Pool, steak, brats

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2017, 6:29:47 PM7/1/17
I freaking love summer.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jul 2, 2017, 7:27:08 AM7/2/17
On Sat, 1 Jul 2017 15:29:45 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I freaking love summer.

We have steaks but no pool and the two brats are adults now.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

xyzzy

Jul 3, 2017, 10:37:24 AM7/3/17
On Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 6:29:47 PM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I freaking love summer.

you shouldn't call your kids that.

But the steak sounds good.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2017, 10:57:11 AM7/3/17
The steak was awesome. Sat in the bottom of the fridge about 2 weeks beyond the "best by" date. Aged to perfection.

The bratwursts were great as usual. I don't think I've ever had bad bratwurst. I've had overcooked bratwursts but never seemingly poorly made ones. Maybe by design they're simple to create? What I really need is more deer sausage. For that, I need more venison.

The brats are good. All four areswimming like fish.

xyzzy

Jul 3, 2017, 11:09:45 AM7/3/17
Do you have a problem with ducks in your pool? Any tips on discouraging them?

unclejr

Jul 3, 2017, 11:18:54 AM7/3/17
Ducks are annoying as hell. We'll see soon enough if Taggart is any good.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2017, 11:25:03 AM7/3/17
Golden retriever

xyzzy

Jul 3, 2017, 11:27:46 AM7/3/17
On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 11:25:03 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Golden retriever

This is a neighborhood pool, not a backyard pool, so it isn't practical to keep a dog there all the time. One of the neighbors does send her dog over when she sees the ducks, but overnight they get comfortable again.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2017, 12:09:32 PM7/3/17
We have a pond, so the critters prefer it.

Maybe some of those plastic owls? Throw a rubber snake in the pool?

Holly Springs have placed plastic buzzards hanging upside down on the light towers at the North Main Athletic Complex to keep the local buzzards from roosting there. I'm not sure if it's working or not.

I think plastic owls would be the best bet.

xyzzy

Jul 3, 2017, 1:15:41 PM7/3/17
The plastic owls sound like something to try. Putting a rubber snake in probably wouldn't work because over time it would likely end up in the corner where the drain is, like every other floating toy people have left to try to deter the ducks.

The NOTBCS Guy

Jul 3, 2017, 1:22:35 PM7/3/17
On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 8:25:03 AM UTC-7, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Golden retriever

Seriously, Google Groups asked me if I wanted "Golden retriever" translated from Norwegian to English.

The translation: Golden retriever.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2017, 1:50:50 PM7/3/17
My company uses google and we have a German arm. I'm regularly prompted by the googles to translate to German and occasionally other languages.

xyzzy

Jul 3, 2017, 2:08:03 PM7/3/17
On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 1:50:50 PM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> My company uses google and we have a German arm. I'm regularly prompted by the googles to translate to German and occasionally other languages.

Does your company tell you not to use google translate for internal communications because then google would know all your secret stuff?

agavi...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2017, 4:54:31 PM7/3/17
I don't know how it works. We have corporate google. So they probably don't tell us they're reading our stuff.

Also recently heard they're stopping that.