Quayle on Monday Night (NFL:PRO)

Baron Silas Greenback

Nov 8, 1990, 8:43:15 AM11/8/90
Just thought it was funny to have Danny boy on Monday Night football
this last Monday. The humorous thing is that in comparison to the
Monday night crew, Quayle looked intelligent.....

s conrad
Scott Conrad | I'm here to serve.... Would you like fries with that?
CEC Insultant | "Sure as you can steer a train, you can change
sec...@cec2.wustl.edu | your fate." -They Might Be Giants

Bill Mangione-Smith

Nov 12, 1990, 9:34:41 AM11/12/90
In article <1990Nov8.1...@cec1.wustl.edu> sec...@cec2.wustl.edu (Baron Silas Greenback) writes:
>Just thought it was funny to have Danny boy on Monday Night football
>this last Monday. The humorous thing is that in comparison to the
>Monday night crew, Quayle looked intelligent.....

No he didn't. He looked like a simpering boob. The Monday Night Football
guys say stupid things. They speak in incomplete and incorrect sentences.
However, they almost always do this with a smooth flow to their delivery. Quayle
had the same problems with his English, and managed to stutter, halt, and
abort sentences in the middle. But then this isn't alt.politics...

>s conrad

bill
--
-------------------------------
Bill Mangione-Smith

Steve Novak #3000 x2110

Nov 12, 1990, 5:14:23 PM11/12/90
> = (Baron Silas Greenback) writes:
>Just thought it was funny to have Danny boy on Monday Night football
>this last Monday. The humorous thing is that in comparison to the
>Monday night crew, Quayle looked intelligent.....

I don't know about looks, but he didn't *sound* intelligent. Maybe
compared to Frank Gifford...

--
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Steve Novak | | "Nothing to do to save his life..." |

Louis Kilmer

Nov 13, 1990, 10:16:52 AM11/13/90

Dan Quayle was very intelligent on Monday night football. I thought
he did an excellent job. He didn't studddddder or hesitate at any questions
and did an excellent play-by-play on a series of downs.

This is all fine and dandy but it makes me wonder if he knows football
(and golf) then does he know politics? Maybe his job isn't in
the white house but in the booth.

Lou Kilmer.

Bruce Smith

Nov 13, 1990, 1:32:07 PM11/13/90
In article <1990Nov12.1...@zip.eecs.umich.edu> bil...@zip.eecs.umich.edu (Bill Mangione-Smith) writes:
>In article <1990Nov8.1...@cec1.wustl.edu> sec...@cec2.wustl.edu (Baron Silas Greenback) writes:
>>Just thought it was funny to have Danny boy on Monday Night football
>>this last Monday. The humorous thing is that in comparison to the
>>Monday night crew, Quayle looked intelligent.....
>
>No he didn't. He looked like a simpering boob. The Monday Night Football
>guys say stupid things. They speak in incomplete and incorrect sentences.
>However, they almost always do this with a smooth flow to their delivery.
>Quayle had the same problems with his English, and managed to stutter, halt,
>and abort sentences in the middle. But then this isn't alt.politics...

Not only did the Quayle-man sound somewhat like an English-as-third-language
student, he managed to make himself sound idiotic about football. One of
the MNF guys asked our illustrious VP what he play he would call on the
upcoming third-and-long situation.

"Well," said Quayle, fumbling for words, "I wouldn't punt. Uhhhh...I'd
call a down and out!" He looked relieved at this point to at least
have come up with an acceptable answer, although I was less than convinced
that he actually knew what a down and out was.

Bruce Smith

Eric C. Bennett

Nov 13, 1990, 8:21:19 PM11/13/90

>Not only did the Quayle-man sound somewhat like an English-as-third-language
>student, he managed to make himself sound idiotic about football. One of
>the MNF guys asked our illustrious VP what he play he would call on the
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>upcoming third-and-long situation.

Before you go criticizing(sp?) our vice-president about what he says, please
do your best to not look like a fool doing it. I don't really think Quayle
bashing is funny anymore. Maybe we should get Quayle on the net so he can
nit-pick at your sentences while you are making fun of what he says on TV.

Eric

--
Eric C. Bennett uucp: {elroy|cit-vax}!wciu!abode!eric
El Monte, Ca Internet: er...@abode.wciu.edu

If you can read this you aren't looking through the hubble space telescope!

Bruce Smith

Nov 14, 1990, 9:57:32 AM11/14/90
In article <1...@abode.UUCP> er...@abode.UUCP (Eric C. Bennett) writes:

>>Not only did the Quayle-man sound somewhat like an English-as-third-language
>>student, he managed to make himself sound idiotic about football. One of
>>the MNF guys asked our illustrious VP what he play he would call on the
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>upcoming third-and-long situation.
>>

>Before you go criticizing(sp?) our vice-president about what he says, please
>do your best to not look like a fool doing it. I don't really think Quayle
>bashing is funny anymore. Maybe we should get Quayle on the net so he can
>nit-pick at your sentences while you are making fun of what he says on TV.

Awwwwww....I hurted his feelings by picking on Danny-boy, so he's
gonna jump all over my typo. I sorry. And could you arrange net access for
Danny-boy? Then both you and he could nit-pick at my sentences. I try to
do better.

Jeez, you'd think things weren't bad enough around here: The Pats just lost
another improbable game (to the Colts, yet!), the state of Massachusetts
is teetering on the brink of ruin, our troops are sitting around in the
desert, and I'm being taken to task for *making a typo while criticizing
the Vice President!*

Goodbye cruel world, I'm off to join the circus!

Bruce Smith

Steve Novak #3000 x2110

Nov 14, 1990, 1:53:56 PM11/14/90
> = (Eric C. Bennett) writes:

[re: previous poster says Quayle's an idiot...]

>Before you go criticizing(sp?) our vice-president about what he says, please
>do your best to not look like a fool doing it. I don't really think Quayle
>bashing is funny anymore.

I haven't thought it was funny since Bush chose him. The dumbshit is,
as they say, a heartbeat away from being our PRESIDENT. President
Chicken Hawk. Has a nice ring to it.

>Maybe we should get Quayle on the net so he can
>nit-pick at your sentences while you are making fun of what he says on TV.

Maybe we should wonder why we voted such an incompetent rich kid as our
V.P. rather than criticize one of our more humorous national pastimes -
making fun of Danny.

Paul Carter

Nov 20, 1990, 4:12:06 PM11/20/90
In <1...@abode.UUCP> er...@abode.UUCP (Eric C. Bennett) writes:

>I don't really think Quayle bashing is funny anymore.

Haven't you read rec.hunting? Quayle season is now open year 'round!!
I still get loads and loads of pleasure from Quayle bashing, and I'm
not alone....

Paul
Paul Carter Intergraph Corporation- Huntsville Ala.
uucp: uunet!ingr!b15!ptc (205) 730-6859

Pradeep Deshpande

Nov 21, 1990, 2:45:03 PM11/21/90
In <1...@abode.UUCP> er...@abode.UUCP (Eric C. Bennett) writes:

>I don't really think Quayle bashing is funny anymore.

Why not ?

"Saddam has biological capabilities", revealed Danny boy on NBC
nightly news, recently. Now folks isn't that scary.

-Pradeep.

Pradeep Deshpande | Intergraph Corporation
INTERNET: b11!indira!pra...@ingr.com | One Madison Industrial Park
UUNET : ...uunet!ingr!b11!indira!pradeep | Mail Stop CR1105