America: land of opportunity!

xyzzy

Aug 7, 2017, 2:33:10 PM8/7/17
Where first generation immigrants can buy a street out from under millionaires who aren't paying attention. In a neighborhood that used to ban non-whites from owning property.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Rich-SF-residents-get-a-shock-Someone-bought-11738236.php

P.s. make sure your HOA pays its taxes.

Futbol Phan

Aug 7, 2017, 5:08:18 PM8/7/17
Too much money in Silicon Valley. This proves it.

Some dued

Aug 7, 2017, 5:51:30 PM8/7/17
Its kind of cool, but also kind of a dick move. I mean someone was gonna buy it but still.

Futbol Phan

Aug 7, 2017, 7:15:03 PM8/7/17
On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 4:51:30 PM UTC-5, Some dued wrote:
> Its kind of cool, but also kind of a dick move. I mean someone was gonna buy it but still.

There must have been a few bidders on it-- wonder what their plans were for it.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Aug 8, 2017, 6:33:51 AM8/8/17
On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 1:33:10 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
This is by far and away one of my fave stories in a while - love it so much.

I really do kinda hope they lease the spots to outsiders.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Aug 8, 2017, 6:34:21 AM8/8/17
Why do you say this?

Ken Olson

Aug 8, 2017, 7:03:17 AM8/8/17
I hope they can make enough money to buy one of them out.

michael anderson

Aug 8, 2017, 9:44:15 AM8/8/17
i know parking in sf is tight and the neighborhoods are different there, but this is still a ritzy residential neighborhood....it may not even be close to where large numbers of people work and given that if there is no bart access right there that would make it tough to do.

xyzzy

Aug 8, 2017, 10:16:38 AM8/8/17
It's surrounded by less ritzy neighborhoods. I'm sure some of those residents wouldn't mind a short walk to a leased parking space in a gated neighborhood.

michael anderson

Aug 8, 2017, 12:21:14 PM8/8/17
presumably there are going to be garages and leased parking available which they could also rent/purchase in their actual neighborhood much closer though....without knowing the area I can't speak with certainty, but my guess is the homeowners could band together and refuse to play ball and then they may be left with an asset they can't really use. these are homeowners who probably all have off street parking available to them.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Aug 8, 2017, 12:53:46 PM8/8/17
Absolutely there will be.

plai...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2017, 8:33:54 PM8/8/17
I went and looked Presidio Terrace up on a map. It's a wealthy enclave in the middle of a middle class neighborhood. It amuses me that to the west is the Little Sisters of the Poor. To the north is the Presidio, a former Army base closed when the military decided they didn't need any bases on the west coast between Los Angeles and Seattle. More specifically, the Presidio golf course borders the street. Can't have an Army base without a golf course, right?

irishra...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2017, 10:59:57 PM8/8/17
Charge for street parking.

Irish Mike