDN'T deal with Tiger's potty mouth? Have you EVER read anything from
Ken Pitts that was golf-related and DIDN'T deal with Tiger's potty mouth, or
in some way tried to knock Tiger down a few notches? Has Ken EVER posted
anything golf related that didn't fall under that umbrella? I can't think
of a single instance. I'll grant you there may have been a few isolated
occasions, but that's all they were -- isolated occasions.

It *is* his online identity. Without being the "anti-Tiger," Ken would be
like Miss Anne Thrope, but without the cynical, (some would say) witty
comebacks. He'd be like LLLarry without the
boastful-without-the-talent-to-back-it-up, know-it-all persona. He'd be
like George Hibbard without THE CAPS, the convoluted language, and the spam.
Hell, he'd be like me without the verbose posts. In other words, Ken would
have no identity at all, and hence, no reason for being.

If there's one thing about Ken Pitts that comes through loud and clear, it's
that he craves attention and affirmation. And he hungers mightly for
someone to come along and say, "Ken, you're right." He'll endure
hundreds -- even thousands -- of articles that call him a fool while he
patiently waits for that one that comes along calling him "enlightened."
(And yes, that's been about the ratio.)

There is no other logical conclusion.

For the longest time, I, too, thought it was a racist streak. And while I
haven't totally ruled it out (while at the same time I acknowledging that
it's probably something he doesn't even realize, if in fact it's there),
like you, I have concluded it's that Tiger threatens Ken's paradigm of what
the golf world should be -- meaning that Jack remains forever more the
acclaimed "greatest one" in golf, and that all of Jack's records go
unchallenged, just as most people thought they would.

Going back to 1996, just as Tiger was first turning pro, Ken had plenty of
negative things to say about Tiger Woods long before TW dropped his first
"F- or GD-bomb" on national television. Google it. You'll find that Ken,
even back then, was on a mission to discredit the kid, saying he was
undeserving of all the financial rewards that came from mega-endorsement
deals that were signed with companies like American Express and Nike, even
before Tiger hit his first tee shot as a pro.

Ken authored numerous articles about the inappropriateness of Tiger's Nike
commercial mentioning that "There are golf courses I could not play growing
up." Never mind the fact that it was true. Ken found that commercial
objectionable, and the claims made in it inconceivable. Then in the
ultimate act of hypocricy, he proceeded to lead the charge in numerous
threads, defending private clubs' rights to discriminate against whoever
they wish to discriminate against, even if that meant keeping
African-Americans (or any other group) out.

We still hadn't heard any F-bombs from Tiger when Woods lapped the field at
the '97 Masters, breaking Nicklaus's scoring record (and just about every
other Masters record) in the process. Was Ken even slightly impressed by
this performance? No. All he could poinit to was the so-called lunacy he
observed in the aftermath of that historic win that was taking shape in what
we later came to refer to as "Tigermania."

Never mind that Tiger was attracting attention to the game of golf. That
wasn't good enough for Ken. Ken now claims that he is only miffed at Tiger
because his language represents the game he loves in a way he can't condone,
thereby threatening golf's image. Instead of embracing a new generation of
golfers, welcoming them to the most democratic game in the world, Ken
pointed to "the unwanted element" that Tiger attracts to golf. Remember all
those remarks Ken made about the "boom box'ers" that Tiger was attracting to
the golf course? (These kinds of remarks are what gave rise to many of us
believing that his objections to Tiger were racist in nature, and are the
reason why some of us still don't entirely dismiss that as a possibility,
despite countless endorsements of Ken to the contrary.)

No, even while Tiger's face was showing up on countless front pages of
newspapers, newsmagazines and television news reports, bringing the game of
golf front and center in the American (and worldwide) consciousness, Ken
always found something to criticize. It wasn't good enough that Tiger's
presence in the game of golf was making golf a more mainstream sport,
transcending it beyond merely the sports pages, but to the FRONT pages. Ken
didn't like the type of people Tiger was attracting. (Of course he fails to
acknowledge that when Arnold Palmer's "Army" came along, a similar
phenomenon occurred inasmuch as golf became somewhat more of a game for "the
masses," (egad, yes, the "middle class"), not just the nation's elite. But
then, Arnie didn't attract as many "boom box'ers." You may draw whatever
conclusions you like from that.)

