All hat...

Alan Baker

Feb 20, 2012, 5:07:39 PM2/20/12
...and no cattle.

On January 4, it was:

"And you are correct. I hit it straight. I hit fairways and I usually
hit the greens from the fairways. I usually 2-putt. And accordingly
I shoot near 80 and sometimes under."

Then one day later:

"I shoot around 80 from the blues or the whites.
Just solid golf."

Then on January 6:

"Thanks David. But just winning a match against a high-handicapper is
far below what I will do. I would beat AB by 20 strokes! I expect to
shoot par on most courses because I expect to hit ALL fairways and
most greens and then 2-putt."

On January 7:

"Waiting for Alan to show his stuff, sorta like the strutting and
flexing before a cage match. I showed that I can hit them straight
and long with every club. My swing may not look like a pro's, I need
to rehearse my backswing, get it right and then swing, but I do find a
way to hit it crisp and propel that sucker toward the target. I don't
play the treeline and I seldom need to recover from beside or over the
greens.

Hey AB, put up or shut up. There is no shame in backing down when you
know you are in WAY over your head."

The February 3:

"My pro cares about my whole game. So sometimes instead of hitting
full shots we walk over and work on chips and pitches, even lob shots.
Accordingly, I have become quite decent with a 60 degree wedge
because my technique is correct. "

And on February 4:

"AND, I have taken putting lessons-- I do it exactly right-- and the
ball goes in! "

So according to Larry, his whole game is great and he's going to be a 10
index by 20 strokes.

Funny that he's crawled away from his challenge then, isn't it?

:-)

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Dene

Feb 20, 2012, 6:10:50 PM2/20/12
All irrelevent, except to the resident troll.

-Greg

Rog

Feb 20, 2012, 6:22:56 PM2/20/12
Alan Baker wrote:

crap

>> Alan Baker
>> Vancouver, British Columbia
>> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that
wall
>> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if
>> you sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Doing a full days work will clear the mind, give lots of social
interaction and raise your self-esteem.
Give it a try.

Alan Baker

Feb 20, 2012, 6:23:25 PM2/20/12
In article
<3cb917d2-ce8f-40ef...@n8g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
And yet here you are...

Alan Baker

Feb 20, 2012, 6:24:18 PM2/20/12
In article <jhukkg$dr0$1...@speranza.aioe.org>, "Rog" <r...@pynguins.com>
wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

My work day will be starting in about an hour, and I'm fortunate enough
that it only needs to be about 3-4 hours at my hourly rate.

:-)

la...@pivotforpower.com

Feb 20, 2012, 6:18:44 PM2/20/12
> -Greg- Hide quoted text -

Its your forum. If you allow this obsessed nutcase to hijack it, he
will-- and soon only he and BK will be here.

Larry

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 20, 2012, 6:33:35 PM2/20/12
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:10:50 -0800 (PST), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
You have to give this one to Alan. All that bragging from LLLLLarrrry
is just BS, and he's the one who made the challenge....and has backed
down.

Beautiful that David called him on the phone call. Look up the word
"liar" and .... well you know who's pic is there.

BK

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 20, 2012, 6:42:05 PM2/20/12
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:18:44 -0800 (PST), la...@pivotforpower.com
wrote:
You're right, it certainly isn't your forum. Have you noticed how
many here have called you out as a blowhard and a liar? All of the
regulars. Why do you want to continue to be the laughing stock
here? Have you no pride?

BK

Alan Baker

Feb 20, 2012, 7:14:02 PM2/20/12
In article <m7m5k7521dpgqdbt4...@4ax.com>,
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder>

Explains everything you need to know about Larry.

Rog

Feb 20, 2012, 7:22:17 PM2/20/12
Alan Baker wrote:

>> My work day will be starting in about an hour, and I'm fortunate
>> enough that it only needs to be about 3-4 hours at my hourly rate.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> --
>> Alan Baker

Sounds like the black economy to me, why don't you want to maximise
your income??

Alan Baker

Feb 20, 2012, 9:13:58 PM2/20/12
Why should I?

I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.

For what possible reason would I want to spend more time working?

:-)

Alan Baker

Feb 20, 2012, 10:16:41 PM2/20/12
On Feb 20, 4:22 pm, "Rog" <r...@pynguins.com> wrote:
BTW, Rog... ...just so you know. It's now 7:15 and my work day is
over.

But when you bill $60-$90/hr, 40 hour work weeks aren't required.

:-D

Horva...@net.net

Feb 21, 2012, 9:30:08 AM2/21/12
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:13:58 -0800 (PST), Alan Baker
<alang...@telus.net> wrote this crap:

>> Sounds like the black economy to me, why don't you want to maximise
>> your income??
>
>Why should I?
>
>I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
>Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
>twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
>winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.
>
>For what possible reason would I want to spend more time working?

I'm with you, dude. My house is paid for. My car is paid for. I
have no wife or kids. Nobody says on their deathbed, "I should have
spent more time at the office."

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.

Horva...@net.net

Feb 21, 2012, 9:34:45 AM2/21/12
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:16:41 -0800 (PST), Alan Baker
<alang...@telus.net> wrote this crap:

>BTW, Rog... ...just so you know. It's now 7:15 and my work day is
>over.
>
>But when you bill $60-$90/hr, 40 hour work weeks aren't required.

You work cheap. My boss charges $135 an hour when I show up. I guess
that's why you don't own a mansion and a yacht.

Lloyd

Feb 21, 2012, 9:47:08 AM2/21/12
In article <hka7k790gsmbv107k...@4ax.com>,
That's what he charges, what does he pay you?

MNMikew

Feb 21, 2012, 10:36:57 AM2/21/12

"Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> wrote in message
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder>

MNMikew

Feb 21, 2012, 10:37:11 AM2/21/12

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder>

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 10:55:16 AM2/21/12
In article <9qhs0p...@mid.individual.net>,
How so?

I only brought it up in order to explain why I clearly don't need to
"maximize" my income.

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 10:55:28 AM2/21/12
In article <9qhs16...@mid.individual.net>,
Nope.

Sorry.

Dene

Feb 21, 2012, 11:46:07 AM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 7:36 am, "MNMikew" <MNMiik...@aol.com> wrote:
> "Alan Baker" <alangba...@telus.net> wrote in message
LOL

Don't forget...

www.mumsboughtmycondo.com

-Greg

Dene

Feb 21, 2012, 11:47:06 AM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 7:37 am, "MNMikew" <MNMiik...@aol.com> wrote:
> "Alan Baker" <alangba...@telus.net> wrote in message
I thought Macs never needed repair.

