Comet. Inept, partisan

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 10:01:01 PM6/12/17

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 10:19:48 PM6/12/17
Steve Jobs, Spelling corrector.

Michael Press

Jun 12, 2017, 10:45:56 PM6/12/17
In article <376e6a63-3960-4341...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Steve Jobs, Spelling corrector.

Do not use the corrector.
Set it to mark words it does not have in its dictionary.
Mine get marked with a dotted line under the word.

--
Michael Press

unclejr

Jun 12, 2017, 11:27:57 PM6/12/17
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 9:19:48 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Steve Jobs, Spelling corrector.
I actually opened this thread because I was intrigued by the subject of an inept, partisan comet.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2017, 8:05:53 AM6/13/17
I use the corrector because it's fairly reliable.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2017, 8:06:27 AM6/13/17
That freaking Halley!!

xyzzy

Jun 13, 2017, 10:17:43 AM6/13/17
On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 8:05:53 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I use the corrector because it's fairly reliable.

Not only is the corrector fairly accurate but it makes life much easier, it's far better to tap out "tomr<space>" than "tomorrow" on that tiny keyboard. Yes it bites you sometimes but overall it does great.

Surprised you got corrected though. It usually leaves uppercase words alone. Maybe because it was the start of your sentence.

xyzzy

Jun 13, 2017, 10:20:52 AM6/13/17
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 10:01:01 PM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://thefederalist.com/2017/06/12/james-comey-long-history-questionable-obstruction-cases/

That was worth the read just to see them try to cite Hillary Clinton as an example of an unfair Comey pursuit, but keep their partisans reading by adding a bunch of "but she deserved it anyway" text on their own.

Speaking out of both sides of one's mouth is a challenge, the good pundts and partisan writers sure are good at it.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2017, 11:02:20 AM6/13/17
We're all good at it. Hypocrisy is an interesting part of the human condition.

xyzzy

Jun 13, 2017, 11:03:53 AM6/13/17
On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 11:02:20 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> We're all good at it. Hypocrisy is an interesting part of the human condition.

I've always said hypocrisy makes the world go round. If people were all pure and consistent nothing would get done.

Michael Press

Jun 13, 2017, 3:20:35 PM6/13/17
In article <5ea0e647-b8d6-45a2...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use the corrector because it's fairly reliable.

Of course it is fairly reliable. But you still have
to go back and proof read the old fashioned way.
I find automatic correction distracting.
Editing is for later.

I concentrate on what I think and automatic correction
breaks concentration. Contrary to what people say
we cannot multitask.

--
Michael Press

agavi...@gmail.com