As I have pointed out elsewhere in this forum tonight, it occurs to me that
in the 11 years I've been a regular in RSG, Ken has posted primarily about
two subjects: Tiger's potty mouth and politics. I would venture to guess
(and anyone with more free time than I can go Google this to prove me wrong,
if you like) that upwards of 80% (or possibly even 90%) of all of Ken Pitts'
golf-related posts in this forum over the past 11 years have dealt directly
with Tiger's potty mouth, or in some way or another have been an attempt to
damage the reputation of Tiger Woods or trivialize his accomplishments in
the game of golf.

Ken hides behind the excuse of saying that Tiger damages the game he claims
to love, yet he is unable to provide a shred of evidence, other than a few
anecdotal opinions from individuals who agree with him, that Tiger has
damaged the game one iota. This despite the mountain of evidence to the
contrary which include unprecedented box office sales, an increase in TV
ratings whenever Tiger is in the field, the fact that Tiger's presence on
TOUR has had as much to do as anything with record TV revenues for the PGA
TOUR thereby pouring more money into TOUR players' bank accounts, the
remarkable work done by the Tiger Woods Foundation, the fact that if Tiger
hadn't come along there would never have been a "First Tee" initative to
bring golf to inner-city underprivileged youths, and the list goes on and
on.

What Ken fails to realize is the irony in the justification he gives for his
remarks. By spending so much of his energy attempting to damage the
reputation of the world's most visible sports celebrity -- who happens to be
the #1 golfer in the world -- Ken, himself, has done more damage to the game
of golf in 11 years than Tiger Woods ever will in his entire life.

What has Ken Pitts ever done to raise interest in the game of golf?
Nothing.

But if he didn't express his negative feelings about Tiger Woods, he would
have no identity, would never have gotten his "20 minutes" (or 20 gigabytes)
of fame through this and similar online forums.

In other words, he would be precisely what most of us have come to realize
he is: a simpleton with nothing to offer.

Randy

"R&B"

Apr 7, 2007, 12:57:15 AM4/7/07
"Bobby Knight" <bkn...@conramp.net> wrote in message

> On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:16:17 GMT, Chris Bellomy
> <pu...@tbbqfubj.arg.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Mike Dalecki <mi...@removeclubdoctor.com> wrote:

>>: Bobby Knight wrote:
>>:> On 6 Apr 2007 09:04:04 -0700, "Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>:>
>>:>> People are offended by the behavior. Is that so hard to understand?

>>:>> Me? I think it's funny and that Tiger is a big baby when he does it.
>>:>
>>:> Ken, for the umpteenth time, you need to just give this up. This is
>>:> something that most don't even care about.
>>:>
>>:> There's a lot of golf being played at Augusta. It would be a hell of
>>:> a lot more interesting to hear from you about that, rather than a
>>:> rehash of your ten-year rant over something that's not going to
>>:> change anyway.
>>:

>>: Bobby, Ken isn't going to give up until you admit he's right.
>>
>>I'm trying to figure out why Ken should give it up when Bobby
>>and you won't give *him* up. Your argument that Ken could just
>>turn the volume down speaks volumes about rsg readers being able
>>to plonk or ignore him. It's the same thing, only at a meta level.
>>
>>Offered with all due respect, of course.
>
> It isn't the same at all. My reason is that Ken is a friend. I, for
> one, don't enjoy seeing a friend making such mistakes With all due

> respect, since you also have a personal relationship with him, why
> would you want to see others plonk, and ignore, him, when he has much
> to offer other than posts about TW's language?

When does he ever offer anything other than posts about TW's language?

And poltical rants.

