Any Bills Fans...

T. Steegman

Apr 8, 1992, 12:26:00 AM4/8/92
Do any Bills fans have any recent info about the team? I'm from Buffalo,
but I go to school in SmAlbany, and I havent heard a thing since the
Super Bowl, other than what I have read here. Whats the deal with the
coaching staff? I still have to pick the Bills in the East this year.
Thanks in advance for any information. This group has helped me through
the dark months between seasons.
Go Bills!

Tom Steegmann

John of Gaunt

Apr 8, 1992, 3:21:00 AM4/8/92
In article <1992Apr8.0...@acsu.buffalo.edu>, apy...@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (T. Steegman) writes...

As I guess you know, Marchibroda left for Indianapolis. Tom Bresnahan,
the Bills' former offensive line coach, has been promoted to offensive
coordinator. They have also hired a new quarterbacks coach. Bresnahan is the
man responsible for building the Bills' offensive line, and he built it with a
power running game in mind. So expect much more of that kind of play from the
Bills. Also, the man they hired for a quarterbacks coach is one of the best in
the game, so expect improved performance from Kelly.
Kelly hasn't the offseason knee surgery some people expected him to
have, so hopefully his knee healed on its own. Smith had surgery on his knee
again, so hopefully that improved it.

Snoopy

Kevin Hammond (x37516)

Apr 9, 1992, 12:17:34 PM4/9/92

The Bills news:

Players departed via Plan B:
Butch Rolle (tough loss)
Ray Bentley (to Bengals)
Brad Daluiso (to Cowboys)
no other major losses.

Players signed on Plan B:
Ed Thomas TE Tampa Bay
Steve Christie K Tampa Bay - will be Bills kicker this yr.
Derrick Brownlow LB Cowboys - has a chance to take Bentley's spot
Eric Fairs LB Oilers - good special teams player
Brian Baldinger OL - anything is better than Mitch Frerotte

Coaching Changes:
Chuck Dickerson DL coach fired
Ted Marchibroda Off Coord - left to coach Colts
Can't recall name but OL coach promoted to Off Coord. (I hate it when
my mind gets so filled up with work that I forget important
info. like this)
Dan Sekanovich DL coach hired from Dolphins (what a great resume -
"yeah, I coached the worst DL in football. I'll take the job")

Medical
Bruce Smith had his knee scoped again recently. They expect him to
be ready for training camp. (While they were in there, they should
have done an egoectomy).

Shane Conlan is recovering from his Super Bowl knee injury. They
hope that he will not require surgery and that he will be ready by
training camp.