Wanna live across from Lambeau?

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 27, 2017, 11:17:32 AM3/27/17

xyzzy

Mar 27, 2017, 11:29:45 AM3/27/17
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 11:17:32 AM UTC-4, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> Be ready to shell out 600k+
>
> http://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Want-to-live-in-the-shadow-of-Lambeau-Field-Home-just-STEPS-from-stadium-FOR-SALE-for-629K-417183893.html

I bet you could make good coin charging people to park or tailgate in your lawn on game days.

Maybe not enough to justify $629K for what appears to be an upper midwest crackerbox house, but still.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 27, 2017, 11:53:08 AM3/27/17
Prolly $100 car pretty easily - if not more

If that house wasn't there but still in GB - prolly 150-175

michael anderson

Mar 27, 2017, 12:07:33 PM3/27/17
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 10:17:32 AM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> Be ready to shell out 600k+
>
> http://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Want-to-live-in-the-shadow-of-Lambeau-Field-Home-just-STEPS-from-stadium-FOR-SALE-for-629K-417183893.html

thats it? I would have guessed such land would be worth much much more....

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 27, 2017, 12:07:45 PM3/27/17
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 10:29:45 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
Here's the inside, btw - prolly make a great game weekend rental, etc

http://www.symesrealty.com/homes-for-sale-details/941-STADIUM-DR-ASHWAUBENON-WI-54304/50157616/442/

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 27, 2017, 12:08:08 PM3/27/17
It's Green Bay

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 27, 2017, 12:09:16 PM3/27/17

Futbol Phan

Mar 27, 2017, 12:42:20 PM3/27/17
For more perspective, I looked o zillow and found that there are several homes in very close proximity to this one that are also in the $500-$600K range. One is $800K.. I think they are a grouo of cheeseheads looking for a sucker. Go just a couple of blocks away from Lambeau and the prices of comparable homes drop a a tad-- to the mid $100K range.

Personally I don't think it would be worth the $400K or more premium to live across the street from Lambeau. Then again, I'm bot a Packers fan...

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/globalrelevanceex_sort/44.513583,-88.033577,44.4838,-88.091469_rect/14_zm/

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 27, 2017, 12:44:47 PM3/27/17
Only reason to buy there would be A) to get cash from parking and B) rent the house out for weekends like last year w/ LSU

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 27, 2017, 12:47:13 PM3/27/17
great map, btw - thanks for the link

unclejr

Mar 27, 2017, 12:50:25 PM3/27/17
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 10:17:32 AM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
That's a tear-down and build a parking lot in its place.

michael anderson

Mar 27, 2017, 12:53:23 PM3/27/17

I guess everything is local...there are smaller houses(with much much smaller lots/yards) in not much better shape that sold for more than that in my neighborhood.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 27, 2017, 12:55:17 PM3/27/17
Might not be able to - guessing the commercial restrictions in that area are heavily controlled

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Mar 27, 2017, 12:55:40 PM3/27/17
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 11:53:23 AM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
> I guess everything is local...there are smaller houses(with much much smaller lots/yards) in not much better shape that sold for more than that in my neighborhood.

Thus the old saying about real estate - location, location, location

Michael

Mar 27, 2017, 3:43:10 PM3/27/17
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 10:29:45 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
Even at that distance, it's only about $40.00 a car, from my experience. We were right behind the Hutson center for $30.00.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Mar 27, 2017, 4:37:28 PM3/27/17
Hard to justify any of that including weekend stays for 8-9 nights per year.

--
"Laughter is inner jogging." -- Norman Cousins