Randy

"R&B"

Apr 7, 2007, 1:00:02 AM4/7/07
Maybe. But you did give us reason for suspicion. You've never acknowledged
it. Still, most have chosen to take you at your word. It would help if
you'd explain what you meant by some of those remarks that raised our
antennae.

> Me? Puritanical? LOL! I've wasted so much time, money and effort in
> pursuit of having a good time. You are showing once again that you
> know so very little about me. Not only that, I did four years in the
> Navy.
>
> Thanks for backing off the racism angle. It was not at all fair.
>
> Ken
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"R&B"

Apr 7, 2007, 1:06:18 AM4/7/07
"Dene" <gds...@aol.com> wrote ...

Dene,

I'm going to pose this question to you, and please understand it's intended
in the best spirit possible. It really is.

Why is it you always come to the defense of others when they're attacked?
Is it not enough for you to merely chime in with an opposing view, and then
argue for your point of view? That would seem to me to be a far more useful
tact. Do you not really have a point of view, other than to just attack
others when they attack someone else? Do you not believe those for whom you
believe you're defending are incapable of defending themselves?

I'm just wondering.

Some people just choose to wear a bullseye. Ken is one such person. So is
Frostback. So was Eric. So are you. And yes, so am I (and I'll be the
first to admit it -- why don't you man up and admit it, too?).

If you have an opinion, express it.

Randy

"R&B"

Apr 7, 2007, 1:08:03 AM4/7/07
>I don't approve of it from anyone. I'm disappointed in Appleby. Didn't
> watch the Shell Houston Open. I was **playing** golf both Saturday and
> Sunday afternoon..
>
> But, so many people act like Tiger is the greatest thing since sliced
> bread. Guess what. He has warts. He shows his azz on a regular basis.
> A poor sport.
>
> A joke? Then he needs to cut loose of some of that cash he has and
> hire a writer. Even the hint of behavior like that just enahnces his
> reputation as a hot head.
>
> Ken

Funny, I took it to mean he might break a couple of clubs.

His own.

Randy

Alan Baker

Apr 7, 2007, 1:17:57 AM4/7/07
In article <feOdneUGsY83u4rb...@giganews.com>,
"\"R&B\"" <noneofyou...@all.com> wrote:

I think I can help answer that:

Greg doesn't come to the defense of others, full stop. Greg comes to the
defense of those who he perceives to be attacked by those he perceives
to be his "enemies".

Alan Baker

Apr 7, 2007, 1:19:11 AM4/7/07

I think I can help answer that:

Greg doesn't come to the defense of others, full stop. Greg comes to the
defense of those who he perceives to be attacked by those he perceives
to be his "enemies".

(And following my own rule, my mentioning of Greg in this thread means
that I will unkillfile him for this thread.)

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

glfnaz

Apr 7, 2007, 1:35:37 AM4/7/07
Apr 7, 2007, 1:44:21 AM4/7/07
"Bill H." <bil...@gmail.com> wrote

> Personally, I swear all the time. It feels good, especially when you
> shank a ball into the trees. Sometimes I go with
> "Aww....sonofabitch!" or once in a while I'll throw in a "Jesus-
> fucking-Christ" when I miss a three-foot putt. Then there's the
> cathartic "motherfucker!" when I skull a chip shot across the green.

There's nothing quite as cathartic as the good ol' "Goddamn motherfuckin'
son of a bitch, cock suckin' piece of shit bastard!!!!"

That one will usually evoke a standing ovation.

It's even better if you stick on that old Oklahoma colloquialism at the end
that goes, "Ohhhh, fuck me runnin'!!"

Try it at your next mixed doubles match. Guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.

Randy

Robert Hamilton

Apr 7, 2007, 8:23:45 AM4/7/07

Alan Baker wrote:

You assume anyone other than your sort really cares that much. A jerk who uses a
forum to attack other people is a jerk who uses a forum like this to attack other
people. Even thinking it is important to resolve who is "right" or "wrong" is
somewhat nutty, let alone talking "action", which IS nutty. Speaking for myself,
it's just entertainment for the most part, and the chance to meet the odd
interesting person, like Ken Pitts.