-Greg

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 11:49:15 AM2/21/12
In article
<f4e10925-c18a-4b01...@pw4g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
Seriously, Greg: this is what passes for honesty from you, is it?

You're the one who was all about how I'm supposed to be a liar.

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 11:51:18 AM2/21/12
In article
<ef8cc5b2-ece7-4163...@n4g2000pbl.googlegroups.com>,
You thought wrong. And my job isn't really repair, per se.

la...@pivotforpower.com

Feb 21, 2012, 2:13:26 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 7:37 am, "MNMikew" <MNMiik...@aol.com> wrote:
> "Alan Baker" <alangba...@telus.net> wrote

But when you bill $60-$90/hr, 40 hour work weeks aren't required."

Yeah, right. Alan is qualified to take the trash out in a company
that can bill $60-$90/hour. They would pay him $9 an hour until they
learn that he is unreliable and dishonest. Then they lock him out of
the building. Exactly what they do in every golf discussion forum
with a moderator. They warn him to stop the ad hominem attacks, he
does it again, they warn him again, and he is banned. I have seen
him post that he always returns with a different username and
password, but they started banning his computer ID--

Over recent years in this and other forums we have seen enough from
him for several mental health professionals to post their conclusion
that he has serious mental problems-- which probably explain why he
dropped out of school and has since been unable to stick with anything
enough to acquire anything like professional skills.

It is just our bad luck that he haunts this forum.

Larry

Lloyd

Feb 21, 2012, 2:30:10 PM2/21/12
In article
<c66d14a2-f49d-4996...@b23g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
I dunno Larry. It is kind of a toss-up as to who is doing the wildest
haunting!

Him with lots of posts.

You with wild bullshit posts.

Pretty close call imo! :)

Dene

Feb 21, 2012, 2:32:32 PM2/21/12
Name the forums, Larry.

-Greg

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 2:42:25 PM2/21/12
> On Feb 21, 7:37 am, "MNMikew" <MNMiik...@aol.com> wrote:
> > "Alan Baker" <alangba...@telus.net> wrote
>
> But when you bill $60-$90/hr, 40 hour work weeks aren't required."
>
> Yeah, right. Alan is qualified to take the trash out in a company
> that can bill $60-$90/hour. They would pay him $9 an hour until they
> learn that he is unreliable and dishonest. Then they lock him out of
> the building. Exactly what they do in every golf discussion forum
> with a moderator. They warn him to stop the ad hominem attacks, he
> does it again, they warn him again, and he is banned. I have seen
> him post that he always returns with a different username and
> password, but they started banning his computer ID--

Fact's Larry (and BTW, didn't you say you never read my posts?):

I'm a freelance computer tech support person specializing in Macs (in
particular, how to integrate Macs with a company's Windows-Active
Directory infrastructure), and I bill from $60 (for a company that pays
me a retainer for a minimum 20 hours every month) to $90.

> Over recent years in this and other forums we have seen enough from
> him for several mental health professionals to post their conclusion
> that he has serious mental problems-- which probably explain why he
> dropped out of school and has since been unable to stick with anything
> enough to acquire anything like professional skills.

What were you saying about personal attacks, Larry?

> It is just our bad luck that he haunts this forum.
>
> Larry

Dene

Feb 21, 2012, 2:46:53 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 11:30 am, Lloyd <lloydpars...@me.com> wrote:
> In article
> <c66d14a2-f49d-4996-a45f-2f5b0f055...@b23g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
Uncle Al is annoying, hence the plonkage.
LLLarry is amusing, hence no plonkage.

-Greg

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 21, 2012, 2:57:06 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:46:53 -0800 (PST), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
Yep.
>LLLarry is amusing, hence no plonkage.
>
>-Greg

He's a proven liar, that's not amusing.

BK

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 21, 2012, 2:57:34 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:30:10 -0600, Lloyd <lloydp...@me.com> wrote:

>> It is just our bad luck that he haunts this forum.
>>
>> Larry
>
>I dunno Larry. It is kind of a toss-up as to who is doing the wildest
>haunting!
>
>Him with lots of posts.
>
>You with wild bullshit posts.
>
>Pretty close call imo! :)

It really is getting out of hand.

Yes, I did kill file Alan, but not because of poor character...he is
just too nit-picking in a back-and-forth disagreement. It got old.

Attacking him as mentally unstable is over the line. The issue of
who's swing is better is of no consequence, and the rest of the BS
about him not working, living off his mother and lacking an education
is only assumed. The leader of this pack has been outed as an
absolute liar by none other than someone who had befriended him.

It's one thing to dislike someone because they annoy you but to make
up shit is out of line.

It might have been a close call until the unmitigated gall of calling
him unbalanced.

BK

Dene

Feb 21, 2012, 3:07:20 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 11:57 am, bkni...@conramp.net wrote:
They are both proven liars. Baker with the helicoptering-the-club
accusation toward Ken and Larry with the Laville phone call. Even-
Steven.

But...Baker stalks Larry and Ken. Unplonk him and you'll see his name
under all their posts. That's whacked!!

And....Baker does have a worse golf swing. Somebody posted DL's
analysis and Baker is getting his ass handed to him by a multitude of
knowledgeable people who agree with DL's assessment.

http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=17225

As for Baker's mum, condo, etc....he's just getting a taste of his own
medicine. Who knows if it's true. Truly don't care. Just fun to
watch the twit squirm for a change.

-Greg

BARDFROMLARD

Feb 21, 2012, 3:05:42 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 9:30 am, Horvath1...@net.net wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:13:58 -0800 (PST), Alan Baker
> <alangba...@telus.net> wrote this crap:
sounds like you are proud of "no wife or kids".. sounds pretty damn
lonely to me.

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 21, 2012, 3:18:17 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:07:20 -0800 (PST), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
I know that he kept on Ken's case, but from what I read he's replying
to LLLLarrry.

>And....Baker does have a worse golf swing. Somebody posted DL's
>analysis and Baker is getting his ass handed to him by a multitude of
>knowledgeable people who agree with DL's assessment.

Like I said, who cares?

>As for Baker's mum, condo, etc....he's just getting a taste of his own
>medicine. Who knows if it's true. Truly don't care. Just fun to
>watch the twit squirm for a change.
>
>-Greg

All of the crap that LLLLarrry posts about Alan's work, his mom and
his mental problems are just not provable...and sick.

Between the two Alan looks like a winner. LlLLLarry is the lowest of
the low. Snobbery and braggadocio is the mark of debauchery.

BK

Lloyd

Feb 21, 2012, 3:36:35 PM2/21/12
In article
<506040c0-6886-4859...@x6g2000pbk.googlegroups.com>,
If you had said 'sometimes LLLarry is amusing' I'd agree.

