What happened to the "powerful" SEC?

Jeff

Nov 30, 2014, 6:25:32 PM11/30/14
It seems to have evaporated under the new playoff format.

michael anderson

Nov 30, 2014, 6:50:06 PM11/30/14
Lol huh? An sec team is the clear favorite to win the national title under this format...same as the last one,

J. Hugh Sullivan

Nov 30, 2014, 7:16:31 PM11/30/14
On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 00:18:18 +0100 (CET), "Jeff" <je...@4ax.com>
wrote:

>It seems to have evaporated under the new playoff format.

One SEC team is all that was needed except for last year.

The last 5 years only ND was not a Southern team in the MNC game and
they wish they had not been there.

Hugh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Nov 30, 2014, 7:23:11 PM11/30/14
On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 15:50:04 -0800 (PST), michael anderson
<miande...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Lol huh? An sec team is the clear favorite to win the national title under this format...same as the last one,

Getting hot, lots of luck and no stars hurt will win that format. The
best team might win double elimination or 3 of 5 but single
elimination? The odds are against it.

Hugh

Eric Ramon

Nov 30, 2014, 8:32:17 PM11/30/14
On Sunday, November 30, 2014 4:16:31 PM UTC-8, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:

> The last 5 years only ND was not a Southern team in the MNC game and
> they wish they had not been there.

You must mean the last 3 years. But are you Southerners now claiming Florida State is part of the SEC? Texas? Not actually in the SEC but "close enough"?

Michael Press

Nov 30, 2014, 11:16:11 PM11/30/14
In article <07a9a74b898152c1...@dizum.com>,
"Jeff" <je...@4ax.com> wrote:

> It seems to have evaporated under the new playoff format.

Chumming the waters? Too easy. Show some pride.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 1, 2014, 11:00:17 AM12/1/14
I did not mention SEC in my above statement. But follow the trend...

2013 Florida State BCS
2012 Alabama BCS
2011 Alabama BCS
2010 Auburn BCS
2009 Alabama BCS
2008 Florida BCS
2007 Louisiana State BCS
2006 Florida BCS
2005 Texas BCS
2004 USC BCS
2003 LSU USC BCS, AP, FWAA
2002 Ohio State BCS
2001 Miami (Fla.) BCS
2000 Oklahoma BCS
1999 Florida State BCS
1998 Tennessee BCS

9 SEC schools, 2 Southern schools, 2 SW schools plus USucksC and
teeheeOhio State. That's one team north of the Ohio River and 1 team
west of the Rio Grande. Can you spot the trend?

I do appreciate your not mentioning the tired old bray about Southern
teams not liking to play football in locations where weather is more
important than talent and allows the nawth to win on occasion.

Oregon is a dadgum good football team. Why can't you be satisfied with
that? I'm sorry if their uniforms blind you.

Hugh