Of course people like you are found throughout usenet; we have some going "after"
Annika1980 right now. I see no difference between you and they, and, as my
favorite broken records RSG comment, people like you have seriously damaged this
group.

Mike Dalecki

Apr 7, 2007, 8:38:13 AM4/7/07

Be careful, Brad; if you expose Jack like that, you'll give Ken even
more reason to despise Tiger.

Mike Dalecki

Apr 7, 2007, 8:54:13 AM4/7/07
Bow Tie wrote:
> I don't approve of it from anyone. I'm disappointed in Appleby. Didn't
> watch the Shell Houston Open. I was **playing** golf both Saturday and
> Sunday afternoon..

So? Where's the outrage, Ken?

> But, so many people act like Tiger is the greatest thing since sliced
> bread. Guess what. He has warts. He shows his azz on a regular basis.
> A poor sport.

Tiger *is* the greatest thing since sliced bread. In fields the likes
of which Jack never had to face, Tiger is unprecedented. He's hit shots
I've never seen hit by anyone. He *is* the real deal,

I really feel sad for you--and I truly mean this--because you cannot
seem to enjoy the performance of someone who has moved head and
shoulders above anyone else. Tiger makes my life a bit more enjoyable.
For the same reason people like to rubberneck car accidents, we are
drawn to the amazing, the unusual, the unprecedented.

The truly great athletes do things nobody else can do. Ever seen a
Brett Favre highlight reel? Unreel.

Or have you ever had the chance to see a Gayle Sayers highlight reel
before he blew out his knee? Like he had eyes in the back of his head.
Or Roger Clemens--how the heck does that guy keep going? Remember a
guy named Michael Jordan? Or Wilt Chamberlain?

I've had the great pleasure of following the career of Favre (I see a
Packer game every year). Wonderful guy, one of the greatest talents
that has ever played the game. I--and countless others--have reveled in
his exploits, as we have seen him do things nobody else can do, nor has
ever done.

I've greatly enjoyed Favre's career, and am sad that it's at an end.
But it's been a great joy having been able to witness something so amazing.

I feel the same way about Tiger's career. Thank God I've been here to
see it, and enjoy it.

I wish you felt the same way, that you could enjoy it like I do.

> A joke? Then he needs to cut loose of some of that cash he has and
> hire a writer. Even the hint of behavior like that just enahnces his
> reputation as a hot head.

I don't know where you get this. He doesn't have a reputation as a hot
head. If he did, you'd see him screwing up in interviews, public
appearances, etc. Every once in a while, he lets out his competitive
nature on a golf course. That makes no one, least of all Tiger, a hot head.

Bow Tie

Apr 7, 2007, 9:13:06 AM4/7/07
They're also on national TV. And there are people who are offended.
You and your foursome can say "m-f" until the cows come home and have
falling down screaming hissy fits. No one is harmed if you don't hold
up play.

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bow Tie

Apr 7, 2007, 9:31:37 AM4/7/07
Wrong Randy.

He tore a trench in a teebox with his 3wood after a poor tee shot. PGA
Championship at Sahalee on Friday. Did he fix it? No. Venturi was so
shaken all he could say way "Oh no.".

Mercedes championship about the sametime frame. 72nd hole. Tiger
airmails the green and shrieks "Shit! Goddammit! Son of a bitch!".
Buries his iron in the fairway turf. Leaves the whole mess for Fluff
to clean up.

That's three. But, lefties like you cannot be bothered with the facts
only emotions.

Ken

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Apr 6, 11:04 pm, "\"R&B\"" <noneofyourbusin...@all.com> wrote:
> You can point to one example when he scraped his putter on the green.
> That's it. Did anyone in the field complain? Did the tournament organizers
> threaten to penalize him, or even say a word about it? Was there really any
> concern other than that which was conjured up in your own little pea-brain?
>

> Randy

Bow Tie

Apr 7, 2007, 9:40:17 AM4/7/07
On Apr 6, 11:55 pm, "\"R&B\"" <noneofyourbusin...@all.com> wrote:
> What has Ken Pitts ever done to raise interest in the game of golf?
> Nothing.

