First Delta, now BA

agavi...@gmail.com

May 29, 2017, 10:41:48 AM5/29/17
There's something to be said for old school tech guys who thought system uptime and hardness were the first priority.

What a mess.

I had a 5pm from BOS to JFK last Thu and ended up finding my way to DC, then getting standby to several flights before I got the last NC bound regional out of there around midnight. I flew to GSO and drove the 1.5 hours home. They were cancelling flights all over the east coast because of weather.

A colleague rented a car and drove, he got home at 4AM.

Air travel is a mess. But self-inflicted wounds are worse.

xyzzy

May 29, 2017, 11:04:26 AM5/29/17
Last week my SWA flight RDU to Orlando diverted to Tampa because of storms. Understandable but we were delayed 40 minutes leaving Tampa because the computers couldn't do the weight and balance so they had to do it by hand. I heard the captain arguing with dispatch in the gate lounge, it was entertaining and enlightening.

Then for my flight home I couldn't get an online boarding pass, their website and app threw API errors. Got to the airport and all the self service kiosks were down. As a result the line at the Southwest check in counters was out the door. And my flight was boarding in 30 minutes.

I paid a skycap $10 to check me in and print a boarding pass, no waiting. But lots of people missed a bunch of flights because of this.

But then when I googled and searched twitter for Southwest computer problems I found nothing, only news about their meltdown last year. Somehow Southwest got a pass on their computer meltdown this past week. Maybe people love them too much. I admit I'm guilty of that.

GrtArtiste

May 29, 2017, 12:45:30 PM5/29/17
On 5/29/2017 10:41 AM, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> There's something to be said for old school tech guys who thought system uptime and hardness were the first priority.
>
> What a mess.

I haven't been on a plane since 1996 and there is very little that would
make me want to fly anywhere.

GrtArtiste

agavi...@gmail.com

May 29, 2017, 2:02:31 PM5/29/17
I flew southwest a lot when they first hit RDU. really like their service and their 12 flights get 1 free deal. They just don't go where I need to go, and with status, I get better opportunity

my colleagues parents sat on a SWA flight in Tampa while the authorities came on board and did a seat by seat search for some guy. They were terrified for he entire flight to Pittsburgh that he'd left a bomb on board.

agavi...@gmail.com

May 29, 2017, 2:03:20 PM5/29/17
I talked to someone at church Sunday who hasn't flown since 95 or 96.

Michael Press

May 29, 2017, 2:49:46 PM5/29/17
In article <oghj0n$dmn$1...@dont-email.me>,
Likewise. 1998.