new car chat....

michael anderson

Aug 9, 2017, 10:20:24 AM8/9/17

going to have to upgrade to a 911S in a year or two....this 4 cyl bullshit just isnt cutting it. I dont love the sound of the car. Wish they wouldnt have changed it from the inline 6. It just doesnt sound like a porsche should sound.

I like the interior of the car and the feel though. I like the looks as well.

It feels a little underpowered and sluggish....which makes no sense because all the reviews I read said in converting to the 4 cyl turbocharged the torque curve changed to get a lot more power where i drive(in the lower rpms).

I do like the transmission a lot better than the manuals I've always driven. I'll definately keep the pdk option when I upgrade. Manuals are going the way of the do-do bird with technology being what it is now.

I was being a big truck yesterday on i-65 and hit the gas pedal trying to pass and it just didn't go 'boom'....I was like wtf. it just didn't feel quick.

I wish they made a mid-engine 911s without a backseat....or alternatively I wish they made a 718s with an inline 6 with the 911s engine.....

whatever it's still nicer than the nissan versa and I'll drive it some for a year or two.

xyzzy

Aug 9, 2017, 11:37:13 AM8/9/17
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 10:20:24 AM UTC-4, michael anderson wrote:
> going to have to upgrade to a 911S in a year or two....this 4 cyl bullshit just isnt cutting it. I dont love the sound of the car. Wish they wouldnt have changed it from the inline 6. It just doesnt sound like a porsche should sound.
>
> I like the interior of the car and the feel though. I like the looks as well.
>
> It feels a little underpowered and sluggish....which makes no sense because all the reviews I read said in converting to the 4 cyl turbocharged the torque curve changed to get a lot more power where i drive(in the lower rpms).
>
> I do like the transmission a lot better than the manuals I've always driven. I'll definately keep the pdk option when I upgrade. Manuals are going the way of the do-do bird with technology being what it is now.
>
> I was being a big truck yesterday on i-65 and hit the gas pedal trying to pass and it just didn't go 'boom'....I was like wtf. it just didn't feel quick.

If you want instant punch when hitting the accelerator at any speed, you need to look at a Tesla.

michael anderson

Aug 9, 2017, 12:26:00 PM8/9/17
I don't want a car that big though...the model S is *massive*. Plus it runs 130k(with the battery I'd want and decent options) and I'd still want a small Porsche-type car as well and that would get pricey for both

michael anderson

Aug 9, 2017, 12:27:24 PM8/9/17
Plus like I said earlier I'm not crazy about buying a car that is so supported by our taxes in various ways(credits, carbon nonsense offsets they sell to actual car companies, etc). It feels like Im supporting a liberal cause if I did that and the liberal way of govt

Some dued

Aug 9, 2017, 2:37:41 PM8/9/17
So you don't mind cheating on your taxes but draw the line at taking advantage of legal incentives?

Ken Olson

Aug 9, 2017, 5:01:50 PM8/9/17
What Porsche has an inline 6?

unclejr

Aug 9, 2017, 5:26:00 PM8/9/17
None that I'm aware of.

Ken Olson

Aug 9, 2017, 5:39:23 PM8/9/17
I don't even like Porsches and I know that much.

jim brown

Aug 9, 2017, 6:02:56 PM8/9/17
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 10:37:13 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
Or a Duramax :)

Ken Olson

Aug 9, 2017, 6:10:25 PM8/9/17
Turn off the traction control and watch it go!

Or a Hellcat, Viper, Z06, or if money is no object a Ford GT.

michael anderson

Aug 9, 2017, 11:03:27 PM8/9/17
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 4:01:50 PM UTC-5, Ken Olson wrote:
sorry meant flat 6

Ken Olson

Aug 9, 2017, 11:14:50 PM8/9/17
Thank you.

Futbol Phan

Aug 10, 2017, 12:55:06 AM8/10/17
If you're looking for sporty, good handling and great sound, I think you're in need of a 'vette. And you're in luck; there's a 2015 up for auction right now-- no reserve!-- and so far not a single bid. Go for it mia-- I can picture you riding around Birmingham in real style:

https://www.copart.com/lot/45373276/Photos

Some dued

Aug 10, 2017, 12:57:50 AM8/10/17
Bit of a fixer upper if you ask me.

michael anderson

Aug 10, 2017, 9:19:15 AM8/10/17
corvette is definately not for me

unclejr

Aug 10, 2017, 10:20:43 AM8/10/17
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 11:55:06 PM UTC-5, Futbol Phan wrote:
The only Corvette I'd be interested in is the 1963 split window 327/350 one. One of the most beautiful cars ever made.

agavi...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 10:29:32 AM8/10/17
I like the 50s models too

unclejr

Aug 10, 2017, 10:39:56 AM8/10/17
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 11:55:06 PM UTC-5, Futbol Phan wrote:
Oops. I didn't click on that link until now. Wow. They're actually trying to sell that heap? Unbelievable!

Some dued

Aug 10, 2017, 11:15:50 AM8/10/17
They don't want to have to sweep it up themselves.

Futbol Phan

Aug 10, 2017, 1:13:35 PM8/10/17
Opening bid 30 bucks...

Some dued

Aug 10, 2017, 1:23:14 PM8/10/17
Some guy in a bar will be telling girls he has a 'vette.

xyzzy

Aug 10, 2017, 3:31:43 PM8/10/17
I'm not bidding unless it comes with the original owners manual.