Wrong again Randy.

I wonder what all the people who I have helped learn to play would say
about that. One has progressed to be ladies club champion at a major
club in Dallas. Others I just helped with the fundamentals or go
shopping with them to help in buying equipment. Still another was a
scratch player (better than me) who was fighting a pesky hook. As many
as 100 people over the years.

> In other words, he would be precisely what most of us have come to realize
> he is: a simpleton with nothing to offer.

So, you're not personally attacking me? You could have fooled me. You
ever broke par for 18? I have and you saw me do it one of the times.

Ken

BigPurdueFan

Apr 7, 2007, 10:05:05 AM4/7/07
On Apr 7, 9:31 am, "Bow Tie" <ken_pitt...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wrong Randy.
>
> He tore a trench in a teebox with his 3wood after a poor tee shot. PGA
> Championship at Sahalee on Friday. Did he fix it? No. Venturi was so
> shaken all he could say way "Oh no.".
>
> Mercedes championship about the sametime frame. 72nd hole. Tiger
> airmails the green and shrieks "Shit! Goddammit! Son of a bitch!".
> Buries his iron in the fairway turf. Leaves the whole mess for Fluff
> to clean up.
>
> That's three. But, lefties like you cannot be bothered with the facts
> only emotions.
>
> Ken

Actually most of take Tiger in relation to everyone else. He's the
greatest golfer in the history of the game. Even if you're a Nicklaus
fan, which I am, you at least can understand that. As for his
actions, we look at these games and compare him to thugs in the NBA,
NFL, major league baseball, etc, and his action are minimal to their
actions both on and off the field/court. You hear worse things than
Tiger ever says whenever you go to games in any of these sports. You
hear worse things walking through the MALL on any day. You say that
Tiger is a bad influence on the kids who are watching, but there is
far greater influence by the music of today, which very well could be
considered much worse. You say he offends people, but most people are
more offended by our politicians today, both right and left, or the
idiotic radio personalities that support them on either side.

For some reason you have this hatred of Tiger which is hard to
understand. Some people start out hating a personality and find
reasons to support it. Others find something small to hate and it
gets exaggerated in their mind. I'm not sure which yours is, but your
opinions are very extreme. If you are offended by Tiger's actions,
then 99.99% of society should offend you.

When I was a teenager, I hated Larry Bird. I hated the Celtics. I'm
not sure why, but I did. I made up reasons to hate them. I supported
those reasons no matter how extreme they were. As I've gotten older,
I realized that I missed out on the enjoyment of watching Larry Bird's
talent. He was a great player and they had great teams and I didn't
appreciate them. The same thing is happening with you and Tiger
Woods. Unlike me, you'll probably grow old(er) and never appreciate
Tiger's game. The greatest player in the game and you're worried
about his occassional cursing. It's really quite sad.

Bow Tie

Apr 7, 2007, 10:09:41 AM4/7/07
I do not hate Tiger.

Ken

++++++++++++++++++

Bobby Knight

Apr 7, 2007, 10:54:40 AM4/7/07
On 7 Apr 2007 06:13:06 -0700, "Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>They're also on national TV. And there are people who are offended.
>You and your foursome can say "m-f" until the cows come home and have
>falling down screaming hissy fits. No one is harmed if you don't hold
>up play.
>
>Ken

Ken,
Arnie, on a nationally broadcasted press conference, said "shit", then
he spelled it out, just to make his point.

Please show where anyone, anywhere, was harmed. Words don't harm,
Ken.
--
___,
\o

/ \
.
"Someone likes every shot"!
bk

George Orwell

Apr 7, 2007, 11:05:07 AM4/7/07
In article <46172dbd$0$502$815e...@news.qwest.net>

You don't know too much about this game right?