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 3:36:41 PM2/21/12
In article
<1c512dd3-06b7-477c...@9g2000pbd.googlegroups.com>,
No, Greg. I used hyperbole to describe an event that actually happened.

> But...Baker stalks Larry and Ken. Unplonk him and you'll see his name
> under all their posts. That's whacked!!

No. You'll see it under a lot of them, but hardly all.

> And....Baker does have a worse golf swing. Somebody posted DL's
> analysis and Baker is getting his ass handed to him by a multitude of
> knowledgeable people who agree with DL's assessment.
>
> http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=17225

Yeah... ...because you've so thoroughly researched the tone of that
forum...

> As for Baker's mum, condo, etc....he's just getting a taste of his own
> medicine. Who knows if it's true. Truly don't care. Just fun to
> watch the twit squirm for a change.

What have I ever said that is remotely similar, Greg?

Oh, wait... ...I forgot:

You've got me selectively kill-filled!

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 3:43:09 PM2/21/12
In article
<f673cb7e-46f5-40f5...@gi10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
Nope. I'm neither proud nor ashamed. It simply is what it is.

I have a wonderful girlfriend I've been seeing for more than 8 years and
I would love to have had had a child with her, but she's in her
mid-forties and has a medical condition that might put her at great risk
if she were pregnant even if we'd started when she was younger (look up
"intestinal malrotation" if you like). So children are not in the cards
for us.

gpsman

Feb 21, 2012, 3:44:04 PM2/21/12
On Feb 20, 9:13 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
> Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
> twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
> winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.

<spit take> You poor, stupid bastard.

From: Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:22:48 -0700

"Usenet rule: You make a claim: you provide the support."

Don't forget to include how you managed all that, and a job, and still
had time to make 75,380 (SEVENTY-FIVE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED EIGHTY)
posts to Usenet over the last 10 years.

That's ~20 posts per day... not including the other forums you
frequent.

Don't worry about naming your girlfriend, nobody would believe you
have one of those, either.
-----

- gpsman

Dene

Feb 21, 2012, 3:51:13 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 12:36 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> Oh, wait... ...I forgot:
>
> You've got me selectively kill-filled!

Yep. How's that danglin feelin?

:-)

LOL @ U

-Greg

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 3:53:53 PM2/21/12
In article
<e34d58c8-cb51-479b...@p12g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
gpsman <gps...@driversmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 20, 9:13 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
> > Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
> > twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
> > winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.
>
> <spit take> You poor, stupid bastard.
>
> From: Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
> Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:22:48 -0700
>
> "Usenet rule: You make a claim: you provide the support."

Some facts aren't provable without providing more information than I
care to on Usenet.

Nonetheless, those things are all true.

> Don't forget to include how you managed all that, and a job, and still
> had time to make 75,380 (SEVENTY-FIVE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED EIGHTY)
> posts to Usenet over the last 10 years.
>
> That's ~20 posts per day... not including the other forums you
> frequent.

And apparently you're not familiar with how Google Groups fails to
provide accurate results...

> Don't worry about naming your girlfriend, nobody would believe you
> have one of those, either.

No, I won't name her.

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 3:54:27 PM2/21/12
In article
<4fcc93eb-ed4e-41cd...@p13g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
Dene <gds...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Feb 21, 12:36 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>

> > Oh, wait... ...I forgot:
> >
> > You've got me selectively kill-filled!
>
> Yep. How's that danglin feelin?

How's that feeling of being a liar and a hypocrite?

:-)

JohnO

Feb 21, 2012, 3:28:59 PM2/21/12
Yeah, when he's old and his friends are all being looked after and
visited by his kids and grandkids but he's alone I know what he'll be
saying on his deathbed.

gpsman

Feb 21, 2012, 5:51:23 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 3:53 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

>  gpsman <gps...@driversmail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 20, 9:13 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>
> > > I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
> > > Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
> > > twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
> > > winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.
>
> > <spit take>  You poor, stupid bastard.
>
> > From: Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
> > Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:22:48 -0700
>
> > "Usenet rule:  You make a claim: you provide the support."
>
> Some facts aren't provable without providing more information than I
> care to on Usenet.
>
> Nonetheless, those things are all true.

According to a Vancouver real estate agent, no Vancouver real estate
is listed in the name of Alan Baker.

> > Don't forget to include how you managed all that, and a job, and still
> > had time to make 75,380 (SEVENTY-FIVE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED EIGHTY)
> > posts to Usenet over the last 10 years.
>
> > That's ~20 posts per day... not including the other forums you
> > frequent.
>
> And apparently you're not familiar with how Google Groups fails to
> provide accurate results...

Lol. A shovel can be used for things other than digging a hole
deeper.

From: Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:22:48 -0700

"Usenet rule: You make a claim: you provide the support."

> > Don't worry about naming your girlfriend, nobody would believe you
> > have one of those, either.
>
> No, I won't name her.

Yes, we know...
-----

- gpsman

Howard Brazee

Feb 21, 2012, 5:58:44 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:28:59 -0800 (PST), JohnO <john...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> sounds like you are proud of "no wife or kids".. sounds pretty damn
>> lonely to me.
>
>Yeah, when he's old and his friends are all being looked after and
>visited by his kids and grandkids but he's alone I know what he'll be
>saying on his deathbed.

I don't. Everybody's different.

- James Madison

David Laville

Feb 21, 2012, 6:13:01 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:42:25 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>I'm a freelance computer tech support person specializing in Macs (in
>particular, how to integrate Macs with a company's Windows-Active
>Directory infrastructure), and I bill from $60 (for a company that pays
>me a retainer for a minimum 20 hours every month) to $90.

You also told us about your ski instructor training your students. It
turned out to be a weekend instructor training class and you taught
students how to make turns. You also only achieved teaching level I
of 4 levels.

So based on your hyperbole I would say you work at the local Best Buy
taking screws out the computer cases for the tech's, can only get part
time work and get paid minimum wage.

David Laville

Feb 21, 2012, 6:25:11 PM2/21/12
wrote:

>And....Baker does have a worse golf swing. Somebody posted DL's
>analysis and Baker is getting his ass handed to him by a multitude of
>knowledgeable people who agree with DL's assessment.
>
>http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=17225

Wow, I didn't know that was going on. Thanks for posting it. I also
have a full analysis of Alan Baker's swing and he should be thankful
to God I didn't post it.

I read through the thread and I found these quotes from Baker;

:The newest videos from which those stills were taken is are more than a year old.

So I guess since they're over a year old it means he really didn't
swing that way.

