Our litigious society, Part II

Michael Press

Jul 3, 2017, 7:44:34 PM7/3/17
An Israeli prosecutor’s office confirmed Sunday that the country
had filed a against the family of a terrorist who drove a truck
into a group of military personnel in January.

Fadi al-Qunbar killed four IDF soldiers in his truck attack
before being shot and killed, prompting Israel to sue against any
inheritance the terrorist left to his family, Haaretz Daily
reported Sunday. The lawsuit, which is expected to be the first
of many similar cases, demands 2 million New Israeli Shekel for
each slain soldier, a total of more than $2.3 million.

The payments are intended to cover the loss of future earnings
from the four soldiers, their loss of pension, as well as
emotional damage to the families, Times of Israel reported.

“From now on, anyone who plots, plans or considers carrying out a
terrorist attack will know that his family will pay a heavy price
for his deed,” Minister of the Interior Arye Dery told Haaretz.

<http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/03/israel-suing-family-of-terrorist-who-killed-4-idf-soldiers-in-landmark-case/>
<http://tinyurl.com/s53ef6p>

--
Michael Press

darkst...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2017, 11:43:14 PM7/3/17
On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 4:44:34 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:

> “From now on, anyone who plots, plans or considers carrying out a
> terrorist attack will know that his family will pay a heavy price
> for his deed,” Minister of the Interior Arye Dery told Haaretz.

Smaaaart... *sarcasm*

Now your only assurance is that you basically have the terrorist kill his or her family first.

Mike

Ken Olson

Jul 4, 2017, 12:46:22 AM7/4/17
We're supposed to feel bad about that?

darkst...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2017, 1:14:45 AM7/4/17
On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 9:46:22 PM UTC-7, Ken Olson wrote:

> > Smaaaart... *sarcasm*
> >
> > Now your only assurance is that you basically have the terrorist kill his or her family first.

> We're supposed to feel bad about that?

With that view, why not just shoot the family yourself as the government involved?

I mean, with that attitude, why not make being the family of a terrorist a DP offense, regardless of the involvement of said family (or lack thereof)?

Mike

Ken Olson

Jul 4, 2017, 1:36:18 AM7/4/17
I'd much rather the enemy gets so psychotic that they increase their
killing of their own. We don't have to buy the rounds or the troops to
fire them that way. Hell, we don't even have to clean up the mess.

jim brown

Jul 4, 2017, 1:50:00 AM7/4/17
Well, that's about the stupidest comment I've seen on here for a while that didn't come out of Hugh's mouth. Nicely done!