Bills Boosters in LA/San Diego?

G Brandon Brooks

Jul 23, 1992, 2:54:14 PM7/23/92
Hi!

I'm a very vigorous Bills fan, but I'm moving to Riverside, California
for a job out there tomorrow. (Riverside is between Los Angeles and San Diego)
I hope to catch the Bills games down there in Riverside. Is there any
Bills Boosters club or bar down there that shows Bills games?

'The Bills make me wanna shout,
kick my heels up and shout,
throw my head back and shout,
C'mon now... the Bills are makin' it happen now...
Yeahyeahyeahyeah.......'

-Brandon!

Doug Evans - UCS Network Systems

Jul 23, 1992, 5:35:00 PM7/23/92
Here is a list of bars and some info on the Bills' Backers Club that
I collected last season. I was supposed to have posted it then, but
since I'm such a slug, I didn't get around to it until now. :)

(Actually, last year was just one big blur and something about being
scalped at the end when I cried in my beer and vowed to slow down a
bit and try not to take football too serious at the same time and I
think that was when I decided to try and stop my nasty habit of
run-on sentences; I believe I'm succeeding in all categories.)

Doug

From: d...@homxc.att.com (David T Theoclitus)

Doug,
Here are a few bars in the N.Y.C./N.J. area that I go to for bills games.
In N.J. there is Juke Box Eddies on route 22 East in Greensbrook.
In N.Y.C. there is The Polo Ground at 3'rd Ave and 83'rd st, and
Name This Joint (Home of 'Atomic Wings') at 3'rd ave and 92'nd st.
The Polo Ground charges $10 with two free beers included. They have 10
TVs with a slight bias to bills fans. Name This Joint has two TVs with
an extreme bias towards bills fans. The Atomic Wings Wingery was started
by a UB grad with help from Duffs. Lots of Buffalo paraphanelia here. I go to
Juke Box Eddies (it's closer and less hassle to get to). They charge $3 for
a humongous spread and they cover every game with 28 TVs and 2 Large screen
TVs.

-Dave Theoclitus
'86, '88 UB Graduate

From: IN%"celit!dreamit.fps.com!m...@UCSD.EDU"

In San Diego, the place to go is Trohpy's Sports Bar and Grill, in Mission
Valley. Let me know if you're ever in town:

Mike Sanfratello

From: IN%"su...@Parasoft.COM"

Here in LA, there are *lots* of fans (many came out of the
closet after the super bowl). We have been going to this bar
called "Whipple's Bar and Grill", but the number of people
there now has been over 150, so we are moving to a bigger place
called Marbles. These are both in Anahiem.

There is a "Bills Backers International". If you call the Bills
offices, they should have information on that club. I
think Dennis Lynch runs it. They should have information
on any city's affiliated, with places to go to see the games,
points of contact, etc...

You folks back home will see us (we will have 600 of us in 1 endzone)
at the Coliseum, when the Bills come here and blow away the
Raiders! We plan to have a huge tailgate party (should be about
1000 people there)

Hope this helped!

Sudy Bharadwaj UB '87 - Computer Science
Vice President Sales and Marketing
ParaSoft Corporation
su...@elephant.parasoft.com

From: IN%"jcr...@lotus.com"

Doug,

I am the president of the Boston chapter of Bills Backers International, the
"official" fan club for the Bills. They have chapters all over the country,
and I think even some in Canada and Europe.

I can't seem to find my paperwork now, but if you call the Bills PR
office (716-648-1800) and ask for information on Bills Backers, they'll
be able to tell you.

I'll get my stuff from home tonight and e-mail you tomorrow with the
info. We're just in the process of organizing a chapter here in Boston.

Jeff Crump
Lotus Development Corp.
jcr...@lotus.com

From: IN%"<> (Jeff Crump)"

The person to contact about Bills Backers is:

Alicia Braaten, Coordinator
P.O. Box 49
Clarence Ctr, NY 14032

You can call her at 716-741-3780 between 8 and 10 pm.

jeff