:Second, they're cherry-picked from much longer videos by a guy whose already
:decided he dislikes me.

I guess he's claiming everyone should ignore all the off-plane, head
sliding, left arm bending, clubhead throwaway he has because it was
pointed out by a guy who dislikes him.

David Laville

Feb 21, 2012, 6:25:37 PM2/21/12
<alang...@telus.net> wrote:

>> Sounds like the black economy to me, why don't you want to maximise
>> your income??
>
>Why should I?
>
>I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
>Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
>twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
>winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.
>
>For what possible reason would I want to spend more time working?

Yet you were looking for gas money so you could drive down and play
Larry.

David Laville

Feb 21, 2012, 6:25:53 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:18:17 -0600, bkn...@conramp.net wrote:

>Between the two Alan looks like a winner. LlLLLarry is the lowest of
>the low. Snobbery and braggadocio is the mark of debauchery.

Lie this;

:I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
:Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
:twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
:winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.

Care to venture a guess who posted that?

David Laville

Feb 21, 2012, 6:27:06 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:36:41 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>No, Greg. I used hyperbole to describe an event that actually happened.

Why? You told us you are all about fact. Why use hyperbole?

You just admitted to being a liar about facts.

David Laville

Feb 21, 2012, 6:27:39 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:54:27 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> Yep. How's that danglin feelin?
>
>How's that feeling of being a liar and a hypocrite?

You tell us.

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 21, 2012, 6:36:17 PM2/21/12
1. That doesn't come close to LLLLLarrry's lying about his handicap,
which on his web site says he's a 6. Then he talks about wanting to
be able to playing the low 80s.

2. There is no comparison to LLLLarrry's holier-than-thou attitude
about not playing with "lower class" worker bees.

You have a real problem David. You admit that LLLLLarry is a low life
liar, and you've seen his snobbery, but you can't help but picking
fly shit out of pepper to put Alan down. There has to be some smidgen
of reason in you.

BK

David Laville

Feb 21, 2012, 7:03:20 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:36:17 -0600, bkn...@conramp.net wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:25:53 -0600, David Laville
><dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:18:17 -0600, bkn...@conramp.net wrote:
>>
>>>Between the two Alan looks like a winner. LlLLLarry is the lowest of
>>>the low. Snobbery and braggadocio is the mark of debauchery.
>>
>>Lie this;
>>
>>:I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
>>:Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
>>:twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
>>:winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.

>>Care to venture a guess who posted that?

>1. That doesn't come close to LLLLLarrry's lying about his handicap,
>which on his web site says he's a 6. Then he talks about wanting to
>be able to playing the low 80s.

That's not what you posted. Let me remind you;

Snobbery and braggadocio is the mark of debauchery

Please tell us why you exempt Alan Baker from this statement.

>2. There is no comparison to LLLLarrry's holier-than-thou attitude
>about not playing with "lower class" worker bees.

And this is different than the liberals in this group who portray
themselves as smarter and more insightful than everyone else how?

>You have a real problem David. You admit that LLLLLarry is a low life
>liar, and you've seen his snobbery, but you can't help but picking
>fly shit out of pepper to put Alan down.

Hold on a second, I admit Larry is a low life and I put Alan Baker
down therefore I have a real problem?

If anyone has a problem it's you because you can't remove your lips
from Alan Baker's ass.

>There has to be some smidgen of reason in you.

More than you'll ever have.

la...@pivotforpower.com

Feb 21, 2012, 7:13:29 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 3:36 pm, bkni...@conramp.net wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:25:53 -0600, David Laville
>
> <dlavi...@nospam.net> wrote:
> >On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:18:17 -0600, bkni...@conramp.net wrote:
>
> >>Between the two Alan looks like a winner.  LlLLLarry is the lowest of
> >>the low.  Snobbery and braggadocio is the mark of debauchery.
>
> >Lie this;
>
> >:I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
> >:Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
> >:twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
> >:winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.
>
> >Care to venture a guess who posted that?
>
> 1.  That doesn't come close to LLLLLarrry's lying about his handicap,
> which on his web site says he's a 6.  Then he talks about wanting to
> be able to playing the low 80s.
>
> 2.  There is no comparison to LLLLarrry's holier-than-thou attitude
> about not playing with "lower class" worker bees.
>
> You have a real problem David.  You admit that LLLLLarry is a low life
> liar, and you've seen his snobbery,  but you can't help but picking
> fly shit out of pepper to put Alan down.  There has to be some smidgen
> of reason in you.
>
> BK

I am slowly getting the opinion that BK is one sick old man. He
routinely posts scurrilous personal attacks without foundation and
almost no provocation.

I remember him telling this forum that he was a senior manager in an
Internet Service provider-- or similar. He was so ready to challenge
whether I am a stock holder in a San Diego area company in that same
business--and disputed whether that company could determine for me any
poster's location and computer ID information. But each time we got
down to details, there was only silence from BK.

BTW, David Laville and I had a very cordial telephone conversation.
He is a gentleman and a man of his word. We would likely be friends
if were were geographically near.

Larry

kommienezuspadt

Feb 21, 2012, 7:20:28 PM2/21/12

"Dene" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 2:07 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> ...and no cattle.
>
> On January 4, it was:
>
> "And you are correct. I hit it straight. I hit fairways and I usually
> hit the greens from the fairways. I usually 2-putt. And accordingly
> I shoot near 80 and sometimes under."
>
> Then one day later:
>
> "I shoot around 80 from the blues or the whites.
> Just solid golf."
>
> Then on January 6:
>
> "Thanks David. But just winning a match against a high-handicapper is
> far below what I will do. I would beat AB by 20 strokes! I expect to
> shoot par on most courses because I expect to hit ALL fairways and
> most greens and then 2-putt."
>
> On January 7:
>
> "Waiting for Alan to show his stuff, sorta like the strutting and
> flexing before a cage match. I showed that I can hit them straight
> and long with every club. My swing may not look like a pro's, I need
> to rehearse my backswing, get it right and then swing, but I do find a
> way to hit it crisp and propel that sucker toward the target. I don't
> play the treeline and I seldom need to recover from beside or over the
> greens.
>
> Hey AB, put up or shut up. There is no shame in backing down when you
> know you are in WAY over your head."
>
> The February 3:
>
> "My pro cares about my whole game. So sometimes instead of hitting
> full shots we walk over and work on chips and pitches, even lob shots.
> Accordingly, I have become quite decent with a 60 degree wedge
> because my technique is correct. "
>
> And on February 4:
>
> "AND, I have taken putting lessons-- I do it exactly right-- and the
> ball goes in! "
>
> So according to Larry, his whole game is great and he's going to be a 10
> index by 20 strokes.
>
> Funny that he's crawled away from his challenge then, isn't it?
>
> :-)

All irrelevent, except to the resident troll.