George Orwell

Apr 7, 2007, 11:05:08 AM4/7/07
In article <afcd13p57b49v2t9g...@4ax.com>
Bobby Knight <bkn...@conramp.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 22:31:16 +0200 (CEST), George Orwell
> <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:
>
> >In article <pjuc13d143ji9pr28...@4ax.com>
> >Bobby Knight <bkn...@conramp.net> wrote:

> >> Ken, for the umpteenth time, you need to just give this up. This is
> >> something that most don't even care about.
> >>
> >> There's a lot of golf being played at Augusta. It would be a hell of
> >> a lot more interesting to hear from you about that, rather than a
> >> rehash of your ten-year rant over something that's not going to
> >> change anyway.
>

> >"something that's not going to
> >change anyway" but to all reasonable golfers and others, should.
> >
> It doesn't seem to matter to enough people to make a change, so
> "should" is only an opinion. Frankly, it doesn't bother me a bit, and
> that too is only an opinion.
> ___,
> \o
> |
> / \
> .
> “Someone likes every shot”

You are correct sir on both points. Personally, I don't care what he does. However, I am concerned about the new breed in high school and college that are floating along in his wake.

George Orwell

Apr 7, 2007, 11:35:12 AM4/7/07
In article <bjnd13pdgb5in5780...@4ax.com>
multi <mu...@asm.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 01:41:28 GMT, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
> wrote:
> >> Oh, nice comment by Tiger in the interview about breaking some ANGC
> >> property on his way to the range. Great representation for the game of
> >> golf on national/worldwide TV.
> >
> >Sorry, I didn't hear it, so I can't comment. But I'll bet you wouldn't
> >have commented if it had been anyone other than Tiger who'd done it.
>
> I think Pitts is lying again. IIRC, Tiger joked that he was heading
> for the range, and he might break something along the way. I assumed
> he meant his putter or driver. Leave it to Pitts to insert something.

Amazing how you were able to 'insert' the idea that he was 'joking.'
Just an observation.

George Orwell

Apr 7, 2007, 11:35:14 AM4/7/07
In article <1175891628.9...@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
"annika1980" <annik...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2:44 pm, George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote:
> > Believe it or not, golf was around before him and will be around after him and whether you like it or not, is around now in spite of him. Ratings are not going to go down because of on out of 150 players in the field.
>
> Bullshit (oops, hope Ken wasn't reading this).
> Not only do ratings drop when Tiger isn't playing, so do ticket sales.
> Sure, golf will still be around without Tiger, but will it be as
> popular? Nope.

Actually, you're wrong at least once so far this year. I posted that in a tourny a few weeks ago when Tiger had a huge lead going into the final day, (and almost blew it) the ratings were the lowest of any final day evert since last April. (2006)

Bow Tie

Apr 7, 2007, 11:37:06 AM4/7/07
Why do broadcasters have generally accepted standards? Related to this
very instance, why did USA censor out Tiger's offending bleat in the
evening re-broadcast? If there is no harm, why even bother?

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bobby Knight

Apr 7, 2007, 11:57:15 AM4/7/07
On 7 Apr 2007 08:37:06 -0700, "Bow Tie" <ken_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Why do broadcasters have generally accepted standards? Related to this
>very instance, why did USA censor out Tiger's offending bleat in the
>evening re-broadcast? If there is no harm, why even bother?
>
>Ken
>
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me try this again Ken. Remember the last line of the following?
"Sticks and stones will break my bones........."

They certainly didn't bleep him to save anyone from harm.

George Orwell

Apr 7, 2007, 12:05:31 PM4/7/07
In article <57phlkF...@mid.individual.net>

I think Jack has done rather well over the years exposing himself and showing what the gentlemenly side of the sport is all about. He probably doesn't need somebody called glfnaz to help him.
As for country club snobs, they all were back in the day. There were no public courses for the masses and Arnie will tell you that too. It wasn't until Arnie and Jack came along that the sport picked up and players became something other than country club "snobs."

glfnaz

Apr 7, 2007, 12:14:11 PM4/7/07

"George Orwell" <nob...@mixmaster.it> wrote in message

> In article <57phlkF...@mid.individual.net>