-Greg

===

and that is why I've killfiled Larry --- I just wish others would do the
same so I could avoid him even more effectively.

Frank Ketchum

Feb 21, 2012, 7:30:02 PM2/21/12
<bkn...@conramp.net> wrote in message
Given that the trajectory of this thread is becoming a discussion of who is
the bigger turd, Alan or Larry I changed the subject.

Dene

Feb 21, 2012, 7:31:56 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 4:13 pm, la...@pivotforpower.com wrote:

> I am slowly getting the opinion that BK is one sick old man.    He
> routinely posts scurrilous personal attacks without foundation and
> almost no provocation.

Really Larry. Nothing you boast n post is provocative?

> I remember him telling this forum that he was a senior manager in an
> Internet Service provider-- or similar.  He was so ready to challenge
> whether I am a stock holder in a San Diego area company in that same
> business--and disputed whether that company could determine for me any
> poster's location and computer ID information.  But each time we got
> down to details, there was only silence from BK.
>
> BTW, David Laville and I had a very cordial telephone conversation.
> He is a gentleman and a man of his word.  We would likely be friends
> if were were geographically near.
>
> Larry

David...true or false?

-Greg

Dene

Feb 21, 2012, 7:33:44 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 3:13 pm, David Laville <dlavi...@nospam.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:42:25 -0800, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
I was thinking pizza delivery.

-Greg

Horva...@net.net

Feb 21, 2012, 7:39:17 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:05:42 -0800 (PST), BARDFROMLARD
<BARDFR...@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote this crap:

>> >For what possible reason would I want to spend more time working?
>>
>> I'm with you, dude.  My house is paid for.  My car is paid for.  I
>> have no wife or kids.  Nobody says on their deathbed, "I should have
>> spent more time at the office."
>>

>sounds like you are proud of "no wife or kids".. sounds pretty damn
>lonely to me.

Shows what you know.

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 21, 2012, 7:39:56 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:03:20 -0600, David Laville
<dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:36:17 -0600, bkn...@conramp.net wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:25:53 -0600, David Laville
>><dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:

>>>Lie this;
>>>
>>>:I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
>>>:Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
>>>:twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
>>>:winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.
>
>>>Care to venture a guess who posted that?
>
>>1. That doesn't come close to LLLLLarrry's lying about his handicap,
>>which on his web site says he's a 6. Then he talks about wanting to
>>be able to playing the low 80s.
>
>That's not what you posted. Let me remind you;
>
>Snobbery and braggadocio is the mark of debauchery
>
>Please tell us why you exempt Alan Baker from this statement.

I don't. I just am able to see that LLLLarrry is much worse in both
categories.

>>2. There is no comparison to LLLLarrry's holier-than-thou attitude
>>about not playing with "lower class" worker bees.
>
>And this is different than the liberals in this group who portray
>themselves as smarter and more insightful than everyone else how?

Of course it's different. No one else on this forum has ever
intimated that they were of a higher class than others, or better than
workableness. LLLLarry is a snob.

This is what I mean by you having a problem. Where is there any
reason to bring politics into this discussion. There's no liberal, or
conservative, view involved. At least to anyone with that smidgen of
reason I mentioned. Any discussion will make someone think that the
other is portraying themselves as smarter. That's what arguments are
made of....on either side.

>>You have a real problem David. You admit that LLLLLarry is a low life
>>liar, and you've seen his snobbery, but you can't help but picking
>>fly shit out of pepper to put Alan down.
>
>Hold on a second, I admit Larry is a low life and I put Alan Baker
>down therefore I have a real problem?

You make a point to only find reasons to put just one of them down.
The other one has gone to the trouble of checking up on you and then
lying, but there is seldom rebuttal to his posts...always to the other
though.

>If anyone has a problem it's you because you can't remove your lips
>from Alan Baker's ass.

That is patently ridiculous. I He's kill filed, but I do see a major
difference in the two people that are being discussed, and you just
can't make a reasonable thought without screaming "liberal". You
even did it here.

>>There has to be some smidgen of reason in you.
>
>More than you'll ever have.

Nope. As an example, your rant against JohnO who you called a liberal
and a hypocrite just because he had a strong criticism of Ken...but he
had said nothing about politics.. The other example was, without any
reason at all, you called me a hypocrite and intimated that I had
mental problems when I said absolutely nothing in criticism of you.
Nothing. It was out of the blue.

As I said at the time, there was never anything but respect for you
from me and I didn't deserve that. Knowing that it was an
off-the-cuff rant from you I asked for an apology. Didn't happen.
Notice that none of my posts to you are related to politics.

I'm sure that this all will fall on deaf ears.

BK

Horva...@net.net

Feb 21, 2012, 7:42:01 PM2/21/12
wrote this crap:

>> sounds like you are proud of "no wife or kids".. sounds pretty damn
>> lonely to me.
>
>Yeah, when he's old and his friends are all being looked after and
>visited by his kids and grandkids but he's alone I know what he'll be
>saying on his deathbed.

I'll be saying, "Sucks to be you."

I grew up with seven brothers and sisters. I like living alone.

bkn...@conramp.net

Feb 21, 2012, 7:49:27 PM2/21/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:13:29 -0800 (PST), la...@pivotforpower.com
wrote:
>Internet provider-- or similar. He was so ready to challenge
>whether I am a stock holder in a San Diego area company in that same
>business--and disputed whether that company could determine for me any
>poster's location and computer ID information. But each time we got
>to details, there was only silence from BK.

Utter bullshit. Anyone can find general information, such as the area
of a computer if you have the ip. But you can't get any specific
information about the computer user information. One doesn't have to
go to an ISP to do that.

You're closer to senility than I if you think so.

>BTW, David Laville and I had a very cordial telephone conversation.
>He is a gentleman and a man of his word. We would likely be friends
>if were were geographically near.

That's funny. He says that this is a lie, and in a post within the
last hour he calls you a low life. That doesn't resemble friendship.

BK

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 8:50:10 PM2/21/12
In article <lv98k75if1thi9g8p...@4ax.com>,
I did. In refutation of a claim made about me.

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 8:51:31 PM2/21/12
In article <40b8k7588mh5ee7e5...@4ax.com>,
David Laville <dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:36:17 -0600, bkn...@conramp.net wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:25:53 -0600, David Laville
> ><dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:

> >>Lie this;
> >>
> >>:I own my own condo less than 10 minutes from the centre of downtown
> >>:Vancouver. I have enough money for my recreation (I play golf probably
> >>:twice a week in the summer and play hockey 4-6 times a week in the
> >>:winter, and I ski) and my retirement is already covered.
>
> >>Care to venture a guess who posted that?
>
> >1. That doesn't come close to LLLLLarrry's lying about his handicap,
> >which on his web site says he's a 6. Then he talks about wanting to
> >be able to playing the low 80s.
>
> That's not what you posted. Let me remind you;
>
> Snobbery and braggadocio is the mark of debauchery
>
> Please tell us why you exempt Alan Baker from this statement.

Please tell us how simply posting the facts of one's life would be
"snobbery" or "braggadocio"...

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 8:52:36 PM2/21/12
In article <40a8k7hg8a80gqlpb...@4ax.com>,
David Laville <dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:36:41 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >No, Greg. I used hyperbole to describe an event that actually happened.
>
> Why? You told us you are all about fact. Why use hyperbole?

Because language can be more than simply facts.

When someone objected to the language, I apologized for it.

> You just admitted to being a liar about facts.

Nope.

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 8:53:57 PM2/21/12
In article <f598k79vg9urdlfo2...@4ax.com>,
David Laville <dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:42:25 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I'm a freelance computer tech support person specializing in Macs (in
> >particular, how to integrate Macs with a company's Windows-Active
> >Directory infrastructure), and I bill from $60 (for a company that pays
> >me a retainer for a minimum 20 hours every month) to $90.
>
> You also told us about your ski instructor training your students. It
> turned out to be a weekend instructor training class and you taught
> students how to make turns. You also only achieved teaching level I
> of 4 levels.

Nope. You've just completely mischaracterized what I said. I took a
training course (not a weekend course, BTW; four days) and then spent
three years teaching.

> So based on your hyperbole I would say you work at the local Best Buy
> taking screws out the computer cases for the tech's, can only get part
> time work and get paid minimum wage.

Wrong again.

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 8:54:43 PM2/21/12
In article <qu98k712mtn6jp1jt...@4ax.com>,
Nope. That is a flat out lie on your part.

Alan Baker

Feb 21, 2012, 8:57:50 PM2/21/12
In article
<7cddb4d3-112a-4bf3...@j8g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
gpsman <gps...@driversmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 21, 3:53 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> >
> >  gpsman <gps...@driversmail.com> wrote:

> > > <spit take>  You poor, stupid bastard.
> >
> > > From: Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
> > > Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:22:48 -0700
> >
> > > "Usenet rule:  You make a claim: you provide the support."
> >
> > Some facts aren't provable without providing more information than I
> > care to on Usenet.
> >
> > Nonetheless, those things are all true.
>
> According to a Vancouver real estate agent, no Vancouver real estate
> is listed in the name of Alan Baker.

Sorry. Your source is wrong.

gpsman

Feb 21, 2012, 11:36:04 PM2/21/12
On Feb 21, 8:57 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>  gpsman <gps...@driversmail.com> wrote:
>
> > According to a Vancouver real estate agent, no Vancouver real estate
> > is listed in the name of Alan Baker.
>
> Sorry. Your source is wrong.

"Nyuh-uh" makes such a sparkling rebuttal.

Shall we wait for your explanation of "how Google Groups fails to
provide accurate results... "...?
-----

- gpsman

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 3:44:40 AM2/22/12
In article
<d4cf4c80-2850-440d...@eb6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
Tell you what:

Are you willing to place a small wager on whether or not I own a condo
in Vancouver?

Somehow, I bet you're about to come over all coy.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 4:00:06 AM2/22/12
In article
<f828d814-09b1-4401...@i18g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>,
You mean things like saying that someone is unemployed and a high school
dropout living off his mother?

> I remember him telling this forum that he was a senior manager in an
> Internet Service provider-- or similar. He was so ready to challenge
> whether I am a stock holder in a San Diego area company in that same
> business--and disputed whether that company could determine for me any
> poster's location and computer ID information. But each time we got
> down to details, there was only silence from BK.

I remember you telling you owned a Piper Malibu... ...only yours was a
strange high wing version of which they must only have built one.

> BTW, David Laville and I had a very cordial telephone conversation.
> He is a gentleman and a man of his word. We would likely be friends
> if were were geographically near.

He says he never spoke to you on the phone...

Moderate

Feb 22, 2012, 6:31:41 AM2/22/12
Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <d4cf4c80-2850-440d...@eb6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> gpsman <gps...@driversmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Shall we wait for your explanation of "how Google Groups fails to
>> provide accurate results... "...?
>
> Tell you what:
>
> Are you willing to place a small wager on whether or not I own a condo
> in Vancouver?
>
> Somehow, I bet you're about to come over all coy.

I own a house, big deal. What about your google groups claim?

MNMikew

Feb 22, 2012, 10:15:19 AM2/22/12

"Moderate" <nos...@nomail.com> wrote in message
I own a house and a cabin, big deal. You will hear nothing but crickets on
the Google claim.

Dene

Feb 22, 2012, 11:21:31 AM2/22/12
On Feb 22, 7:15 am, "MNMikew" <MNMiik...@aol.com> wrote:

> > I own a house, big deal. What about your google groups claim?
>
> I own a house and a cabin, big deal. You will hear nothing but crickets on
> the Google claim.

Condo=glorified apartment.

Don't you people know that Google Groups stats are hyperbole?

-Greg

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 12:11:48 PM2/22/12
In article <1945300071351602166.1...@news.aioe.org>,
You haven't notice the times when Google Groups won't return any results
for a search you know should have results?

Really?

Well here's an example:

Look at the page that says I posted 75482 times since 2001 (which said
2004 when I visited the page yesterday):

<http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=szhcZxQAAADSOqJAZimVQAU
0MFBrCQZbANzlI28YMOqJoqdK4hA-xw>

Now click on the link where it says I posted 108 times in Nov 2001. How
many results do you get? I got 29.

When you click on the link for the 398 posts it says I've made this
month, suddenly there are only 84 results.

Need any more?

And I never claimed owning my place was a big deal. I was explaining why
I don't need to work more than I do and then someone else came along and
tried to claim I don't own my condo.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 12:11:58 PM2/22/12
In article <9qkf3v...@mid.individual.net>,
Wrong yet again, Mike.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 12:24:45 PM2/22/12
In article <8t98k71pifr6lmi3r...@4ax.com>,
David Laville <dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:07:20 -0800 (PST), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> >And....Baker does have a worse golf swing. Somebody posted DL's
> >analysis and Baker is getting his ass handed to him by a multitude of
> >knowledgeable people who agree with DL's assessment.
> >
> >http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=17225
>
> Wow, I didn't know that was going on. Thanks for posting it. I also
> have a full analysis of Alan Baker's swing and he should be thankful
> to God I didn't post it.
>
> I read through the thread and I found these quotes from Baker;
>
> :The newest videos from which those stills were taken is are more than a year
> :old.
>
> So I guess since they're over a year old it means he really didn't
> swing that way.
>
> :Second, they're cherry-picked from much longer videos by a guy whose already
> :decided he dislikes me.
>
> I guess he's claiming everyone should ignore all the off-plane, head
> sliding, left arm bending, clubhead throwaway he has because it was
> pointed out by a guy who dislikes him.

Nope.

I'm claiming that you took a couple of stills out of a couple of quite
long videos and that you're not motivated to post the best swing you saw.

OTOH, Larry almost never posts anything but a single swing (or perhaps
two) and given his personality, does anyone doubt that he doesn't pick
the one that was the best?

Come on, David, the man is all about exaggeration. He claims to be
hitting his 9 iron 150 yards for goodness sake!

gpsman

Feb 22, 2012, 12:48:29 PM2/22/12
On Feb 22, 12:11 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> Look at the page that says I posted 75482 times since 2001 (which said
> 2004 when I visited the page yesterday):

No, you remember wrong. You confused the "recent activity" and "post
activity".

> <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=szhcZxQAAADSOqJAZimVQAU
> 0MFBrCQZbANzlI28YMOqJoqdK4hA-xw>
>
> Now click on the link where it says I posted 108 times in Nov 2001. How
> many results do you get? I got 29.
>
> When you click on the link for the 398 posts it says I've made this
> month, suddenly there are only 84 results.
>
> Need any more?

Lol.

Your evidence fails to distinguish which result may be right, or
wrong.

The number of posts also changes with "sort by date/relevance", but
you still have failed to establish any reason to not suspect GG simply
does not return all posts.

So, your evidence is insufficient to support your implied conclusion
that GG inflates posting stats.

As usual.

> And I never claimed owning my place was a big deal.

You didn't have to. The preposterousness of the idea was the "big
deal".
------

- gpsman

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 12:56:14 PM2/22/12
In article
<d47c0deb-0f1f-4ccb...@f5g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
gpsman <gps...@driversmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 22, 12:11 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > Look at the page that says I posted 75482 times since 2001 (which said
> > 2004 when I visited the page yesterday):
>
> No, you remember wrong. You confused the "recent activity" and "post
> activity".
>

> > <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=szhcZxQAAADSOqJAZimVQAU
> > 0MFBrCQZbANzlI28YMOqJoqdK4hA-xw>
> >
> > Now click on the link where it says I posted 108 times in Nov 2001. How
> > many results do you get? I got 29.
> >
> > When you click on the link for the 398 posts it says I've made this
> > month, suddenly there are only 84 results.
> >
> > Need any more?
>
> Lol.
>
> Your evidence fails to distinguish which result may be right, or
> wrong.

The fact (you do agree it's a fact, right?) that it cannot return the
same results in both cases shows that its figures cannot be trusted.

> The number of posts also changes with "sort by date/relevance", but
> you still have failed to establish any reason to not suspect GG simply
> does not return all posts.

Fine. I've just shown that when you do an actual search for a particular
time period it returns a much smaller numer.

Your turn to "establish any reason to not suspect" it has returned all
results....

> So, your evidence is insufficient to support your implied conclusion
> that GG inflates posting stats.

LOL

> As usual.
>
> > And I never claimed owning my place was a big deal.
>
> You didn't have to. The preposterousness of the idea was the "big
> deal".

The idea is no preposterous, because it is the simple fact of the matter.

If you want proof of that, I'm willing to provide it, but not to an
anonymous posting id on the internet.

Steve

Feb 22, 2012, 7:10:37 PM2/22/12
Why don't you go troll the computer groups, you scumbag.

"Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> wrote in message

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 7:24:03 PM2/22/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:51:31 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> Please tell us why you exempt Alan Baker from this statement.
>
>Please tell us how simply posting the facts of one's life would be
>"snobbery" or "braggadocio"...

They aren't facts because you have yet to prove any of them.

Remember this post of yours:

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 7:24:15 PM2/22/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:52:36 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> Why? You told us you are all about fact. Why use hyperbole?
>
>Because language can be more than simply facts.

So you just admitted to stretching the facts.

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 7:24:34 PM2/22/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:53:57 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> You also told us about your ski instructor training your students. It
>> turned out to be a weekend instructor training class and you taught
>> students how to make turns. You also only achieved teaching level I
>> of 4 levels.
>
>Nope. You've just completely mischaracterized what I said. I took a
>training course (not a weekend course, BTW; four days) and then spent
>three years teaching.

You spent two days in a class and two days on the slope learning how
to teach beginners to make turns and you only completed level I of 4
teaching levels.

Yet you were going around boosting about your "extensive" instructor
training that made you an expert on instruction.

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 7:27:26 PM2/22/12
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:24:45 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> I guess he's claiming everyone should ignore all the off-plane, head
>> sliding, left arm bending, clubhead throwaway he has because it was
>> pointed out by a guy who dislikes him.
>
>Nope.
>
>I'm claiming that you took a couple of stills out of a couple of quite
>long videos and that you're not motivated to post the best swing you saw.

I posted what you were doing, consistently. If you got a problem with
it post the contradicting clips. I'll be waiting.

>OTOH, Larry almost never posts anything but a single swing (or perhaps
>two) and given his personality, does anyone doubt that he doesn't pick
>the one that was the best?

>Come on, David, the man is all about exaggeration.

Compared to your exaggerations about your golf swing, ski instructor
training and Ken tossing a club?

>He claims to be
>hitting his 9 iron 150 yards for goodness sake!

So what? How does that affect your life? Your golf game?

Why don't you get a life.

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 7:27:34 PM2/22/12
wrote:

>> You also told us about your ski instructor training your students. It
>> turned out to be a weekend instructor training class and you taught
>> students how to make turns. You also only achieved teaching level I
>> of 4 levels.
>
>Nope. You've just completely mischaracterized what I said.

Kind of like when you mischaracterized Ken tossing a club?

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 7:27:42 PM2/22/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:31:56 -0800 (PST), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:

>> BTW, David Laville and I had a very cordial telephone conversation.
>> He is a gentleman and a man of his word.  We would likely be friends
>> if were were geographically near.
>>
>> Larry
>
>David...true or false?

You know it's a lie and troll bait.

Larry has made my kill file.

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 7:27:53 PM2/22/12
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:54:43 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> Yet you were looking for gas money so you could drive down and play
>> Larry.
>
>Nope. That is a flat out lie on your part.

No silly, it's hyperbole.

I learned it from you.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 7:38:05 PM2/22/12
In article <ko1bk75hp0f8d4j4i...@4ax.com>,
David Laville <dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:51:31 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >> Please tell us why you exempt Alan Baker from this statement.
> >
> >Please tell us how simply posting the facts of one's life would be
> >"snobbery" or "braggadocio"...
>
> They aren't facts because you have yet to prove any of them.

No, David--and this is subtle so you might want to pay attention.

Facts are facts regardless of whether or not they are proven.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 7:40:07 PM2/22/12
In article <5p1bk75ek96t804vs...@4ax.com>,
I admitted to using colorful language in the context of a Usenet
discussion forum.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 7:41:36 PM2/22/12
In article <hp1bk7lotu1re8r72...@4ax.com>,
David Laville <dlav...@nospam.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:53:57 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >> You also told us about your ski instructor training your students. It
> >> turned out to be a weekend instructor training class and you taught
> >> students how to make turns. You also only achieved teaching level I
> >> of 4 levels.
> >
> >Nope. You've just completely mischaracterized what I said. I took a
> >training course (not a weekend course, BTW; four days) and then spent
> >three years teaching.
>
> You spent two days in a class and two days on the slope learning how
> to teach beginners to make turns and you only completed level I of 4
> teaching levels.

Nope. You have it incorrect again.

> Yet you were going around boosting about your "extensive" instructor
> training that made you an expert on instruction.

Nope. I mentioned that I have actually received instruction in how to
teach physical skills in a discussion where that information was
appropriate.

But go ahead, if you think you can show me "boosting" [sic] about it,
let's see the post.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 7:42:07 PM2/22/12
In article <5q1bk7d94baqv0uch...@4ax.com>,
Why don't you?

:-)

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 7:42:24 PM2/22/12
In article <gv1bk79gohv7s916u...@4ax.com>,
Nope. Nothing at all like actually.

Alan Baker

Feb 22, 2012, 7:43:04 PM2/22/12
In article <102bk7pfjm7kdv4v9...@4ax.com>,
Nope. Because there is no basic underlying fact you have exaggerated for
rhetorical effect.

> I learned it from you.

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 8:25:39 PM2/22/12
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:38:05 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> They aren't facts because you have yet to prove any of them.
>
>No, David--and this is subtle so you might want to pay attention.
>
>Facts are facts regardless of whether or not they are proven.

Unless it is someone else other than you making a claim than you post;

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 8:25:59 PM2/22/12
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:40:07 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> >Because language can be more than simply facts.
>>
>> So you just admitted to stretching the facts.
>
>I admitted to using colorful language in the context of a Usenet
>discussion forum.

So far you've admitted to using hyperbole and colorful language when
describing Ken tossing a club.

Thanks for admitting how dishonest you are.

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 8:26:09 PM2/22/12
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:41:36 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> You spent two days in a class and two days on the slope learning how
>> to teach beginners to make turns and you only completed level I of 4
>> teaching levels.
>
>Nope. You have it incorrect again.

Lets see what you wrote;

:Posted by Alan Baker on
:23 Feb 2005 20:59:12

:This weekend just passed, after an excruciatingly drawn out I
:completed my CSIA Level One training and was duly certified. I'm now
:officially a Ski Instructor.
:
:Actually getting the course done was the really tricky bit. We started
:the course on January 22... ...in the pouring rain. What was supposed
:to be an hour or two of class room time, became six, and during the
:day, the ski school director dropped by to say that Sunday would be a
:washout.
:
:And then we waited for snow to fall and the mountain to reopen.
:
:Jan 29-30: no.
:
:February 5-6: nada.
:
:February 12-13: yes!
:
:Two days on the hill where they only really bad snow was the skiout.
:The only trouble was that the course would now complete on the 19-20
:weekend, and I'd missing spending the day with my gf, who was then in
:town for a week.
:
:But the show went on, and with some very good instructors, I once
:again learned how to skid my turns in the approved manner for
:teaching beginners. It's amazing how difficult it is to deconstruct
:one's technique. <g >

You're right, I got it wrong. I gave you credit for 2 days in a class
when it was really 6 hours.

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 8:26:17 PM2/22/12
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:42:07 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> Why don't you get a life.
>
>Why don't you?

I have a life, that's why I'm not posting to the internet 24/7 like
you.

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 8:26:25 PM2/22/12
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:42:24 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> >Nope. You've just completely mischaracterized what I said.
>>
>> Kind of like when you mischaracterized Ken tossing a club?
>
>Nope. Nothing at all like actually.

Than was all the bullshit you told us about using hyperbole and
colorful language to describe Ken throwing a club?

David Laville

Feb 22, 2012, 8:26:34 PM2/22/12
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:43:04 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>> >Nope. That is a flat out lie on your part.
>>
>> No silly, it's hyperbole.
>
>Nope. Because there is no basic underlying fact you have exaggerated for
>rhetorical effect.

Do you make this shit up as you go along?

Dene

Feb 22, 2012, 8:51:43 PM2/22/12
On Feb 22, 5:26 pm, David Laville <dlavi...@nospam.net> wrote:

> >> No silly, it's hyperbole.
>
> >Nope. Because there is no basic underlying fact you have exaggerated for
> >rhetorical effect.
>
> Do you make this shit up as you go along?

The unique skills of the Great Hyperboler.....

-Greg

Dene

Feb 22, 2012, 8:52:18 PM2/22/12
On Feb 22, 4:27 pm, David Laville <dlavi...@nospam.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:31:56 -0800 (PST), Dene <gdst...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> BTW, David Laville and I had a very cordial telephone conversation.
> >> He is a gentleman and a man of his word.  We would likely be friends
> >> if were were geographically near.
>
> >> Larry
>
> >David...true or false?
>
> You know it's a lie and troll bait.
>
> Larry has made my kill file.

Wish I had one.

-Greg

Dene

Feb 22, 2012, 8:53:44 PM2/22/12
On Feb 22, 5:25 pm, David Laville <dlavi...@nospam.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:38:05 -0800, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >> They aren't facts because you have yet to prove any of them.
>
> >No, David--and this is subtle so you might want to pay attention.
>
> >Facts are facts regardless of whether or not they are proven.
>
> Unless it is someone else other than you making a claim than you post;
>
> From: Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
> Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:22:48 -0700
>
> "Usenet rule:  You make a claim: you provide the support."

Hmmm.....is there a double standard at play here?

Better word. Hypocrisy....from the Great Hypoboler.

-Greg
It is loading more messages.